WW Thread: The Last Stand

• You kicked someone 15 minutes before a server ended, someone who actively participated in your last attack. What did they do, question your supremacy afterwards?

Bitter? What am I supposed to be bitter about sweetness?

Kicking your active members for questioning you isn't outside the box, its firmly inside the box for little fascists who don't like it when people don't agree with them.

I guess at least you have trickster on side who doesn't play the domain and only comes here because he fancies me apparently.

• I guess at least you have trickster on side who doesn't play the domain and only comes here because he fancies me apparently.

Actually it's enough to be, or ever been, an admin in any kind of existing domain to undertand that you point is fragile.

And we'll love again
    And we'll laugh again
    We'll cry again
    And we'll dance again

• I'm glad the forums merged so I could pick up new foreign stalkers. <3 You'd kick someone you didn't like out of pettiness 15 mins before a server ended too?

If the answer is yes I think you're probably scum too tbf.

• If the Admin is a scum, you made the mistake to follow him the entire server until the last day
    • If the Admin is an opened mind, maybe you got something wrong

Do you see why your player is wrong?
    I can understand you took 2, 10, 50 days to understand what kind of person is you admin.
    But can i understand that you realized it only the latest 15 minutes?

And i realize that you struggle so much not to defend a friend, but to pick up a fight.

Ah martin:

And we'll love again
    And we'll laugh again
    We'll cry again
    And we'll dance again

• If the Admin is a scum, you made the mistake to follow him the entire server until the last day
    • If the Admin is an opened mind, maybe you got something wrong

Do you see why your player is wrong?
    I can understand you took 2, 10, 50 days to understand what kind of person is you admin.
    But can i understand that you realized it only the latest 15 minutes?

And i realize that you struggle so much not to defend a friend, but to pick up a fight.

• Aww trickster <3 Definitely a spring wedding.

The player isn't my player, as I mentioned previously I don't play s4. I have friends who do and so took an interest in passing. Perhaps the player never liked their leader/admin.

Regardless of whether the player knew the type of individual medusa was previously it doesn't excuse the action. It seems pretty clear from how medusa is talking the player offended him somehow with a not especially outrageous comment and was removed from the alliance just prior to a win that that player contributed to for the sake of a vendetta. I'm an antagonist on the forum for sure, but would I treat an alliance member with that kind of contempt in game? No chance.

• Regardless of whether the player knew the type of individual medusa was previously it doesn't excuse the action.

In all the entire post, this is the only phrase i agree with.

But you keep missing the point:
    This is a symbolic revenge.

I can't see how this remove can somehow damage (effectively) the player we're talking about.
    And still, i don't get why to get so angry at it.

Remember that a fight, in every social context, is NOT determined by a single action, but an amount of events that follow each other day after day that, at some day, cause the hurricane. Ever heard of Butterfly Effect?

Since either you and me know the story behind, it's better to not judge anyone.

And we'll love again
    And we'll laugh again
    We'll cry again
    And we'll dance again

• No I understand that its symbolic, its also a real low-blow for the player. His leader was bragging about the attacks that player was a part of about 10 minutes prior to that, man. Its a real crap thing to do to the guy, I feel bad for him having committed to an alliance for 8 months to then have it thrown in his face right at the end of the game when its too late for him to do anything about it.

Also how did I accidentally unify half of Italy here? I better get myself an Italian dictionary and come over to your domain some time haha.

• The alliance member treated me, the rest of the leaders and the alliance with contempt.

I saw no reason for them to remain a member.

I still don't. And if you like to surround yourself with rude people you can

I prefer to have an alliance full of happy people who enjoy being there

Not those who want to turn a win into something negative out of some personal slight they invented

So you know why he was mad?

Someone else knocked the wall down before they got to it.

I am sorry, but if you are going to whine about that to me, question my leadership over it, and call me a liar for pretending you would be the one and only rammer (apparently keeping contingency plans is bad form) then you clearly belong in MartinJames's alliance

• Heres a thought, maybe they weren't annoyed at not being the only rammer, maybe they were angry that you lied to them.

Keep contingencies, don't need to lie to the players involved though do you. Where's the trust in that relationship? They trusted you and this is the way you repaid that trust.

Anyone who questions you is kicked. Got it.

You're actually right about one thing though, that player could be in an alliance with me. Have people said mean things to me whilst I've been a leader before? Of course. Have they questioned me, yeah. Some have. Sometimes things arise, you settle those differences with a bit of respect internally. You showed no respect for that person after 8 months of commitment to you. You're such a coward that you kicked them knowing it was too late for them to hit you back too.

• No I understand that its symbolic, its also a real low-blow for the player. His leader was bragging about the attacks that player was a part of about 10 minutes prior to that, man. Its a real crap thing to do to the guy, I feel bad for him having committed to an alliance for 8 months to then have it thrown in his face right at the end of the game

Real low blow?
    Only 2 possibilities:

• In .com you're terribly fair each other
    • You're inflating a bit the event.

The real low-blow is when a person enters your account to spoil that, or he makes you load plenty of golds in his account then kicking you 5 minutes after, or even betray the trust of your own mates getting out the alliance at night to spoil the result of months and months of work.

I'll keep repeating it:
    If you struggle so much to find who's the good and the bad in all this history, then start an account in Medusa's alliance.

But since it's not something i care about, i let you all the fun in it.

when its too late for him to do anything about it.

Do you see?
    Your mind is setted in the same way of Medusa.
    Revenge -> Revenge

Also how did I accidentally unify half of Italy here? I better get myself an Italian dictionary and come over to your domain some time haha.

Many tried, without success. Will you be The Stranger One to join Italian domain and partecipate the Italian Community?

