So... Forum makeover?

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • So it seems like there was a big forum overhaul including a forum metamerger.

Good to see that my account made it, but...

It looks like talk and play general threads survived, several from COM at least.

Anyhow I clearly missed the memo (I logged in shortly after the forums went down apparently) so here's what I'm wondering:

I read in the New Forum FAQ that there is an archive in the works, and I do see one currently. Is it incomplete or is that all that was saved?

Shame about PMs not surviving, though I don't recall keeping anything too important in mine. Not that I'll know for sure anymore, lol.

Guess that's what inactivity results in I suppose, karma and all that.

"SUUM TANTUM A PULPA VULNUS"-footman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A message for Ramrod: Don't reproduce, ever.

sharpy wrote:

To REDSHEILD, if he happens to see this: I suppose I am a Grammar N*zi at heart.

<(-_-)><(@-@)><(o.0)> <dragons.

Post was edited 1 time, last by REDSHEILD ().

• Hey RED!

I was mucking around in the archives for a bit but they don't seem to allow searching; since all of our stuff was fairly dead by the time the forum rebooted, it's probably buried with all the other 5 million old posts in the database (from every other travian.xx forum domain). I surmise that all the stickies from our forum got lovingly ported as regular threads -- which actually freaked me out for a moment because I thought Flut was back! -- but I haven't been able to find SE or anything else (mostly for lack of trying).

Good to see you around man.

• There is an "archive section" but the forum is still in a bit of a flux.

I can say that everything from the old .COM forum is in one place and not mixed up with any other domains.

So when they do get all the dust sorted out you will be able to see and read only the archives for users.

If anything of importance is needed to be revived then I can look into stuff like that.

For now though there is still a lot going on behind the scene so better to let that get all completed.

:)

• After a quick look, it looks like the COM RPG section wasn't included in the currently hosted archive.

Templar, if you could check if that section was archived?

From the looks of it, the archives definitely seem incomplete. US doesn't have any threads at all, even.

I of course understand that this is a work in progress.

Thank you for your time and notice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sharpy wrote:

To REDSHEILD, if he happens to see this: I suppose I am a Grammar N*zi at heart.

• All those sections did get moved over. What did happen is that they did not maintain the thread structure. So everything in archive is like a big ball of twine.

It will take a bit to get it sorted out but eventually we will get there.

I know the rpg section was moved and we will get that arranged again.

It is dusty as we continue our work.

:)

• That's great news.

Thank you very much for checking. I look forward to when the archives are sorted and working.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sharpy wrote:

• hey Red. I wonder if you remember me :p

When did this makeover happen? I can't get my old account back can I :/

• I had some fun PMs but I wouldn't call them gold.

Don't know why 'CToW' and 'Listening to' threads are stickied of all things lol. Weren't there forum or section rules stickied before? Not like I ever clicked them.

Will definitely need sections, particularly a General section equivalent so that people can avoid political stuff and still play games ...and I thought we were making progress getting the Dump and Talk & Play back! 'FUN & MORE'... blegh! Also the &s look ugly.

We always wanted these modern forum features such as Likes and Points. However, Dislikes and knowing your Profile Visitors is pretty bad. Not like I can imagine taking integral parts like that out but I protest regardless.

A nitpick but I wish we could have a green/white style :(

"- We will move all the forum accounts that were accessed at least once in the past 365 days." Lost a lot of legend accounts. Not like they'll ever come back but it was nice to look back.

"- All warnings and a possible temporary punishment history will be gone; it’s a fresh start, so make sure you profit from this chance. " What about permanents and infractions? I can't find where to check my own.

"One forum to rule them all! How does this work?
    It’s pretty easy: Once the forum was merged your account will be assigned to your community inside the new forum and you will see the posts of that community. You can go to your profile and change your settings to add more languages and see the posts of more communities. If you have more languages activated when you start a new thread, you will be able to choose in which community you want to write by selecting the language/domain in a drop-down menu." This is actually an awesome feature, has the 'potential' to liven things up.

EDIT: No minimum character count on posts? CToW's going to look cleaner than ever!

Post was edited 1 time, last by Pantsalot ().

• "- All warnings and a possible temporary punishment history will be gone; it’s a fresh start, so make sure you profit from this chance. " What about permanents and infractions? I can't find where to check my own.

Once the forum was merged then any existing infractions or warnings were eliminated.
    Permanent bans of course did not make the move with us.

• Yay, mine were years old anyway so you'd think I'd have learnt by now

haaaaaai Pants!

Hi indeed, sorry I'm so absent. With these changes I'll try coming daily again.

• Someone PMed me before about being online at the same time and just unload posts into CToW, which is what I did in the early days anyway. However since our PMs no longer exist then I don't know who it was...

• I do recognise your name but not much else, sorry! :X

Hello and welcome back