Hero adventures-3: Journey to Egypt - Day 4

• 9 to the oldest son
    • 6 to the next in line
    • 2 to the youngest
  • Will write the ratios as fractions and bring them to the same denominator.
    Therefore:
    1/2, 1/3 and 1/9 will become 9/18, 6/18 and 3/18. If we add them up, the total is 17/18. 17 is the number of horses, so we should keep the ratios and apply them to horse count.

So, keeping the proportions, the oldest gets 9, the next will get 6 and the youngest will get 3 horses.

• I borrow my horse to the brothers, than I have 18 horses.

Now I give 1/2 from the horses to the oldest brother (9), 1/3 (6) to the next in line, and 1/9 (2) to the youngest brother. 9+6+2=17. I take my horse back - and everyone is happy!

79270bbef8675b2ce924b5eef65f97a4.png

...und Tschüss!

• they should pretend that their father intended to leave them with 18 horses and each gets 9,6 and 2 horses and that's' 17 total.
    or divide 17 as per his order and round them off. that gives them each 9,6 and 2.
    the way i like is to add one imaginary horse which will magically disappear after they have done sharing them (and not be taken by any of them) to 17 and each gets 9,6 and 2.

Post was edited 2 times, last by onionking ().

• Give to the eldest son 9 horses, then the next in line 6 horses, and to the youngest brother 2 horse, and it will be exactly 17 horses divided up like the will said

• Mark will lend them one more horse so the number will be 18
    Then the oldest brother got 1/2 of 18 = 9 horses,
    the middle brother got 1/3 of 18 = 6 horses,
    and the youngest brother got 1/9 of 18 = 2 horse.
    Since 9+6+2 = 17.

The horses divided as his father will, and then Mark can takehis horse back

• i will say
    9 for the oldest son,
    6 for the next in line
    2 for the youngest brother

Vieux joueur : [Moule à gaufre / Crousti] - [Butterfly_ / Crousti] - [Timos / Tyrans™] - [Timos / TEUTATES] -
    [Fearless /®ARTIST©] - [Albus001 /TTF] - [Oromis-elda / VTL-Weed]

• [Eldest son = 9] [Middle son = 6] [Youngest son = 2] TOTAL = 17

• The eldest son gets 9 horses, which is slightly more than half.
    The next in line gets 6 horses, which is slightly more than 1/3.
    The youngest son gets 2 horses, which is slightly more than 1/9th.

All sons will get at least what their father wanted for them.

• sharing of 17 horses can be done by lending them a horse, so after this we can divide like this:
    so we can give 9 horses to the oldest son
    6 horses to next son in line
    2 horses to the youngest son
    after dividing, the 17 horses are shared and the borrowed horse can be returned.

• Answer: The eldest son should get 9 horses, the second should get 6 and the youngest should get 2 horses.

Calculation:
    The easiest way to solve it is to add 18th horse to the herd. Then we calculate 1/ 2 = 9 horses to one brother, 1/3 = 6 horses to another brother and 1/9 = 2 horses to the third. 9+6+2 = 17. Trick is, that 1/ 2 + 1/3 + 1/9 ≠ 1, it’s actually less than 100% therefore each of the brothers will get a bit more than their share).

The first correct answer

Jogosh & Jofke win 50 gold

3 random winners for 30 gold each goes to

Kras
    Irena
    Samir

Jofke & Irena please send me a PM with the .COM server and nickname to receive your gold. All others have been paid.
    Due to an error on my part we have 2 grandprize winners