Picture of a day

• Not so long ago my hometown was brought back to life, since it hosted the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup again since the last time in 2009.

Have to say that visiting both events 10 years apart sure showed how much things have progressed.

Track itself this year was reffered by many as being oldschool and very natural, so UCI decided that the event will happen here in 2020 as well.

A few pictures from the event and a track overview video.

vnddcmy.jpgbR3EPUg.jpgqo99DFm.jpgfBMdhNx.jpg

5xLUg6i.jpg7GdBIBH.jpg

And whole course preview uploaded by The Syndicate [Santa Cruz Bicycles]

The run was about 3:05 long, while winning one was 2:58.839 for men and 3:25.888 for women.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Wolkenengel ().

• Its not been as exciting as a festival, but I was out and about today since the weather was a little warmer.

It's amazing how even on a warm summer day some places near me still look like Mordor lol:

Heading towards a place called Duns, I didn't know whether to go left or right....

Not sure if it is visible, but this squint and very flexible footbridge says 2 people maximum and no jumping =O

• Wow, impressive. And by the way, where did you take those photos?

• Wow, impressive. And by the way, where did you take those photos?

South of Edinburgh, Scotland. I was at the coast today, Bass Rock, it was once fortified, and a prison, now it only has a ruined chapel, a lighthouse, and a lot of wild birds, so many birds that their poop turned the rock white

• South of Edinburgh, Scotland. I was at the coast today, Bass Rock, it was once fortified, and a prison, now it only has a ruined chapel, a lighthouse, and a lot of wild birds, so many birds that their poop turned the rock white

lmao about that rock, but the overall scene looks wild. Have you enjoyed the place?

• Went to visit some relatives earlier this week... met this fancy and lazy furball.

Gave a nice grumpy expresion too...

“People don’t climb mountains because they’re there.

People climb mountains because other people don’t,

other people won’t, because trying is a harder path.”

Balkans 3x - Beautiful Idiot

• My desk to become master craftman in metal working, steel frame and brass textured everywhere around. 650 hours of work beetween may and august after work (overtime) :3 hard period for me but that desk is awesome !

2018 Nains Posteurs: S2

2019 Fée Lyndra: S5

• This morning when I got downstairs, I looked out the window and saw something in the garden. I could not really see what it was at first:

After a while I saw what it was: It was a small fallow deer that was stuck in the fence with one hoof.

I don't know for how long it had been there, if it was badly hurt or not and I didn't know what to do with it. I called a man who is a hunter and he arrived after maybe 15 minutes.

He went down to the deer and the deer tried to get away, but was stuck in the fence:

He put a blanket over the deer's head and the deer calmed down. I was asked to hold the head while the hunter first examined the deer and he could not feel that there was any broken bones or something. He cut the the fence to release the deer.

When the deer was released, she ran away. She was a bit numb in the left leg after being stuck for I don't know how long. The hunter followed her for a while and saw that she got better in the leg. Hopefully, she will find her herd again soon. Poor little girl.