New forum feedback and sugestions

• In game worlds area and sub forums you can filter by individual tagged threads (providing they are tagged) using the sidebar selector

This only works for individual game worlds, there is currently no way to select multiple tags

CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

• To: CM Hudson, thank you for your hard work in making sure threads would migrate and preparing us the best you could.

TO: Travian HeadQuarters, what were you thinking? You have made the forums a nightmare to use. The reason there were sub-forum with in the forums was for ease of use. Please get the sub-forum ability back up, currently it is a giant mess that is frankly alienating your customers. And give us the option of having a green based forum again....I loved loved loved the old forums with their green.

Changing the forums, changing the Travian skin, which did not need changing (that does not work as it should) all at once is too much bad stuff coming all at once. The change that is needed is for Travian to upgrade to work better on mobile devices, most players play at least part time on an mobile device, your new skin has just locked all those people out....

Stop chasing your customers away, we actually like this game, but YOU are making it nigh impossible to play.

Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

|| This area intentionally left blank. ||
    Our Lady of Croppers
    ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

• I generally like the new color scheme. However the visuals of the forum are less important (so long as things are readable) than being functional. I have an interest in seeing content from across the English Travian domains, mostly to see how the others react to Travian changes but also to see if they post any useful suggestions or guides.

HQ's decision to rely solely on tags to organize posts among the domains in the various primary sections of the forum make the forum dysfunctional. The amount of content is overwhelming in those sections. Sure I can apply a filter but the filter isn't saved for future use, so each time I return I need to add the filter again. Dumping in everything works for those limiting themselves to a single global language filter but anyone interested in multiple languages and servers will find themselves quickly overwhelmed in content. The filters can help but also serve as barriers to finding the best content, as things could be missed with the filters active.

More sub-forums are necessary to provide a better base level of organization. HQ has oversimplified our complex community. Do we need as many as there were on the old forum? No I don't think so. But at the very LEAST each domain should have its own politics & diplomacy sub-forum. Then players can filter by server.

I don't really look through mafia etc. but I suspect at least Mafia requires its own sub-forum in the Tavern as well.

One thing that bugged me on the old forum remains here as well, the Hall of Fame feels relegated to the backwaters of the forum. I feel like the Hall of Fame should be given more prominence and more effort in maintaining and expanding its content. Obviously that will be hard with many of those servers being far in the past, but it doesn't mean we can't put more effort in highlighting the best among us going forward.

I have more thoughts but I think this is enough for now. Though I will part with one final thought, given the forum design it might be advantageous to create a top level "language" for certain posts. Since I have all the English languages on, I see all the same announcements etc. repeated. My suggestion would be if possible to create it so that only certain staff can use it but have it be visible to all English language users. Of course the easiest way to get around that is to officially merge all the English domains but I suspect there would be a lot of push-back from the community and definitely goes beyond the scope of this thread.

• Thank you Blackblade for your balanced feedback. I have sent the entire content to HQ as part of our feedback system

CM mhudson
    Community Manager

• This only works for individual game worlds, there is currently no way to select multiple tags

Yes, this is what I was asking about. I would like to be able to customize. Some servers are much more popular than other servers and I don't want to have to sift thru several threads, or keep filtering the two or three servers I do play, just to find a new post I want to read.

s4r2 - ABT * s4r3 - AXE * s4r4 - ROAR * s5r3 - Pack * ROA - L&E * ROA2X - SI * F&S - Mean Girls * F&S3X - Mean Girls 2

• Looks like your sig also broke :(
    Edit: Ahh you noticed that as i was typing

So editing my signature was a pain. To start, I couldn't actually edit what I already had, only make a new one. That seems to be related to the way they were transferred from the old forum, since now that I made a new one (saved copy from old forum) I can edit it.
    The bigger pain was the 500 character limit. While my signature looks fairly small, it's full of links, so it's bigger than it appears. But the ultimate problem was the table. It turns out tables are allowed, just with fewer options than the old forums. But turning my signature into a table ballooned it from ~420 characters to ~590 characters. Ultimately i had to give up the formatting to fit under the limit.

• Yes, this is what I was asking about. I would like to be able to customize. Some servers are much more popular than other servers and I don't want to have to sift thru several threads, or keep filtering the two or three servers I do play, just to find a new post I want to read.

This might be a way to help sort without creating more sub domains in politics and diplomacy. I'm not sure there is a perfect answer, just that something more needs to be done for those of us looking at a deluge of posts.

