RPG: The Seven Kingdoms - Game Thread

• For whatever reason, at this moment Lucas realizes the catastrophic nature of the loss he has suffered. Bridge between worlds, non functional cell phone, a foreign land and foreign tongue. Although he wasn't particularly close to his parents or his sister, it does occur to him that his absence (unexplained) will pain them, and their absence from his life has begun to pain him. Friends and acquaintances come and go, but family remains constant.

No longer.

Worse, from the way that this Aes Sedai speaks (a brown, maybe), no one has ever gone back. How he'd relish this adventure if it had been offered instead of thrust upon him. Perhaps the blue Aes Sedai of whom she speaks would know something more.

And so, oddly paralyzed by the wave of emotion given by the finality of the answers given by this Aes Sedai, Ferrika, and unable to express his thoughts in the tongue which might be understood, Lucas just does his best to smooth his face and his emotions, and inclines his head in what he hopes is understandable as a gesture of thanks.

1833077558343603260517.png
    Current server: Zugzwang on Anglosphere 4. (For prior servers, see profile.)

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

• Ivy feels herself inwardly relax chattering with the genial company and the challenge of a new language. Starting to figure out the new normal. Sure she wanted to know what happened, how she got here....where here was, but realizing these were answers not readily available made the conscious decision to learn about "here", find her place here, while keeping an eye out for information on the how when where why here is and just how she got here, why she was placed here. These people's ancestors were also brought here, who or what was at work?

Stumbling over the teanga words Ivy asked, "Can I get dessert for anyone while I am up?"

Ivy

You gather from the not-fully-suppressed smiles that you did not say exactly what you intended. Rafaella collected herself and said in habla, "We must work more on prepositions, and on how words change when they are used. I think you did not intend to put us into the desserts."

You laugh with them, agreeing that you had something different in mind. Together, you and Rafaella head back to the buffet tables to collect an assortment of desserts. "But truly, Ivy, you are learning well. It takes time to master teanga if you are not born to it. There are some who come here from the southern kingdoms to work, who never learn to speak it."

After more pleasant conversation and language lessons, Abeille and Rafaella both leave, Abeille to her work, and Rafaella to a meeting with one of the understewards. Rhugar invites you to follow him for a continuation of your tour.

"Next, of course, is the main floor, then the cellars, and then we will go outside. That should be enough for even one with your curiosity for today. Tomorrow, if you like, I can arrange for you to spend some time in the village. Actually, perhaps Rafaella can guide you, she of course knows the reeve, and I will send a page to him this evening to ask if he can arrange for you to see some of the things we have spoken of.

"Here, you see, are the main doors to the courtyard. In that direction are the barracks - our guards all live in the castle unless on leave, even though some have families in the village. It is, I am told, a matter of military discipline. I suspect the Guardsmaster would take a dim view of our intruding on them. Taking this corridor instead, first there are workrooms for staff - seamstresses, tinkers, weavers, and other craftsfolk - on either side, and next, the castle. entrance to the infirmary, and beyond that, the laundries. Would you care to take a closer look at any of these?"

Lucas

The tall, androgynous person whose name you can't quite remember says to you, softly, "Look into my eyes." You do as sie asks, and suddenly you 'hear' ser voice, speaking what your mind insists is English, though her lips are not moving.

"I am so sorry for your pain, Lucas - no, I am not reading your mind, but I sense emotions as well, and they are much harder to shield against. To speak to me, just form the words in your mind, as if you were going to say them, and I will 'hear' you.

"What I tell you is only what I heard, in passing, as a child growing up among my mother;s people. Some is supposition, extrapolation. I believe that you stumbled across an ancient gate made by my mother's people, a way to walk the stars without a need for vessels of air and space. Once there were many of these, to many worlds, but as ser people grew fewer, they closed the gates, choosing to let this world be the place of their end as it was of their beginning. I do not know the details, but in the attempt to close the gate to one of the worlds, something went wrong, and the gates became unstable, opening and closing randomly, and nothing my mother's people attempted could repair the damage.

