Feedback @Modays Outage

• Dear Travian Team,

on behalf of lots of players on actual servers I wish to express my deepest gratitude on how TG is actaully dealing with the server issues on Monday. As I have read we are all to receive a "gift" of 2 weeks plus account which is showing TGs immense generousity towards the players. That will surely more than compensate the minor issues players had to experience on Monday, such as:
    - servers down for hours, no chance to send merchs or troops
    - as a consequence players with villages in negs npced several times per hour while not sure whether starvation was disabled or not
    - no chance to react on incs, build or raid

TG took care of the issue by entertaining the players with reasonable decisions (like not shutting down the servers, announcing a roll back and revoking the announcement hours later). And now we are moreover rewarded with 48 (!!!) gold (if you are lucky enough to play on a speed server. The others got fine 20 gold, tho).

I'm amazed. Thank you so much!

9ad12aa6eac8e256ca64761548716cf5.png

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
    (the doctor, voy4/25)

• What Travian really means is compensation. But that would entail recognizing that there was a loss/injury to accounts both in terms of game play and gold use.

A gift is more of a "down time happen, but we are willing (out of kindness) to give you something here".

• I'm starting to think that the people handling the communication to the whole community think that it's the 1st of April every single day.

Little things like calling it a gift instead of compensation? Who came up with such a great idea? And gifts to everyone 50 ish days prior to Christmas, can't wait to see what we will get on Christmas! Best company ever <3

14 of plus? How come you decided to give us 2 weeks of Plus instead of giving us what we lost while the server had issues? 1 day of Plus, 1 day of bonus ress and maybe some gold to make up for the fact that people were forced into npc'ing a lot more since it was impossible to move ress, not to mention all the extra gold spent on finishing buildings, cause they wouldnt finish otherwise.

Please just take the servers offline next time an issue like this happens. :saint:

And seeing it as this thread is on the german domain I will now translate it to german, so everyone can understand it.

or not..

Post was edited 2 times, last by Lemon: typos ().

• Right, freakzz, you got me. Precisely.
    That's why we love to play with you.

(nevermind, i've run out of sarcasm tags, but you'll get the message)

9ad12aa6eac8e256ca64761548716cf5.png

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
    (the doctor, voy4/25)

• I wish to express my deepest gratitude on how TG is actually dealing with the server issues on Monday.

I concur. I was particularly impressed how fast they found a less intrusive way to deal with those issues. They came up with this new solution only 2 hours after they declared the rollback! Much obliged.

As I have read we are all to receive a "gift" of 2 weeks plus account which is showing TGs immense generousity towards the players.

You are right again. Even though there are some accounts who had to use NPC every 5 minutes for the 8 hours of lagging because their merchants were trapped in event-jam and their troops started to starve, those people are a minority and this gift benefits all of us, even people who weren't even only during those 8 hours and had no disadvantage because of the lags at all.
    I think the gift speaks for itself. You have to calculate the losses they have by giving so much plus time for so many accounts, I hope they don't end up bankrupt because of this generosity.

That will surely more than compensate the minor issues players had to experience on Monday,

As you said yourself, minor issues. They created a little bug which allowed everyone to generate an infinite amount of crop. But luckily nobody except 4-5 players used that possibility, so I think, yeah.. no big deal.

I know that TG appreciates honest feedback. I hope I could be of service.

• 2 weeks of the “Superior” overview of the large map!

I think we are onto a winner here lads.

Completely useless to anyone who plays with gold, equivalent to less than the gold spent during the issues. Only Travian could turn around and say “I know, let’s give a free trial to non gold players to try and get them spending, we can even dress it up like a gif”

Travian, here is what you need to do.

Find the privileged guy who is in a position of power because his dad was rich that is making decisions without having a bloody clue or trying to think things through and sack him. Then let someone who is capable of tying their own shoes be in charge.

• And as expected, there's absolutely no transparency or explanation from HQ. Oh wait, I forgot! that doesn't matter because we got two weeks plus!

Looking forward to the next bout of server issues, we never know how TG will react! Only one thing is certain: it'll probably be another exciting roller coaster ride!

