New forum feedback and sugestions

• The new theme has had a noticeable impact on the load time of the forums for me.

I DO however like the colour scheme as it is easy on the eyes.

It's almost as easy on the eyes as the previous dark theme, but with a huge plus: no more "empty posts" because users manually added the color tag for black text, and I had to select the entire post to be able to read it :thumbsup:

• Why can't I delete my own posts? The laggy nature of the new forum made me double post, and now I can't delete the second copy...

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

• Is there any way to privately send a message to a moderator?

I was thinking that a thread currently in the Tavern section - Travian poetry corner - actually belonged in Fan Art - but I can't figure out how to contact a moderator and ask that the thread be moved.

Am I missing something incredibly obvious?

Actually, this leads to another question - is there a list of moderators and their areas of responsibility anywhere? Because if it is possible to contact a moderator to ask for assistance, it would be a good thing if one knew which was the appropriate moderator to contact.

And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

• https://wbb.forum.travian.com/conversation-add/

Here it is.

Bilmem tecelli mi yoksa ki kader
    Beni bir vefâsız yârâ yazmışlar

ArTeS
    Retired Forum Administrator
    Travian Team
    artes@travianteam.com

• In addition to the link provided if you navigate to "Conversations" located in the menu on the top left and click the + sign it does the same thing.

• Thanks, ArTeS. But where is that link located? If i want to contact someone, instead of trying to remember that you posted a link here, where do I go to get that screen?

Also, is there any way of finding out who the moderators are and what areas they oversee? Or do all moderators monitor all sections now?

And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

• there any way of finding out who the moderators are and what areas they oversee? Or do all moderators monitor all sections now?

Thanks, ArTeS. But where is that link located? If i want to contact someone, instead of trying to remember that you posted a link here, where do I go to get that screen?

Also, is there any way of finding out who the moderators are and what areas they oversee? Or do all moderators monitor all sections now?

BlackBlade answered it deeply. (I'm at work now and can't waste time so much, this was the reason that I cut it short)

https://wbb.forum.travian.com/team/ are the mods and cms.

all moderators monitor all sections now? -> It depends on which languages are set to be displayed. But each team member belongs to at least one community. This means, they are responsible from their community and forums/threads primarily.

Bilmem tecelli mi yoksa ki kader
    Beni bir vefâsız yârâ yazmışlar

ArTeS
    Retired Forum Administrator
    Travian Team
    artes@travianteam.com

The post was edited 3 times, last by ArTeS ().

• Thank you to both Sove and Artes for your answers.

I must clarify however that neither of them are employed on UK or US domains so are not answering in official capacity

CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

• You can go to a moderator's profile and click the "Create Conversation" button. It replaces the PM functionality of vBulletin.

Staff members are listed here: wbb.forum.travian.com/team/

Unfortunately there is no easy way to see who moderates in which language, so your best bet is to just look at where moderators are posting in. The other way is to check their profiles. The local CM may have also posted a list of all staff members under their domain.

This is a private account and messages posted from this account are of my own personal stance and do not represent Traviangames in any way. / Tämä on yksityistili ja edustaa vain omaa kantaani, viestit tältä tililtä eivät edusta Traviangamesin kantaa millään tavalla.

• Thank you, everyone who answered my questions. I am finding navigation difficult and confusing, but I think I've figured out where to go to start a 'conversation' in the future.

• So I'm confused that it says I created this account last year instead of 2008. I understand COM accounts superseded US accounts but is there a way to fix that?

COM1- Foleys Folly

US1- Chef Follardi

US3- Folito Lopez

• Hey Woden,
    TG Corporate rules for the forum is absolutely no discussion of real-world politics. Any previous leeway is no longer available to be given. I know that some of the conversations previously were reasonable (not all were, by a longshot <GRIN>), but they are not allowed any longer.

~f

Finally! Now cofc and Blazin can shut up for good.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• Finally! Now cofc and Blazin can shut up for good.

Everybody would be forcefully shutted up for good in some kinds of discussions, like politics and hate speeches!

Maybe now we can't even have an option in pools saying your/someone's mom!

Avicenna wrote:

That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.

Rumi wrote:

What you are seeking is also seeking you.

• Well, I do agree that not allowing us to discuss about real life politics is not a good idea. But recently, every political debate starts with cofc or Blazin bashing/insulting people for not agreeing with them. So, I do think this decision was for the better. Plus, as Matt pointed out, this is not reddit.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

• Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing them, too. A thread I posted yesterday seems to have disappeared into the ether without any notice to me, and I didn't put anything particularly objectionable in it, so I'm wondering if there were some significant rule changes that I'm unaware of.
    Edit: Nevermind, I see the warning now. So apparently we aren't supposed to discuss real-world politics at all on here anymore.

Edit again: Yeah, the "Community Guidelines and Team Information" (which is where I would certainly expect to find the rules) has no threads visible to me.

I get that the moderators don't want the rules to be broken but it's kind of hard for posters to do that when the posters don't know what the rules are...

• I get that the moderators don't want the rules to be broken but it's kind of hard for posters to do that when the posters don't know what the rules are...

Well, lets give the mods/HQ some time to put the rules together. They did make a huge change so they might be busy. Until then, lets go with the trial and error method. Post whatever you want to post and if it is against the rules, I'm sure Matt would send you a PM right away.