efficient time to take initial oases

📝Farewell to Forums📝

The forum is currently in read-only mode that will last till July 07th, 2021.

You will find news and all relevant information about the game in our Travian: Legends blog.
For live conversations and interaction with the community join us in official Travian: Legends Discord server.
  • when? so for MC15 its suggested to take first 50 % oasis after some wheat fields on 7 and 8 but those oases has huge defense from nature. weakest one is 70 rats, 50 snakes, 30 crocodiles and 20 tigers. that would result in big res loses if I tried to take it right now because I would have to build hudreds of EIs or imperians and still lose a lot of units. my current production is 6k wheat / hr. thats huge investement for such small boost

how do people do it?

• Buy enough cages and maybe sacrifice your hero once.

based on kirilloid warsim my hero at level 5-6 with all points in offense would kill only few animals on his own. with items bit more. cages are quite expensive in the early stages of game

• Hero Mansion is also not very cheap and its cost should be considered.

I'm working on a calculator for comparing of ROI for fields/factories and hero mansion, but it's hard to take resource cost of the army into account in a clever way.

It seems that there will be a simple text input for total troops cost and calculating resource losses would need to be performed separately in combat simulator.

️️

• I'm working on a calculator for comparing of ROI for fields/factories and hero mansion, but it's hard to take resource cost of the army into account in a clever way.

I believe most people use this one:

cropcalcT44.html

And indeed, that doesn't account for calculating losses clearing oasis. Don't really think it's that meaningfull/necesarry to include though.

• Nice calc. I mean, interface is not super-beautiful, but it's clean and highlighting with bold is really aptly put.
    What is missing is non-crop and mixed oases. Also I'd collapse multiple lines like: "Step 1:Upgrade a crop field to level 1."
    On top of that I want to add waterworks.

And of course, one site to rule them all so I'm going to create it anyway )

Rough estimations show that army loss costs are definitely < 100k, and Hero Mansion levels 1–10 costs > 1000k, so yes, we can ignore army loss costs.

️️

• Nice calc. I mean, interface is not super-beautiful, but it's clean and highlighting with bold is really aptly put.
    What is missing is non-crop and mixed oases. Also I'd collapse multiple lines like: "Step 1:Upgrade a crop field to level 1."
    On top of that I want to add waterworks.

And of course, one site to rule them all so I'm going to create it anyway )

Rough estimations show that army loss costs are definitely < 100k, and Hero Mansion levels 1–10 costs > 1000k, so yes, we can ignore army loss costs.

Would be nice with other fields too, for 9c/6c. Doesn't matter too much for 15c ofc :p And yep, waterworks is ofc not included, don't think the calc will be updated.

Please, do go ahead :D All your tools are very useful, and adding more functionality to your site is welcome ;)