To expand on my earlier point, the only areas I'm interested in more than the US domain are areas like the guides and general discussion. If I could more narrowly select multiple servers in sections like Politics and Diplomacy but keep the overall domain view for the others that would help. Again that solution would be the more complex route to implement I suspect. Even if we took the step of merging all the domains that would retain the problem of politics and diplomacy being a disaster. Multiple server selection is a MUST addition to the filter no matter what.

A possible solution could be the designation of certain areas as "global community sections". For instance all posts in the Tavern could be under the English (COM) designation, as well as General Discussion and forums like them. That combined with the ability for multiple (ideally with the ability to set it permanently from User Settings) server filters would make the Politics and Diplomacy type areas manageable for those of us with multiple language domains selected. This would allow the retention of the various English domain communities, while making the forum easier to navigate.

• I like the new look and I like the thumbs up or down on each post and that you can see who clicked on it. I'm not a fan of all the servers being lumped into one, even with the ability we have to search for tags. I never tag my posts and some [read:ME] will invariably forget and that can get messy, especially if they play more than one server at a time as I do. Having separate subforums helps to keep it organized and clear. I don't think the tags will be enough in my little opinion.

• So editing my signature was a pain. To start, I couldn't actually edit what I already had, only make a new one. That seems to be related to the way they were transferred from the old forum, since now that I made a new one (saved copy from old forum) I can edit it.The bigger pain was the 500 character limit. While my signature looks fairly small, it's full of links, so it's bigger than it appears. But the ultimate problem was the table. It turns out tables are allowed, just with fewer options than the old forums. But turning my signature into a table ballooned it from ~420 characters to ~590 characters. Ultimately i had to give up the formatting to fit under the limit.

The limits are set by HQ as community managers we no longer have the ability to manage anything other than basic users and posts. I doubt they will increase since that was always the limit under the international rules, we just had the option to enforce it or not before.

This might be a way to help sort without creating more sub domains in politics and diplomacy. I'm not sure there is a perfect answer, just that something more needs to be done for those of us looking at a deluge of posts.
    To expand on my earlier point, the only areas I'm interested in more than the US domain are areas like the guides and general discussion. If I could more narrowly select multiple servers in sections like Politics and Diplomacy but keep the overall domain view for the others that would help. Again that solution would be the more complex route to implement I suspect. Even if we took the step of merging all the domains that would retain the problem of politics and diplomacy being a disaster. Multiple server selection is a MUST addition to the filter no matter what.

A possible solution could be the designation of certain areas as "global community sections". For instance all posts in the Tavern could be under the English (COM) designation, as well as General Discussion and forums like them. That combined with the ability for multiple (ideally with the ability to set it permanently from User Settings) server filters would make the Politics and Diplomacy type areas manageable for those of us with multiple language domains selected. This would allow the retention of the various English domain communities, while making the forum easier to navigate.

I have passed the suggestion to HQ for multi choice tags. I suspect the response to global community areas would just to close all the regional English domains and merge everything into com and i dont think that would be the sollution.

I like the new look and I like the thumbs up or down on each post and that you can see who clicked on it. I'm not a fan of all the servers being lumped into one, even with the ability we have to search for tags. I never tag my posts and some [read:ME] will invariably forget and that can get messy, especially if they play more than one server at a time as I do. Having separate subforums helps to keep it organized and clear. I don't think the tags will be enough in my little opinion.

Im glad you like the new like/dislike system. I personally agree with your comments on all the servers being thrown together and am thinking of ways to try to make things easier within the constraints set by HQ

CM mhudson
    Community Manager

• Oh my.

What can I say? I do like the default colour scheme, it's nice and readable.

General layout I'm neutral on, I will probably get used to it.

But... And I know this one thing I'm going to mention is beyond your control, mhudson, and that as you've said, this is a decision from the top that they are apparently quite attached to, but I figure that the more complaints you can forward/refer to, the more there may be a chance if getting something done.

Not having subforums is the absolute worst decision imaginable.

Having subforums for the different game worlds is very important. Maybe it's not lije this in other domains, but people here tend to identify with the servers they play and to form communities with others who play those servers. This leads to each server having a slightly different culture, and that's a plus. Having subforums not only helps to preserve these subcultures - and note that the membership of these is fluid, people play on different servers because they are different cultures with a different core of players - but it slso makes it so much easier to sort out which threads are of interest to you because they are about a server you are currently playing. I have no interest in sorting through threads devoted to s2 or s4, i'm only playing s3 and, for now, the beta. It wastes my tine and distracts my ficus and it really annoys me.

