Forum Spam

• The spam is getting pretty bad. Always some random account spamming game links and drowning out legit activity. Can someone please stay on top of it?

..And that is the Final Word.

• The old forum had a way to stop spam bots...this one doesnt...Which is why you're all seeing a lot more spam than previously.

• The german forum had this kind of spam maybe two times a year. After the update I was like "wtf is this shit?" till somebody told me it was normal situation on com forums. Now everyone can enjoy the spam >_>

Yeah, too bad that com isnt the only part of the forum that is getting attacked by spam bots now, would make it a lot easier to get rid of...But we can only hope that they are working on a way to get rid of the bots before they post...One would think that they would focus on the safety of their users, but who knows?..

• Hello Everyone

The old forums for the .com also had its share of ad spammers and we are watching and tweaking as they persist.

It is a never ending fight but as we tweak the parameters we will bring them to a slow crawl.

Just holler out if you see someone being stupid and we will address it.

:)

• I don't even understand their point. Like we're going to bother translating 4 paragraphs of another language if they post the same thread 30 times.

• Hi! Seems spambots found their way here. Working on possible solutions. Thanks for pointing this out.

TL_ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.

• Hi! Seems spambots found their way here. Working on possible solutions. Thanks for pointing this out.

Reprimand Templar knight. That's what you should have done. And you know it. Corrupt carpet bagger

• i wanted to make a post for it luckily i saw this one so commenting here..

what if mod can make it possible like new account cmnt post but it will need to be confirmed by a mod before apeearing for general public.. onces certain time has passed or post are done by account it automatically goes online and no more need approval from mod..

i mean once a new acnt has been made - it will be offline for posting means they can post but need mods apporval
    once certain time /post /activity has been done by account it becomes online.. like 6 months or 10 post or 30 cmnts on other post

this way atleast they wont abuse post section..

just bored of seeing red deleted posts..

• Reprimand Templar knight. That's what you should have done. And you know it. Corrupt carpet bagger

CM's and moderators cannot stop the spam bots. That has to be done by those in charge of the settings on the forum and they have addressed it. So if you wish to accuse or lay blame on someone make sure you know who to blame instead of just hurling blame when you have no clue on how something works. :)

• Another reply that clearly demonstrates your utter lack of principle and the challenges you appear to face when reading English text, Templar Knight. Your impressive halfwittery is second to none. Your incompetence for the role given to you on this forum is hilarious. First you destroy legal topics, because you don't like a reply somewhere in the thread.....

you have no clue on how something works

And here you are, on the forum, provoking regular users, throwing oil on fires! A second time you SHOULD be reprimanded, but won't be... Because the rest of your colleagues are of the same corrupt stripe as yourself. Way to go Templar! You rock!

• To be honest, you don't seem to know how this works. The moderators have been working very hard deleting these threads. I've seen a couple hundred in one night. But the only way to prevent them is forum settings like Mr. YP proposed that were actually in place in the previous forums.

I hated that when I registered on ukx it thought I was a spambot because I chose a three letter name and I had to get a mod override to even register. I hated that my first few posts required mod approval and the conversation had moved on by the time they made it through. I've even posted on behalf of a friend whose posts weren't going to go through while they were still relevant. But it was worth it to not have this crazy amount of worthless spam.

• Another reply that clearly demonstrates your utter lack of principle and the challenges you appear to face when reading English text, Templar Knight. Your impressive halfwittery is second to none. Your incompetence for the role given to you on this forum is hilarious. First you destroy legal topics, because you don't like a reply somewhere in the thread.....

And here you are, on the forum, provoking regular users, throwing oil on fires! A second time you SHOULD be reprimanded, but won't be... Because the rest of your colleagues are of the same corrupt stripe as yourself. Way to go Templar! You rock!

:D

That's harsh. To be honest I think Templar Knight is the best CM I have met so far.
    Not that it's a very high bar, mind you. But still.. I have the feeling he genuinely cares. That he can't really do anything about most issues.. well, he is on the rock bottom of the (paid) food chain, what do you expect.

• Frisian_COM, your war on Templar is totally unjustified. He is the best CM we saw here as long as I remember. As far as i know it is not well paid job either. Unlike most of people I happened to read you posted that were deleted and triggered the war and I can't say I am on your side.

Post was edited 2 times, last by ELE ().

• Frisian_COM, your war on Templar is totally unjustified.

Utter nonsense. He deleted a topic without ANY valid reason. Period. You can all stick your arms up crew members all you like, it does not make the incompetence and lying go away.

Apparently you did NOT read, contrary to your claim, my post. Or you would realize how utterly silly your viewpoint is.

The fact you are getting likes from the culprits: Ameno and Templar Knight, tells us all we need to know ELE. You're in cahoots somehow.

• The people behind the scenes have taken steps so that those who try and bombard us with spam are slowed down.

Online forums can never halt it completely and thats why people like us moderate forums to catch and remove those who do get thru.

This thread has accomplished what the OP was asking so I am going to close it so we dont go down the road I see it is going.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and we will watch and wait for the clever ones to make their way thru.

:)