[Announcement] Natars on S4

• random its got to be random just to give the little guys a chance like S.O.S and DBA lmao

There is more chance of me eating my foot than one of those two winning the game wherever the natars end up spawning!

• i think its a tacital war game so it should allow a wide range of tatics.
    its always been a part of the game that players make powerbases around the WW spots and that should not be changed as its there tatic.

it would be the same as allowing teutons to only raid 20 times per day.

.. No it wouldn't

It's a tactic for the end game, and the way perhaps one or two alliances play, not something which would affect everyone

Just because you're Teuton doesn't mean you won't be at a power base and the limit on raiding analogy is just plain stupid, it doesn't universally affect every player in the game to the extent of a limit on raids

Yes it is unfair for those that went into WW planning and probably should be on a new server for purposes of being mutual but for most it would be a great chance to change the way the game pans out and see people having to plan for it when they spring up - putting all villages out at the WW co-ordinates nearest isn't exactly highly tactical :rolleyes:

• no because raiding is the main tatic used for teutons.
    just like making a powerbase is the main tatic for some alliances.
    ok some do not do it JUST for the WW but it helps alot when they come.

and i think making a powerbase is very tatical.

• i agree with that.
    start it when the uk4 restarts.

and also to borg it will not give them a chance.
    all it will mean is if it spawns next to a smaller player within the first day he will have been taken out or captured.

If a person is still "small" and unallied by the end game that'll happen regardless, whenever they build a village up enough to be an attractive target

• It'll teach him a lesson about not joining the server during the end game?

what if its a player that found a 15c but was in the middle of no where.
    he goes and takes it then 2 month later the WW spawns next to him.... BOOM... bye bye player.

• no because raiding is the main tatic used for teutons.
    just like making a powerbase is the main tatic for some alliances.
    ok some do not do it JUST for the WW but it helps alot when they come.

and i think making a powerbase is very tatical.

The powerbase is tactical in the way that sending reinforcements to an ally is tactical. I'm not trying to be dismissive, just that it's the standard thing you'd expect those playing for the end game to do in the same way those who can defend an ally will. It doesn't mean it's not a good idea, and requires some co-ordination, if you're going to build the WW up and win that way but it's not highly tactical to put all villages out by WW co-ordinates, simply as you know where it'll spring up

It's tactical in the sense you're preparing for the end game and getting yourself in a position to win, but it's not tactics in the sense of using fakes and perfectly timed waves, it just seems too easy to be a tactic

• what if its a player that found a 15c but was in the middle of no where.
    he goes and takes it then 2 month later the WW spawns next to him.... BOOM... bye bye player.

Depends how good his alliance is and what he's got out there. If he's got three or if he's got ten out there the amount of incomings will flatten his defences, but, if he went out there with allies and has a good alliance reinforcing it could be quite a battle

Though speaking from a personal viewpoint I think you should always try and pick up a cropper near your main villages, not the middle of nowhere. If you're intending to extend over the other side of the map or into a deserted 7 x 7 to sim up and build for later in the game you have to expect to be challenged at some point, and it teaches the lesson of the need for getting croppers as close as possible to your push villages and previous wheaters

• The powerbase is tactical in the way that sending reinforcements to an ally is tactical. I'm not trying to be dismissive, just that it's the standard thing you'd expect those playing for the end game to do in the same way those who can defend an ally will. It doesn't mean it's not a good idea, and requires some co-ordination, if you're going to build the WW up and win that way but it's not highly tactical to put all villages out by WW co-ordinates, simply as you know where it'll spring up

It's tactical in the sense you're preparing for the end game and getting yourself in a position to win, but it's not tactics in the sense of using fakes and perfectly timed waves, it just seems too easy to be a tactic

but with any tatic you need some information before.
    its like saying to the SAS "sorry lads we can't give you any information just go out there, run about and shoot" (sorry for the bad example, first thing that came to mind)

ok its an easy tatic, but does that make it a bad one?
    also using fakes and perfectly timed waves can still be done by an alliance with a powerbase.

• but with any tatic you need some information before.
    its like saying to the SAS "sorry lads we can't give you any information just go out there, run about and shoot" (sorry for the bad example, first thing that came to mind)

ok its an easy tatic, but does that make it a bad one?
    also using fakes and perfectly timed waves can still be done by an alliance with a powerbase.

I didn't mean those at a powerbase couldn't or didn't use perfectly timed cata attacks just that it seems more of a "tactical" way to play the game. I'm probably being quite pedantic. It's just when I think tactics, especially in a game like this, I'm thinking things like the cata waves that take a bit of game knowledge and timing to be pulled off

The powerbase tactic isn't a bad one if that's your thing, it just seems like a very obvious tactic, as in, if more than one or two alliances came on from the beginning and decided to create a powerbase round the spots, it wouldn't be such a good tactic anymore. The main reason it's tactical is few want to do it. I think that's the point I was trying to make anyway, or at least thinking of

From the SAS analogy I assume you're thinking of it not being tactical to have to aim for a random spot you know nothing of beforehand, but I think that is tactical. No-ones there at the beginning and doesn't know for a while so you have to build in a way that there's players in a quadrant covering most of the 13 x 13s so there's always someone within several hours of the spot, then it's quick tactical conquers, foundings and buildings

• Random will make the game more fun and that's why I'm here.

Agreed.

With everyone being in the same boat in terms of not knowing where the WW spots will crop up, everyone's playing around the same sorts of locations, or perhaps extending to cover possible locations in a quadrant rather than all being miles away

That way those that don't care about the end game might take a greater interest in it, as there's a bigger sense of achievement having to get there quickly and establish a presence before others come in, rather than comfortably building up huge defences surrounded by allies

• Am I the only one who understood back in december that S4 was getting the new natars, because as far as I was concerned this wasn't even up for debate, S4 was having the new natars and artifacts. And anyone who didn't realise this wasn't paying attention.

• Sure it wasn't a "might be" getting the new locations and artefacts? Otherwise I don't see it would be up for a vote and the point would of been reiterated, surely

• And i do feel your pain for getting kicked out of so many alliances and not feeling wanted and had to go to your last resorts of making an alliance your self :)

Its so hard to see whos side your on some times as your so far up everyones A*S

Name one alliance I was kicked from then? :rolleyes:

Besides, that was my first server and I have learned alot but don't really care much about that server. I have much better accounts on others

• Am I the only one who understood back in december that S4 was getting the new natars, because as far as I was concerned this wasn't even up for debate, S4 was having the new natars and artifacts. And anyone who didn't realise this wasn't paying attention.

what new artifacts?

• I notice that most servers are being asked this question.

The new ones are being told it 'will be random plan accordingly'

We are being asked to vote, which indicates to me that we were not sufficiently warned.

If it was to be random we should have received the 'it will be random plan accordingly' message right back in December. As we did not it should remain fixed & be random next time.

• I voted for random Natars ................. much more fun !!!!!!!!!

• They should spawn in their usual locations, it is unfair to change such a thing since a lot of players play the game based around these locations.

If the spawn point was going to be random this should have been decided at the start of the server.

Why should unorganised alliances benifit from a change to the game that should not even be up for discussion and the organised ones get penalised?

If the spawn point is changed by a member of administration last minute like this i'm afraid i won't be back on travian in the future and i don't think i would be the only player. Disgraceful!

I'm dissapointed in Tzaeny for not considering the implications this would have on a large community of Travian players.