New forum feedback and sugestions

• KoN (S5) TLDR (S3), CIN & PAN (tournie)

• Or should we go for the TG team layout? With all domains listed below the forums?

Can we?

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

• True, but that is not relevant in THIS section, as it is for the Game Suggestion sub-forum.This thread is purely for the new forum, not for the game.

I think you misunderstood, or I was unclear.
    The community effects the game, and players will stop playing because of the problems with the forum merger. Even if they don't stop right away, without a strong community, they will lose interest.
    I have played servers I did not intend to play because of forum posts. I doubt very much, with the forums the mess that they are, I will continue to look at them.

• Chrome, Firefox and even Edge work perfectly. So there's "many browsers" that work perfectly.The responsive design DOES need tweaking, but that's why it is only implemented on .com, AND is still in testing. (Sometimes you gotta live test).

Also, all things that were raised before your rant were specifically mentioned before the merge. So, I don't know what your problem is, but you'd better ask a cream for it.

First off, CM Hudson has been nothing but helpful where he could be helpful. His powers are severely limited and has zero say about how the forum was set up, he simply has to try to make it work with the very few tools granted to him. Your ire should be directed at Travian Headquarters, not at the guy on the pavement trying to make a go of it.

Muchacho, the folks on the US forums were not told that their accounts and posts would all vanish when the US forum was migrated, they were told by headquarter folk that all accounts sharing the same email would be merged....instead what happen was .com was transferred first and any accounts on other domains that shared the same email were deleted. What this process shows is how little Travian cares for their customers. Perhaps Lost and Found has found he cannot get on to the forum through firefox because the new skin does not work at all on firefox. Beta servers is where these kinks should get worked out first....not foisted on your paying customers who then get told by people like you lump it!

Our problem is a company who is unfeeling and unresponsive to its customers.

Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

|| This area intentionally left blank. ||
    Our Lady of Croppers
    ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

• Quoting on the forum is going to get very messy.
    Why does it auto-include previous quotes in quoted posts?

I miss my option of having BB code enabled automatically. :(

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

• In the former US forum, there was a subforum for US every server, whether it was currently in use or not. I imagine one could have a list of subforums that included every number in use, and one would only look in the subforums that are are relevant to your play. I'm not in the best position to offer solutions, as I'm still discovering how this new forum works, but surely there is a way to do something that allows one to just look at the posts that are relevant to the servers one is playing.

As for games, i'm not suggesting a subforum for every game, but two subforums, one for games, and one for discussion. Broad categories.

And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

• I've just checked out the new forum for the first time. And I'm outraged. Before I start ranting about that, I want to thank CH Hudson for all he has tried to do to make this work. He's stuck in a hard place between the members and the Travian masters that commanded this be done.
    Point 1: We were told, repeatedly, that all active forum accounts would get moved over and merged if they had the same e-mail associated with them. Not true.
    Point 2: We were told that active threads would get moved over. Again. Not true. Corollary: I assumed that locked threads like the Guides section would get looked at and moved over as active threads. Again, not true. This will negate the possibility of new players learning anything useful from them like I did when I started.
    Point 3: It seems very difficult to navigate this forum to find wanted threads. I am not a programmer. Nor a computer nerd. I refuse to use filters every single time I want to find something. I do not feel that this forum should be as difficult to navigate as it is.
    Point 4: Either the developers that made this forum, or the managers that demanded the features involved are incompetent. This change breaks all the standards for such forums. The basic structure is difficult to navigate. Making an easy to read forum structure should have been task one in this large and difficult enterprise. It obviously was no more than an afterthought. Then we can move onto the migration of info from the earlier forums. This is one of the worst examples of that I have ever seen. promises about that were made and not kept. Probably in good faith from those that made them. Our threads are not here and if they were, they'd be lost in the morass you've made of this forum.Our tools are not here any more. Not from any of the forums. And they would likewise be lost.
    Heck, I had to have someone show me this thread since the forum discussion area is EMPTY!
    Travian HQ has made this forum an unusable mess. And all the responses from them that I have seen basically translate to "We don't care" and "our customer's concerns just do not matter to us". I'm sure I'll be dismissed as a n00b that has little experience with Travian forums. But that's your fault, too. My thousands of threads are gone like they never existed. Only to "sometime might be brought over in a dead threads archive".
    If there is not a massive change to this forum, it is useless to me and to the vast majority of your customers.

Excel

• @zenny_US, I can understand your strife with the forums.
    However, my initial response was to your rant about the game itself.... but only .com domain has a new game layout that does not sit well with mobile users. And the rant is filled 50% with lies. So to break it down:
    A. You rant about the game not working with "many browsers" (false: all conventional browsers work fine, only a small issue with Firefox. But that is the problem of Firefox)
    B. You rant about the game not being mobile friendly on the .US forum (false, .us domain works perfectly on mobile)
    C. You rant about the game, in the section saved for the Forum... (wrong section)
    D. You trash talk a CM for all this, who has nothing to do with any of his problems. (m.hudson can fend for himself, but you need to re-evaluate your perspective)

• Our server starts in 13 days.

