Major changes to the T:L Forums Discussion thread

• Hey folks

Hopefully you have read through all the HQ announcement regarding the Travian legends forum changes

I expect you will have some comments on it so please post them here. I will take any feedback to HQ.

CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

• All our current bespoke icons, ranks and emotes will go. To start with we will have whatever HQ provides but i have disxussed the possibility of bespoke user titles and icons but they are concentrating on getting the migration done for now other things will come later

CM mhudson
    Community Manager

• I think its a terrible idea

to merg all of travian onto one forum..

silly

they will be scaling down the amount of realms also soon

only 10k on the qualifier of travian tournament

Carlsberg, is a weak beer.

>.>

• I think its a terrible idea

to merg all of travian onto one forum..

I think it's all about 1 platform for the forum then there will be a tons of subforum for each antion

L'unico a far uscire i cilindri dai conigli.

Devi cambiare avatar. Secondo me è quello che ti frega. Uno vede Urahara e ignora le molte cose decenti che scrivi nei post.

FUTURO CAPO WALLACE
    2T

• The WvV recent rounds will migrate if they are less than 6 mlnths old. Older rounds will end up on the archive site

The counting game has activity in the last 6 months so will migrate

I think it's all about 1 platform for the forum then there will be a tons of subforum for each antion

As the new forum uses multi-lingualism you will only see the language areas that you subscribe to.
    English default will be UK IE if you select EN as a language and then don't select a multi-lingual sub setting you will default to the UK language forums.

So for UK: Interface English :: Multi-lingual EN-UK (Default for English interface)
    so for US: Interface English :: Multi-lingual EN-US

If you wanted to see COM and UK

Interface English :: Multi-lingual EN-UK & EN-COM

CM mhudson
    Community Manager

The post was edited 1 time, last by m.hudson ().

• So I lose my custom user title, my axeman, my rep(?), my post count goes down AND i have to deal with new/different forum software?

Sounds like a great idea for users.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tombo457 ().

• User titles and all current ranks (including EX Crew) will not be migrated.

All Rep will be lost

Signatures, avatars and profile pictures "should" be migrated

CM mhudson
    Community Manager

• You get points for new threads etc. What if some of the threads posted in the last year that's moved is yours, do you get points for those or is it a totally new start regardless?

I like the idea, might just liven up forum activity.

• You get points for new threads etc. What if some of the threads posted in the last year that's moved is yours, do you get points for those or is it a totally new start regardless?

As i understand it you wont get points unless someone likes your posts after they are migrated

CM mhudson
    Community Manager

• It just feels like all the contributions to the forum and the community that we've made up until this will be pointless with none of it being carried across. Might as well not have bothered with any of it.

Exactly how I feel.

• Or... can see it as and opportunity to make new threads, guides etc knowing it will be appreciated due to a distinct lack of them :)
    Being the owner of quite a few sucessful guides I can say that I personally see this as an opportunity to create even more and even better guides, knowing there will be a real need for them.

Just a clarification, everything that is moved is counted in the user profile. If they have one thread created by them in the current forum and that thread is moved, they will have post count: 1 and activity point: 10 (for example). So everything moved counts for their personal statistics!

If your post/thread is not moved due to the migration cut off limits then you wont receive a postcount or activity point for it of course.

CM mhudson
    Community Manager