• On my to do list, I have added check to make sure the plus days are accurate. I am pretty sure the gift days disappeared during the night and reappeared this morning. I had the message that I had around 19 hours left. I clicked to buy it and then this morning it is back up to 17 days.

Since I know the world is so quick to complain, I don't usually have to bother to complain. In this case, I had to go through the effort of creating a forum account just so I could post a complaint.

I hate when my fun time becomes a QC job and adds to my dreaded to list.

What can I trust in this game now. Do I have do accounting to make sure my qued troops spawn, should I journal my raid resources to check for accuracy. If it was my paying job, I would love it. This is not the case. My fun game is now so stressful.

• @Wishmaster....I have asked for the information regarding the technicals of the crash. When I get them I will post them

Low Key .....This is actually a display error that was just actually spotted 3 hours ago. The tech crew know about it but it is just a "display error" so does not affect anything or turn anything off or on.

• That has already been discussed very thoroughly and can say changes are already afoot in regards to how info will be released and procedures done.

Hopefully no crashes till we have it all sorted out but you can expect to see things done a bit better in that regards.

Some of our new steps are already in action. You just cant see that part.

• @Wishmaster....I have asked for the information regarding the technicals of the crash. When I get them I will post them

Low Key .....This is actually a display error that was just actually spotted 3 hours ago. The tech crew know about it but it is just a "display error" so does not affect anything or turn anything off or on.

TK, usually I really like how you come across. I've worked in similar positions so I understand what you really meant, however, I explained who, what and how I was affected and the tech crew and you clearly decided I am not anything. "I" = All your customers who had the "gift" given, gift taken away and gift put back.

I went to sleep disgusted all over again with the whole problem instead of thinking "well, at least it's over and I don't have to worry about getting that really crappy village of mine that was chiefed back.". Not all of us lost things in this fiasco that we wanted back.

TG needs to review their thinking. Errors are not "just errors" there is either error or functions as expected. The next decision to act by TG needs to be met with the question "are we sure we can do that?". In this case you had GIANT problem, dinked around, fixed the problem, created a new problem, fixed the problem. The part we can't stand is the whole while saying the customers disappointment, anger, frustrations, cash, time, etc. all do not matter.

People and their feelings are a big part of the game and y'all need to get on board with that reality.

• Find the privileged guy who is in a position of power because his dad was rich that is making decisions without having a bloody clue or trying to think things through and sack him. Then let someone who is capable of tying their own shoes be in charge.

I'm pretty sure it's the same developer who thinks it's good practice to introduce new "features" that nobody asked for (aka bugs) on live servers which are halfway through the round. It would be really really stupid to limit things to urgent bug fixes on live servers, wouldn't it? You know, and only putting new features (which ALWAYS break things) onto new servers? HAHAHA, what a stupid idea Elisa! Oh but why even joke about these things? I raised the issue at least four times while I was on staff, but HQ knows best... "give the players what they didn't ask for" seems to be the motto, followed by, "I wonder why we keep losing players?" Oh and can't forget "treat all players like idiots". I ALSO had days disappear from my Plus today, which triggered the info box to tell me my days were running out (impossible when you have gold on your account and the auto extend is ticked). I message Multihunter to ask if this bug was already known, and what reply do I get? Basically that it's my fault because I let my days run out. No, there is no bug! It was my fault. There are never any bugs. Players are always wrong!

I get that some players actually are idiots. But I think HQ needs a new MH flag in their toolkit. I'd like to propose it be called "Non-idiot, so if they tell you something's wrong, listen."

• "Check your accounts for 2 weeks of Plus. Read more about ..."

That's the message on our screens which translates to "Players check our work because we do not check our work and you will know better than we will and you will find it much faster and tell us how best to fix it. Find somewhere to complain if our work is flawed. When you find somewhere to log in to complain and don't have another account to complain with, please create a new account. When that account creation fails, please be patient while we are under construction with this new and really wack-a-mole board system. Don't be offended that we think you are actually a robot trying to create an account, however, it is known that most robots spend their time doing just this. The "prove you are not a robot" error is just a display error designed to delay you while you cool the ".".

OMG, I have to walk away. Please no attacka me, while I work in my yard, enjoying the sun and working off my fiery, fuming, etc..

I will chant to myself to never post again, so don't lift a finger to ban me.