Price Increase

• I don't understand how or why the USD/GBP exchange rate is relevant for a German company? Surely the EUR/GBP rate is more the issue?

My day job is importing to the UK from Europe, and i can tell you that although the price has deteriorated, the price of one euro cost me around 85p 3 or 4 years ago, and when it dropped after that to around 80p I didn't see travian gold prices go down... furthermore the current price is around 88p so not massively different to what it is now, and certainly not 12.5%.

At least if travian were to add some extra benefit for the more expensive gold, or if there were some other improvements to the game and/or game play then this would go some way to justifying the huge increase. Less down time on servers would even be a help. An even better reason would be to say that travian are spending some of the extra money on increasing advertising or some other method of attracting new players to the game.

I'd also suggest that maybe for people who spend a lot on gold, there could be a further saving on price for a larger bundle than the current 1600 gold (which if I'm honest doesn't usually last me very long).

I'm not against prices going up, it happens everywhere all the time, I just think it should be proportionate, fair, and usually should have a better reason than that the fictional currency in game is being affected by an unrelated exchange rate.

• Crunch suggested I numberwiz up how the changes to Travian have affected game demand over the last 5-6 years for feedback to HQ.

When I started playing in 2009/2010 it was T3.6. At that time the average UK server finished with 1986 players. The servers were also 350 days long. The smallest server was 1044 players at end game. This equates to 4,170,600 player days excluding deletions, which will also add up. There were 6 slow servers. I have excluded speed servers as they will only make this analysis look worse.

Last year (the last complete year for data) the average server, including Kingdoms (as that will have spread player numbers) had 291 players at end game. The servers are ~260 days long now (specials and Kingdoms are shorter). The smallest server was 68 players (Kingdoms) or 218 players for T4.4. This equates to 726,596 player days, spread across 11 servers!!! This is less than 20% of the player-time from 2010 to 2016., including Kingdoms, RoA and Birthday Specials.

Oops, did some wrong maths initially...

• Must be the exchange rate then...

How is the new Travian for recruiting new players? Most new players I meet in alliances played it 6 years ago and came back and aren’t fond of the changes

• And to make up for this, artworks, scrolls and higher production, causing more use of npc and instabuilds. So gold spending per account is way higher than it used to be (making the currency point totally moot).

May I suggest a 10 gold fee to rearrange buildings to boost revenue furter?

• They know their game is dying ... and are trying to milk us for every last penny before we leave by pushing the price up.

What it means for me... I will now be buying less gold... if any... and spending less than before, the increase will have a negative effect one me.

• FYI

UK Servers 1600 Gold GBP 39.99 going up to 44.99
    US Servers 1600 Gold USD 62.49
    AU Servers 1600 Gold AUD 62.49

Converted all to GBP
    US 62.49 is GBP 46.98
    AU 62.49 is GBP 35.61

So Aussie servers are cheap to play, but there is no one there. UK is cheaper than US, and still will be.

But, 1600 gold on German server is EUR 49.99. This equates to GBP 44.09. This is almost exactly what the new price would be. They could have just said that they were normalising the price to Euro servers rather than making stuff up as this was a good justification...

I say we mass-migrate to AU domain for cheap gold?

• Maybe it has nothing to do with aligning the price of gold packages, maybe it is another European way of punishing the UK for leaving EU, Traxit???

• At least if travian were to add some extra benefit for the more expensive gold, or if there were some other improvements to the game and/or game play then this would go some way to justifying the huge increase. Less down time on servers would even be a help. An even better reason would be to say that travian are spending some of the extra money on increasing advertising or some other method of attracting new players to the game.

The only change they seemed capable of making, was a new detection system to get rid of the all the bots in week 1 which overflood the auctions and makes the prices drop , in other words, it makes them lose money

• Maybe it has nothing to do with aligning the price of gold packages, maybe it is another European way of punishing the UK for leaving EU, Traxit???

I dunno about that but it's definitely causing a lot more Trexit's judging by what people are saying here and on alliance chats...

• I’m up for that.

Only need two preformed alliances and we have a overcrowded server

Well I have one that was waiting for UK1...I can always ask what they think!

• I have another question, not that any others have been answered but this one the forum staff should be able to explain.

Why, when i try to follow the link provided, am i told access denied?

• I have another question, not that any others have been answered but this one the forum staff should be able to explain.

Why, when i try to follow the link provided, am i told access denied?

You get that if they deleted the thread, merged it into another or moved it to a hidden area of the forum.

• The picture was already bugged right when the thread was posted, reported it already, but seems like they don't know how to fix it? maybe someone can tell them how to add pictures to a post?