"Over the years, many have fallen through these gates from your world. The gates should work both ways, but... It cannot be predicted when or where one will open. I fear I cannot offer you hope. And I no longer know where my mother's people may be, if any still live. They withdrew many years ago from all contact with the other races of this world, beyond the Great Northern Mountains, which no humans have scaled and returned to speak of.

"This is what I know, or believe, of how you came here. Have you other questions of me? Ask what you will, and freely, for kinless as you are on this world, you are owed guestright wherever you go, until you may find a place for yourself in this world, and there is none who respects the law who will deny you whatever it may be seemly to give."

(OOC: Pass - Elliott just passes out from the sickness)

Elliott

You are lost in a strange world, nightmarish, where you float in a grey mist. You see lights around you, some near, some far, some burning strongly, some weakly flickering. At times you sense your body, by turns feverish and chilled. And sometimes you fade into darkness, sleeping without any sense of of how much time is passing.

[OOC: Carni, when you have more free time just write a post in which you wake up feeling better, and I'll work you back into the game. :) ]

And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

• How could such a thing be true without there being any Earthly stories about them? At least, it couldn't be in the recent past unless there was a huge conspiracy to cover it up on Earth. If there were wormholes open to the stars in the recent past, there would certainly have been stories about it. This leads Lucas to wonder if there is either a time travel effect (as in, did the transport also transport him backwards in time as well as far away in space), or if time passes more slowly here than on Earth (as in, these gates open thousands of years ago on Earth but only a couple hundred years here).

Lucas isn't really used to needing to focus his thought, so he isn't sure how much of that translated through whatever this person was doing. (Not an Aes Sedai anymore -- they couldn't mind read. He's too distracted to think of a better reference at the moment though; he's wondering what he missed about the sheer impossibility of telepathy. How could one person's thoughts make sense in the mind of another? A key aspect of my thoughts is that they're in my brain. In someone else's brain, they'd have to be a different thought.

Anyway, Lucas remembers that this person is in his brain again and tries to think that he is thankful for the help and just needs some time to think. Especially of a plan. Everything is better when one has a plan. Then what to do just flows from the plan.

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

• How could such a thing be true without there being any Earthly stories about them? At least, it couldn't be in the recent past unless there was a huge conspiracy to cover it up on Earth. If there were wormholes open to the stars in the recent past, there would certainly have been stories about it. This leads Lucas to wonder if there is either a time travel effect (as in, did the transport also transport him backwards in time as well as far away in space), or if time passes more slowly here than on Earth (as in, these gates open thousands of years ago on Earth but only a couple hundred years here).

Lucas isn't really used to needing to focus his thought, so he isn't sure how much of that translated through whatever this person was doing. (Not an Aes Sedai anymore -- they couldn't mind read. He's too distracted to think of a better reference at the moment though; he's wondering what he missed about the sheer impossibility of telepathy. How could one person's thoughts make sense in the mind of another? A key aspect of my thoughts is that they're in my brain. In someone else's brain, they'd have to be a different thought.

Anyway, Lucas remembers that this person is in his brain again and tries to think that he is thankful for the help and just needs some time to think. Especially of a plan. Everything is better when one has a plan. Then what to do just flows from the plan.

The person is speaking in your mind again. "Forgive me, but your thoughts are very close to the surface if your mind, and I could not block out your confusion. As to your first question, that of time, I do not know if there is what you called a 'time travel effect' but you must understand that these things happened a very long time ago. My mother's people are very long-lived. I myself have lived among humans for more than two hundred years, and I am half human. It has been perhaps three thousand years since the gates were closed - and the gate to your world broken. When that gate was first damaged, it held such power that whole tribes of nomadic peoples would come through in a single crossing, but over time, the gate has grown weaker, and rarely opens to more than one person at a time.

"As to the nature of telepathy.... All things exist in more than one dimension, though without the gift, it is difficult to access that part of one's being that dwells in other dimensions. Telepathy does not speak brain to brain, but mind to mind, in the otherworld that lies closest - if I may use a metaphor of space - to the one that all perceive. What I send to your mind in the otherworld is translated to your brain in this one.

