• In the past we can remember that Travian used to hold Classic servers for all of us that prefer the game as is and do not like constant changes. Why did TG stop doing this? I'm sure 90% of the players would prefer a classic server to a new one. T3/3.3/3.6..etc

It is really hard to think about the glory days of this game and the utter refusal of management to listen to players, customers, and it's users. I know just as I remember, the management do remember that COM used to be the highest level of Travian there is. Now it is a joke.

Fire and Sand down from 12k players to 2.7k in less than a month, how could this be accepted ? I understand that the newer versions of the game make more money but its better to make a little money from those servers than to have your players leave and make no money, no?

If you want a classic server please voice your opinion here and let management know.

To management: If there is enough support for a classic server is it possible at all for you to start one? Or is this a dream that will never happen. Does our opinion even matter?

• To management: If there is enough support for a classic server is it possible at all for you to start one? Or is this a dream that will never happen. Does our opinion even matter?

They stated somewhere that there wont be any T3 servers anymore due to the outdated code and and security issues that go along with it.

• They stated somewhere that there wont be any T3 servers anymore due to the outdated code and and security issues that go along with it.

This is a terrible excuse. I'm sure the code relating to the transaction of money can be updated while the code for the game can be used the same. I am 100% sure that this is not a valid reason and that there would be many ways around this.

• T3.6 runs on a very old php version. As anyone with just a basic idea of computing (which you at least pretend to have) should know that running old versions of software comes with large security risks. I don't think anyone is interested in having their accounts hacked, e-mails leaked or what-not, due to an old software version, even if you secure the payment system (which might not be feasible at all, paired with the old php version). Upgrading code written for ancient versions of software is very hard - and very resource heavy.

Which brings us to the final point why there's no 3.6 servers: while people request it on the forum and in other locations, hardly anyone signed up when there was classic servers - much smaller numbers than T4 servers, and with people being much less active ingame. I think the same would be the case now.

So while you can maybe bash TG for many things, I don't think you can berate them for not running a classic server.

And that's coming from me, who much prefers T3.6 to the newer versions, and would love a classic server - but their reasons for not doing one are perfectly valid.

• Wishmaster, I remember seeing your avatar on the forum back in 2009...

I have no idea about coding (Never claimed or pretended to have any) just using common sense, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

If the old versions are too old, why not release a new version (Like Fire and Sand) but with the dynamics, rules, and statutes of a T3 server?

If a person set out to code the T3 version of Travian today, would they not be able to do it?

Or at least release a version of T4 minus the hero, auctions, natar villas...

I dont know about computing but common sense does make me think its possible. And do you think registration would be lower than it is today?

• Yeah been around for a while ;)

I think registration would be lower yes, sadly. F&S is getting a decent amount of attention and players, because of the new tribes. Which means that what people are interested in, is the novelty of it, i.e. new content. Running a classic server wouldn't bring anything new.

I do think it really sucks that they re-added auctions to the birthday server, and I know many who played the other birthday servers are sad about it too. Especially when you keep the increased profit they get from artefact activations, alliance bonus trippling, merging etc. in mind.

I can understand that a server with low player amounts, fewer revenue options (gold spending) and a need for large resource commitment (for updating the code/rewriting T4.4 code) is not becoming a reality. But I am appaled by them re-adding another gold sink to a server where they already added alternative gold spending requirements.

• I think your wish is unrealistic. :( Profit from Travian 3 was minimal. It does not pay it the work that would have to be spent. Today no one will work for free.

I'm never afraid of the future. He will soon come.

• i agree and bring the F&S tribes to it ,,
    leave out at the artifacts natar etc
    i miss bein able to catch a hammer at home sleepin

• All right all right forget about the code and the classic classic server, instead you could give us a modern server that it's sort of like the classic server. Turn of the hero and the artifacts. As for the auction items you can leave them (in order to sell more gold) or turn them off I don't think it would make that much difference.

"A classic "classic" server is not really possible due to the outdated code of this version. However it might be possible to have the current version with reduced features (like you would turn of your radio in the car)."

As for the amount of players that would play a classic game I think that if you just announce with plenty of lead-time... A lot of old veteran from the classic would show up and play.

I know that lots of the old players stopped playing because they couldn't stand the new fangled gameplay. In the classic it depended more on having great Communications in your alliance in addition to really great strategic and tactical thinking basically this was what allowed winning alliances 2 build a World Wonder. Just and also incredible diplomacy and recruitment.

This was so unique that one of the members of Triumph Alliance actually did is doctoral thesis in Game Theory based on how "TR!" played it's servers.

Please give this some thought and let us who love the old way of playing.

• I think your wish is unrealistic. :( Profit from Travian 3 was minimal. It does not pay it the work that would have to be spent. Today no one will work for free.

LOL, LOL... not true, fakenews... 99% of TR! players dropped the game when the newfangled thingies came in. I'm sure this was not unique to TR!.... And TR! we had a brilliant programmer from Holland that made his own T3 com underground server all by himself... It had all! Except the gold of course. So it's not hard, expensive, nor lack of interest whatever reason the might be. I believe it's just another case of German bullheadedness, obstinate, pertinacious, willfulness. Wishing too be right no matter what. And i for one am very sorry 'cause I know that a bunch of dedicated gamers for sure would be participating otherwise. :(