So no, the changes that the com server are going through WILL affect a large percentage of us as well. Agreed on the wrong place for the comment. Seriously, though....there IS not right place for that comment right now. BECAUSE the forum is a failure.

KoN (S5) TLDR (S3), CIN & PAN (tournie)

• Actually, the forum doesn't display right for mobile users either.

I agree the person you were replying to was kind of being a jerk, but I would expect you to not be defensive or snippy in response. It looks bad.

Sorry for not quoting, it just wasn't worth it.

• News flash

A. FireFox is a conventional browser, the new skin does not work at all. Players do not care if it is your fault or FF.....we only care that you fix it. Normal companies actually work to make sure their games work on all of the conventional browsers
    B. The game is not mobile friendly, it is mobile usable, but not mobile friendly. Instead of wasting time and money to make an ugly new skin, they should have spent the resources on making the game truly mobile friendly.
    C. This forum is so confusing and difficult to navigate through, you as a representative of Travian should be helping people not scolding.
    D. I have seen very little trash talk about the CM.....Travian HQ needs to hear and understand that what they are doing is wrong and how disgruntled people are with this new turn of events.

We know whose fault this morass is. It is Travian Headquarter's.

Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

|| This area intentionally left blank. ||
    Our Lady of Croppers
    ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

• OK, I'm totally confused now. I now get that I'm only the .com forum user (which is fricken hilarious if you know my history on that!). But, I can't work out how to get anywhere. Before I logged in, the latest posts section showed the usual suspects. Posts from TB, Scare, Blaze and Floss among others. Including this thread. I finally log in and work out I'm the .com version, can't find any forum relating to the .us stuff and can't even navigate to this page. I had to go back to a different browser, not logged in and copy the url in to get here....
    I get that this is all going to be confusing, but is there any easy instruction to find the stuff I want to see and not all the other server stuff? Can someone give me Mafia tread links, etc so I can pin them (if I can...).

There are gods and goddesses. I stand before you as proof.

• Actually, I'm the .au user... hmm.. Oh well, that's better anyway. But still, links, suggestions anyone?

• OK, I'm totally confused now. I now get that I'm only the .com forum user (which is fricken hilarious if you know my history on that!). But, I can't work out how to get anywhere. Before I logged in, the latest posts section showed the usual suspects. Posts from TB, Scare, Blaze and Floss among others. Including this thread. I finally log in and work out I'm the .com version, can't find any forum relating to the .us stuff and can't even navigate to this page. I had to go back to a different browser, not logged in and copy the url in to get here....
    I get that this is all going to be confusing, but is there any easy instruction to find the stuff I want to see and not all the other server stuff? Can someone give me Mafia tread links, etc so I can pin them (if I can...).

I think you have to go into your language settings and enable all the English ones. I asked m.Hudson to let me cross-list mafia on multiple, but since that sentence started with "can I..." the answer was "no."

TB's New Forum Mafia Signups

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

• Rok, skype me and I'll run through what I can to help you out.
    It'll be easier there...

Jonothan Crane wrote:

• I'm on Firefox and it's working for me?

Anyways, I'd like to add my voice to those who would appreciate having subforums for each specific server and for mafia—or at least being more specific.

Agree with Travian being mobile usable but not mobile friendly—I flat out refuse to use Travian on mobile since it is so difficult.

Also in agreement with many of other members of the community with regards to issues brought up, confused at the reaction of some of the Travian representatives although I am quite appreciative of Hudson (who is fantastic as always). They've stated the problems much more eloquently that I could so I won't attempt to compete with them.

• The quotes with all the former quotes make it pretty confusing to keep track.

Also the signatures blend into the conversation so its hard to differentiate the crap from the message.

COM1- Foleys Folly

US1- Chef Follardi

US3- Folito Lopez

• Thanks SC. I would, but... I can't remember my skype password. I'll get some work done and PM you a different skype ID later if I can't recover this one (yes I DO use a PW manager, but something weird happened with all the skype entries...)

• Thanks SC. I would, but... I can't remember my skype password. I'll get some work done and PM you a different skype ID later if I can't recover this one (yes I DO use a PW manager, but something weird happened with all the skype entries...)

Don't worry about skype -- you should join Discord, though ^^

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

• I miss the color green :p

Also, Why some people have the USERNAME_CC (cc = country code) and some people don't?

Avicenna wrote:

That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.

Rumi wrote:

What you are seeking is also seeking you.