"As for a plan... You may remain here if you wish. Or travel on with caravanmaster Camilla and her people. You may claim guestright anywhere you choose, and receive aid. But there is some time to think of what you would do, for the caravanmaster will not leave without her kinsman, and it will be at least a day before he is ready to travel again.

"Is there is more you would know at this time? Fear not that you must ask all now, You need only ask for me, and I will come as soon as my other duties permit. I am generally known as Liriel, and there is no other here by that name."

And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

• Lucas is not able to understand this quickly, but does make some effort to hide his thoughts this time, thinking "I'm thinking" at the top level while trying to keep the actual thoughts separate.

First, the 200 year and half-human claim. The half-human bit is interesting, but Lucas knows that most humans are at least partially Neandrathals and this claim could be as simple as that. Thus, not immediately important. The 200 year claim -- that's more relevant. But Lucas doesn't know how long Liriel means by a "year," so again, not immediately worth pursuing.

The "otherworld" bit baffles Lucas for longer than it should have, and Lucas curses his own slowness. All it amounts to is a claim that thoughts are distinct from brainstates and that those thoughts "exist" in some other space which Liriel can access. As an explanation for the apparent telepathy, it will do. Lucas makes a mental note to think about the consequences later.

Liriel misunderstood what he had meant about having a plan -- her suggestions were short termed not long termed -- but that is also not important. His mind was already made up about going to the city; a city man, he could never settle down to think of work outside of one.

Consciously shutting down the top level bit that was "I'm thinking," Lucas replaces it with "are there records kept from the time of the gates? Not only historical records, but technical ones? It baffles me that these gates would have been created and then the knowledge used in doing so be completely lost. Are there records kept by people who have travelled here this way recently, meaning in tongues that might be my own not yours?"

• Consciously shutting down the top level bit that was "I'm thinking," Lucas replaces it with "are there records kept from the time of the gates? Not only historical records, but technical ones? It baffles me that these gates would have been created and then the knowledge used in doing so be completely lost. Are there records kept by people who have travelled here this way recently, meaning in tongues that might be my own not yours?"

"If any of my mother's people still live, there might be those who still remember something of the working of the gates. You must understand, they returned to this, their homeworld, to die. And as part of this, they made a choice, to give up both the technology of science and that of psionic ability, to live simply with the world until the end. They are not just long-lived, but a very old people.

"Among humans, much of this is legend. Some believe that they came here from elsewhere, others that the gods created them here. If there are any records of the earliest days of humans on this world in the Seven kingdoms, they would either be at Macsen, which is a centre for scholars of history, among other things, or at Ciorcal Thendara, in Cathairis, which is the oldest of the Ciorcals. I do not know what records the Massili and Tissili, who live in the deserts lands, might have.

"In recent years, whenever a person such as yourself became known to one of the Ciorcal-trained, it has been custom - by the request of the Riallor, those who govern the southern kingdoms - to send a report to Ciorcal Thendara. So whatever is known of recent crossings, you will find there."

• "Rugar, I would love to check out the crafts at a later time, I am quite eager continue to see the entirety of your plumbing system."

• Liriel could not have said 'go to Cathairis' any more clearly unless she said "go to Cathairis."

Lucas breaks the mental connection -- assuming that looking away and imagining that it is dismissed dismisses it -- and expressed his thanks for the help verbally.

• "Rugar, I would love to check out the crafts at a later time, I am quite eager continue to see the entirety of your plumbing system."

Ivy

"Of course, I will be delighted to show you everything," Rhugar said with a touch of pride. "First, let me show you the pipes, there is an access point to them in the kitchens on this floor. And if I recall correctly, you have an interest in preserving food? The main kitchens on this floor include workspaces for preserves, and the castle brewery is located here as well, for while we do not have the climate here for growing fruits to support a winery, we do make our own beer and mead. But first, the plumbing."