We also need subforums in the tavern - at the very least, to separate gaming threads (mafia, rpg) from discussion threads. Because sone folks will go to the tavern for the games, and some for the discussions, and won't want to slog through a long list of things that they don't want to find the things they do. And even those like me who participate in both, find it easier to navigate when everything in one section is the same kind of thing.

Being able to have subforums is something that will make it easier for those using these forums to do so in a way that they feel is somewhat customised for them - it shows them where the kinds of threads they want to read can be found - and will probably go a long way toward making the users of the 'US" area of the forum happier. Maybe some of the folks in other language sections would like it to, if it were implemented.

And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

• Here's a Joke I was just told that none of Travian Legends servers support mobile use.

I guess no one told them there is a mobile app in the google web store .... from Travian

Just starting some Propaganda
    Dont mind Me

• Nither of the tolerated Travian:legends apps (travile and travmobile) are developed or supported by TravianGames. They are both produced by third partys

CM mhudson
    Community Manager

• Here's a Joke I was just told that none of Travian Legends servers support mobile use.

I guess no one told them there is a mobile app in the google web store .... from Travian

what do you mean by support mobile use?

I always play on my phone (75% of total time) and have no issue.

COM1- Foleys Folly

US1- Chef Follardi

US3- Folito Lopez

• mobile is provided as is

IE if it doesnt work they wont prioritise fixing it

CM mhudson
    Community Manager

• mobile is provided as is

IE if it doesnt work they wont prioritise fixing it

Hey ... thats bad. I tried to access the forums through mobile from the travian.com page and it was impossible. You guys have already lost a huge fan following. Dont make this to be the same.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• you no longer support mobile, your new format is not supported on many browsers and we mention this things we get wise ass answers from some punk who calls himself a "Community Manager".

Chrome, Firefox and even Edge work perfectly. So there's "many browsers" that work perfectly.
    The responsive design DOES need tweaking, but that's why it is only implemented on .com, AND is still in testing. (Sometimes you gotta live test).

Also, all things that were raised before your rant were specifically mentioned before the merge.

• Not having subforums is the absolute worst decision imaginable.

Having subforums for the different game worlds is very important. Maybe it's not like this in other domains, but people here tend to identify with the servers they play and to form communities with others who play those servers. This leads to each server having a slightly different culture, and that's a plus.

As I identify with your suggestion, I also acknowledge that the roster of servers is different for all domains.
    For US the current load might be TS1, TS3, TS4, TS20, TSx.
    And for NL it might be TS1, TS2, TS5, TS6, TS19, TSx.
    And for JP it might even be TS2, TS3, TS4, TS7, TS8, TSx.

As for Tavern sub-fora it's even worse.
    on .NL we don't play Mafia, and on .US we don't play Werewolves of Miller's Hollow or Caption the Picture.
    Should all games deserve a sub-forum? Even though it's not used for certain domains?

Or should we go for the TG team layout? With all domains listed below the forums?

So unless we can request a sub-forum for a specific domain (tag a sub-forum with domain language so it's only visible for that domain) I don't see having sub-forums be anything better.

• Chrome, Firefox and even Edge work perfectly. So there's "many browsers" that work perfectly.The responsive design DOES need tweaking, but that's why it is only implemented on .com, AND is still in testing. (Sometimes you gotta live test).

Also, all things that were raised before your rant were specifically mentioned before the merge. So, I don't know what your problem is, but you'd better ask a cream for it.

I can't imagine being rude solves anything here. I believe the bigger issue is not things that were or were not mentioned before the merge (especially since things that were mentioned sounded one way and turned out another), but the fact that we need a system that works with how players play (on phones, on safari, etc). If a game company makes it hard for people to play their game or engage with their community, people will not invest their free time and spending money to do so. I was impressed with the information given prior to the merger, and felt very comfortable with what the changes were going to be. Imagine my disappointment when those changes were rolled out not as described, and to the detriment of our .us community (and beyond.)

• I can't imagine being rude solves anything here. I believe the bigger issue is not things that were or were not mentioned before the merge (especially since things that were mentioned sounded one way and turned out another), but the fact that we need a system that works with how players play (on phones, on safari, etc). If a game company makes it hard for people to play their game or engage with their community, people will not invest their free time and spending money to do so. I was impressed with the information given prior to the merger, and felt very comfortable with what the changes were going to be. Imagine my disappointment when those changes were rolled out not as described, and to the detriment of our .us community (and beyond.)

True, but that is not relevant in THIS section, as it is for the Game Suggestion sub-forum.
    This thread is purely for the new forum, not for the game.