Rhugar leads you to portion of the wall in the busy kitchen area, and shows you the mechanism for accessing the space between the double walls where the pipes run. The two of you spend sone time exploring the piping, as Rhugar shows you how everything is mounted and fitted, and gives you a quick explanation of how both the metal and clay pipes are made. You see at regular intervals vertical ladders leading up to the higher levels - "of course there are access points on all floors, but it is simpler and quicker to climb up between the walls than go out and up when what you are working on requires you to access more than one level" - and scaffolding that supports the walkways above you.

Next, Rhugar takes you on a whirlwind tour of the kitchen and brewery areas, which extend deep into the cliff face, and the main storage areas. You follow him down a set of steps cut into the rock, and find yourself in the cellar.

"Here are the water storage cisterns," he says, pointing out the circulation system he described earlier. "And over here," he adds as he leads out of the cavern area and down another, shorter set of steps, " are the privy cisterns - built on lower ground, of course, to avoid any chance of contaminating the drinking water. If you look up, you will see where the waste chutes from the upper floors feed into the cisterns. Now, if you will examine this cistern carefully, you will see that the ceiling can be slowly forced down by the manipulation of these levers. And if you will come around to the wall," he points toward the side of the giant tank, "you will see these outflow pipes at the base, which pass through the wall and exit outside the castle. When these valves are turned, and the outside hatches opened, the material within the cistern can be pushed out of the system. As you will see when we go outside the castle, the earth is dug down at that point, and there is a roadway so that the manure carts can be brought down to collect the waste as it is forced out through the pipes, and the matter then taken away to further decompose until it is ready to use on the fields."

Liriel could not have said 'go to Cathairis' any more clearly unless she said "go to Cathairis."

Lucas breaks the mental connection -- assuming that looking away and imagining that it is dismissed dismisses it -- and expressed his thanks for the help verbally.

Lucas

As you turn away, Liriel says, "I am here if you need me," and then speaks to Ferrika and Camilla in the language you do not know at all. You assume sie is giving them a summary of your discussion.

The three of them talk briefly, and then Ferrika and Liriel leave. Camilla turns to you. "Tonight we make camp here. When Davin is healed, you can tell us if you will go with us, or stay here." You notice that it seems a bit easier to understand her, as if the telepathic conversation with Liriel has somehow pushed your learning curve forward a bit.

Now, I want to visit Davin. Will you come with me?"

• Rhugar what do you do to ensure there are no disease pathogens in the manure? Do you separate the human waste from the stables? Is certain manure only used for certain crops? For instance I would not use human manure on row crops like lettuce, carrots, kale, but I would use it for fruit and grains. Do you have a similar protocol? Do you do any aquaculture to clean the outflow?

• Rhugar what do you do to ensure there are no disease pathogens in the manure? Do you separate the human waste from the stables? Is certain manure only used for certain crops? For instance I would not use human manure on row crops like lettuce, carrots, kale, but I would use it for fruit and grains. Do you have a similar protocol? Do you do any aquaculture to clean the outflow?

Rhugar nods, "This of course is a matter of great importance. And despite our efforts, every once in a while, someone will use nightsoils and animal waste directly rather than having it all collected and taken to the communal composting piles, and then there is sickness and they must have a caillach in anyway. As you know, such pathogens live best at the temperature of the bodies they normally dwell in, and a well managed compost pile will generate sufficient heat to kill them. And this is one of the duties of the village caillais, to inspect the compost piles for the presence of disease organisms, and make certain that the piles reach the necessary temperature - by draoich, if nature has not been sufficient.

"As for the management of waste from the stables, the kennels and mews - ah, would that we could train animals to use privies. Alas, there we must depend on human labour and shovels - and then of course the waste goes into the manure stream and is treated properly to ensure it is safe. I do not think there is a village in all of the kingdoms without a callach to manage these matters among their other duties. It is one of the responsibilities of every lord to ensure this. And of course in the cities it is of the utmost importance that wastes of all kinds are collected, removed to local composting sites, and properly managed.

"As to the ultimate uses of the compost, I am no farmer, but I know that many of those who grow garden crops maintain smaller compost piles of vegetable matter only, without meat or excreted wastes, for use on their plants. Even so, such piles are monitored by the caillach in residence. Those for whom the manure is useful, collect the fully composted material from the composting sites when they require it.

"You asked before about the other water waste before - grey water you called it, what an excellent term, I will use it in future if you do not object. I will show you the settling pool when we go outside the walls, but of course, we use whatever plants and fish that will help to cleanse the grey water before it enters the natural stream again. And the pool is monitored by our callach as well."

Rhugar shows you the rest of the cellars - the wells, the storage areas, and - fortunately unused and apparently in such a state for quite some time - what he refers to as the detention area. Of course, every castle needs a dungeon, you think, though you are relieved to note that the cells, even without regular use, are clean, dry, and furnished with the essentials for basic comfort.

You go back up to the ground floor through the stables, which you see are partly built out into the courtyard, and partly dug into the cliff face. There are two exits - a simple barn door into the courtyard, and a solid and defensible gate that leads out of the castle complex entirely. "One does not ride a full mounted force out through a crowded courtyard," Rhugar observes as he completes the tour of the stables and kennels, complete with a quick look on the upper floor of the wooden building, to see the facilities for housing snd training hunting birds.

Back down in the courtyard, Rhugar points out the workshops for the various crafters - armourers, smithies, leather workers and harness makers, metal workers, masons and carpenters, ranged around the inner wall of the castle. He points out the guardhouses and stairs to the shielded walkways along the top of the wall, where sentries would be stationed in times of unrest or outright war. "In ancient times, of course, there would be archers, and you can still see how the fortifications are built to allow them to take aim at a besieging enemy. Of course, since the Compact no one would ever use a ranged weapon against another human, and we hold still to that here in Shielig, though we have broken with the Riallor on the use of ranged weapons in hunting." Rhugar sighed. "The lowland kingdoms simply do not understand the importance of hunting here, we have so much less arable land and so much shorter a growing season on the high plateau." He leads you through the courtyard, pointing out the courtyard entrances to the infirmary, the apothecary, the laundries and the privies - it all fits together in your mind now in a way that it did not when Rafaella had shown them to you on your arrival.

"But, now we will go outside the walls and you will see the settling pool and the mill," Rhugar says as he leads you toward the open gate.

• Smiling Ivy says, "You have my permission to use the term gray water." Thoughtfully Ivy asks, " Just what is draoich, how does that work? How do the caillach both heal and oversee composting...what else do they do?"

"I am asking you too many questions, and I have many more swirling in my head. But I think tomorrow I had better arrange to work with a scribe and record the information on how I got here to Shelig...or rather to where Rafaella found me, I promised Lord Seanan I would do so, and it is best done sooner rather than later. Can we delay my tour of the village and surroundings by a day?"

"Now lets go look at the settling ponds and the Mill, back home I set up a self cleaning swimming pool....it does not need any chemicals....the natural filtration of the plants keep it clean. I am very interested in systems that use natural processes to clean."

• Lucas answers only the last bit -- but looks Camilla in the eye when he does. "Of course I will go with you."

• Smiling Ivy says, "You have my permission to use the term gray water." Thoughtfully Ivy asks, " Just what is draoich, how does that work? How do the caillach both heal and oversee composting...what else do they do?"

"I am asking you too many questions, and I have many more swirling in my head. But I think tomorrow I had better arrange to work with a scribe and record the information on how I got here to Shelig...or rather to where Rafaella found me, I promised Lord Seanan I would do so, and it is best done sooner rather than later. Can we delay my tour of the village and surroundings by a day?"

"Now lets go look at the settling ponds and the Mill, back home I set up a self cleaning swimming pool....it does not need any chemicals....the natural filtration of the plants keep it clean. I am very interested in systems that use natural processes to clean."

Ivy

"Of course, I forgot," Rhugar says as he leads you out of the courtyard and around the castke to the east. "The old stories tell us that once draoigh was weak and rare among humans, until the Cairini came among us. You likely do not know of it. Draoigh - the word is from old teanga - is what we call the gift, the ability to use the mind to communicate directly with others, to see at a distance or to see that which is too small for the eye, to move without touching anything from a massive piece of rock, to a molecule, to manipulate flows of energy. Many of us have a small gift, perhaps enough to make starting a fire easier, or to sense another's strong emotions, or form a closer bond with animals - such is my wife's gift, I myself am headblind, without any touch of draoich - but there are those among us who have one or more of these gifts in full measure, and most of these train at the Ciorcals to be caillais.

"The caillais work in many areas - healing, of course, is what most people see of them, and public health work such as I have explained to you. Communication across great distances for important matters. Teams of specially trained caillais can shift the rain to put out forest fires, or break up a dangerous storm. Others work with masterbuilders, to excavate and position large sections of buildings or heavy metal fixtures. Some can locate underground water, or seams of metal, or natural gas. They work with the courts and diplomats, for even without reading the mind of another - which no callach would do without permission save in some dire emergency - they can sense when truth or lie is spoken, and whether a person is of good or malicious intent.

"Ah, but here we are. As you see, there is the road down to the point where the manure carts collect the waste from the privy system. There, " he points to the cliffs, somewhat east of your position, " is the natural waterfall. You can see here, where the ground slopes down on the other side of us, toward the stream. Over there, downhill from the waterfall, is our mill, and if you will follow me, you will see the system for cleaning our grey water.

As you walk toward the cliff, with the castle to you left and the millstream downhill to your right, you see a long narrow strip of rushes snd reeds, perhaps 20 feet wide, beginning at the castle wall and stretching almost to the stream. "We layer gravel and soil to the depth of a human's height - deep enough that even in winter, water will flow through the lower levels and seed it with these plants. The water flows out of the castle and through this stretch of reeds to the settling pool. Here, walk with me along the edge. The plants are regularly thinned, and most are used in making baskets, mats, paper, and other necessary items. Here at this far end, where the water is cleanest, we grow some medicinal plants. Now, you see the water flows into a constructed pool, which in winter allows particulates to settle even when the drainage area is operating at less than peak efficiency. From the pool, the water flows into the stream just below the waterfall, and adds to the volume of water available to power the mill. While some villages have smaller mills, powered by local streams or animal power, this is the main grain mill for our region.

"And now you have seen our home, I will take you back to the guest area, so that you may rest and wash before dinner. By all means, spend tomorrow with the scribe, and on the day following I will have that tour of the village arranged for you."

As you walk back toward the castle gates, Rhugar adds, "It may take you some time to make your decisions, but, should you choose to make your home here with us, and be so inclined, I would be happy to find a place for you on my staff."

Lucas answers only the last bit -- but looks Camilla in the eye when he does. "Of course I will go with you."

Lucas

"Alright then. We go to the sickhouse."

You follow Camilla out of the tower building and into one of the surrounding buildings surrounding it. As you walk, Camilla continues talking about your meeting with the caillais, as she calls them. "I have visited Ferrika here before, but i did not know her daraceannan was half-Cairini. I have never met another such, though there are some who claim such lineage further in their family's past. Of course, they say all the Riallor are of part-Cairini blood, strengthened by centuries of intermarriage - and many Caillais are from the families of the Riallor. But the droiach is not unknown among common folk like us, so maybe if you go back far enough, we are sll children of the Cairini. They do say that in ancient times, the Cairini had not yet all withdrawn, and came more often among men.

"Ah, here we are." You follow her into the building, where she asks someone where to find Davin. The two of you are taken to a small room where the trader lies sleeping, a young man sitting beside him. Camilla introduces herself and asks about Davin.

"He is recovering well, though he will sleep for several more hours." The young man continues talking, from what you understand, it is a summary of the medical care he has received, though one that raises more questions for you. It sounds as though he is saying that in the time you have been talking to Liriel, one of the other caillais has "removed" the infectious agents from Davin's blood, and that all that is needed now is rest.

• "Thank you for your offer Rhugar, it is much appreciated. I am still completely at sea as to what I am going to do, everything is such a whirl in my head, knowing I have a place is very comforting."

"Things are so well run, clean and efficiently....I keep thinking to myself....oh I could apply this when I get home....I better write the tale of my coming while it is still fresh and see if your universities...I think you call them Ciorcals have any information on my journey."

"Tomorrow with the scribes then the day after...the village! Now I am going to enjoy some of that fine plumbing we looked at today."

• "Thank you for your offer Rhugar, it is much appreciated. I am still completely at sea as to what I am going to do, everything is such a whirl in my head, knowing I have a place is very comforting."

"Things are so well run, clean and efficiently....I keep thinking to myself....oh I could apply this when I get home....I better write the tale of my coming while it is still fresh and see if your universities...I think you call them Ciorcals have any information on my journey."

"Tomorrow with the scribes then the day after...the village! Now I am going to enjoy some of that fine plumbing we looked at today."

Ivy

You find your way back to your room, where someone has left not only your cleaned clothes from yesterday, but a few outfits in the local style. You select something to wear for the evening, and head to the baths.

At supper you run into Rafaella, who is happy to continue the teanga lessons - as you tell her about your tour and your thoughts about life in Banailt, or at least as much as you have seen so far.

• Ivy examines the clothes, they are soft and look to be comfortable....selecting an outfit in tones of green her favorite color with a doublet? vest of burgundy for contrast and a clean change of really soft underthings she heads off to the bath.

Luxuriating in the bath, Ivy thinks about the past week.....and all that has happened, it is hardly real, but it must be real, here she sat in a bath fed by the most wonderful low tech eco friendly plumbing system. Regretful that the bath must come to an end Ivy get out dries herself and dresses in the new togs. She could make a life here...where did that thought come from?

Off to a fine dinner Ivy looks for a familiar face. Spying Rhugar's wave waving to her, she waves back and makes her way over.

• Ivy examines the clothes, they are soft and look to be comfortable....selecting an outfit in tones of green her favorite color with a doublet? vest of burgundy for contrast and a clean change of really soft underthings she heads off to the bath.

Luxuriating in the bath, Ivy thinks about the past week.....and all that has happened, it is hardly real, but it must be real, here she sat in a bath fed by the most wonderful low tech eco friendly plumbing system. Regretful that the bath must come to an end Ivy get out dries herself and dresses in the new togs. She could make a life here...where did that thought come from?

Off to a fine dinner Ivy looks for a familiar face. Spying Rhugar's wave waving to her, she waves back and makes her way over.

Ivy

You have a pleasant dinner with Rafaella, Rhugar and his wife Abeille. After dinner they invite you and Rafealla to their quarters, which are small but comfortable. Small but efficient braziers warm the two room suite - bedroom and livingroom - and both walls and floor are covered, like the guest room you have been staying in, with mats and tapestries. The four of you spend the evening chatting, and playing a board game called dubh solis, which involves chance and skill in taking over the board. You lose, but it's fun.

In the morning, Rafaella walks you to the library on her way to more meetings, and you enter, looking around you. The room is large, with a few tables at one end where people are seated, reading, writing, or sorting through documents. The rest of the room looks much like any library you've seen, filled with shelves that are in turn filled with books - not mass produced, as you are used to, but hand-sewn volumes, some with protective covers of leather, and some without. Onr wall appears to host the castle archives, being full of pigeonholed shelves where papers and documents are shelved.

You identify someone who seems to be in charge, and introduce yourself in the Sheilig manner, showing her your letter from the Steward. She nods, and calls one of the clerks over. "Ivy n'ha Meridith, this is Dorthan mi'ha Rafael. He will record your account, and if you have need of any further assistance in making use of our library, he will assist you. I understand you speak our language but do not read or write it; if you wish to do research, he will serve as a translator to you, and help you to learn."

• (OOC: I might take a pass until SC and Carni have a chance to get in here; Lucas is currently just trailing Camilla, so nothing much to do unless something happens.)

970x250_5Tribes.png