I believe in you, good night my love.
    -With love, Trickster

And we'll love again
    And we'll laugh again
    We'll cry again
    And we'll dance again

• This is .UK not .Com and actually it is a domain where if there's one thing we've prided ourselves on its integrity and fairness. That thing you mentioned about loading gold is disgusting. Its also a good reason to only dual people you know and trust. But mostly its disgusting to treat someone like that and take advantage of them in that manner. I know the UK domain and not many on this domain would do something as gross as that, medusa is one of the few though.

I think perhaps there is a cultural/standards difference here Trickster. The UK domain has always had exceptional standards in fairness and its why some people still play this domain. Unfortunately the distinctness of the domain is being lost over time as we lose the crew who understand the culture of the UK and big personalities leave but this type of thing might fly on .Com or other domains, here it still doesn't and the day things like that are seen as generally acceptable here is the day I leave and don't come back.

I'm an English teacher, really only great with that one language :p Throw me some italian phrases and i'll stop by though ;)

• That's the thing...

I didn't lie

Only he said that

And you now

Doesn't make it any truer

He was the rammer
    As was flower
    As was dsv
    As was Gellewza

Flower lost his in an unfortunate but will placed strike

Gellewza hit the WW first time around, and immediately began the rebuild.

This left us 2-3 hits

Guess what... We didn't need that many. Should I plan for not needing that many? According to you I need a rammer for every WWK so not sure why you now think I should only have one

dsv had the larger hammer and more rams, so he went in front

Hellcat was given a time of 8:30pm to give DtS time to rebuild the wall a bit so he could knock it down for the final few hammers to ensure that even if they tripled the expected Defence, we still have a squad break through. He was meant to be part of that contingency.

Did he follow the plan?

No

He landed bang on 8 ignoring everything else to try and jump ahead

Like I didn't lie about PalecC
    I didn't lie about this either

So stop making yourself look like a moron

P.S

British commanders used to make their men stand in rank and file and shoot at each other point blank

And they complained when people tried to change the tactics for the better

That's how I see you and your boring standards

MM will always put fun over your ancient ways

Doesn't mean we are the best
    Doesn't mean we are right
    Doesn't mean you have to like us

But at least we enjoy the game

You and all your old timers can complain away about how the game is ruined, I don't care... I'd rather just look for a way to have fun with a game I love with an alliance I love

You can sulk all you like

But your jealous ranting just makes me even happier to be no where near an alliance like yours

I'd have quit the game years ago

• You told him he was the only rammer. Was he? Nope. Whats that then, an 'untruth'?

Also I haven't said anything about how you should plan, that was other people. If you need a recap I've mostly said your hammer numbers are poor and you've been very petty RE: hellcat.

Anything else was probably someone else, personally I blame trickster for confusing the arguments ;)

• Who said I told him that?

Your magic fairies again?

I do confuse you all, that's why I have decided to group you all into one person

"He who hates us for no good reason"

For simplicity

• This is .UK not .Com and actually it is a domain where if there's one thing we've prided ourselves on its integrity and fairness. That thing you mentioned about loading gold is disgusting. Its also a good reason to only dual people you know and trust. But mostly its disgusting to treat someone like that and take advantage of them in that manner. I know the UK domain and not many on this domain would do something as gross as that, medusa is one of the few though.

I think perhaps there is a cultural/standards difference here Trickster. The UK domain has always had exceptional standards in fairness and its why some people still play this domain. Unfortunately the distinctness of the domain is being lost over time as we lose the crew who understand the culture of the UK and big personalities leave but this type of thing might fly on .Com or other domains, here it still doesn't and the day things like that are seen as generally acceptable here is the day I leave and don't come back.

I'm an English teacher, really only great with that one language :p Throw me some italian phrases and i'll stop by though ;)

Your culture and standards is something i would be envy about if i had not the chance to grow my sympathy and understand people real intentions faster than the average player on Travian.
    You want it or not, it's a war and strategy game and you fight it in every surface the game can contain.

Now, take the side of Medusa.
    Knowing that expelling the player before launching the attack could mean removing the only rammer (I just read, was that the only or what? Anyway, it's a hammer) of the alliance, would you do that?
    Twisting the sides, it's the alliance that paid lot of its resurces, defenses and artifacts on a wonder-hammer (That's what happens in 90% of cases)

Would have i expelled him just to remove his rough presence for the last days?
    No, but for sure (If he's the kind of person that Medusa described) i would have not invited him for the next server.
    Maybe it's the only thing you could blame Medusa about, but still..

And still, we don't know so much to determine who's the good and the bad. Way more to judge a person that, maybe, is a "Pezzo di pane" (Phrase in italy to say that a person is really sweat, lovable and generous with others) behind the pc.

And we'll love again
    And we'll laugh again
    We'll cry again
    And we'll dance again

• Trickster

You misunderstand

He only started being rude after the attack, so I didn't use him, as far as I was aware everything was fine until he sent me hate messages after the attack 15 minutes before we won

So I kicked him because he doesn't deserve to win with us with that attitude

• Its something that many of us hold quite dear and why the domain is quite close knit. You can be enemies with someone and spend time on the forum insulting each on one server and you're friends the next, and there isn't a trust issue between us. The people left on here (mostly) know that we don't act in certain ways. Its something that Medusa can't comprehend which is why he doesn't understand the backlash he's faced. On other domains he'd be accepted, here many don't like that and don't respect it. Sure they won but S4 has been a very low quality server. That's what happens when players are constantly being turned off from the game by the decisions of staff. Fortunately server one appears to be shaping up to be a good one though.

I don't want to play the game and have to guess the intentions of my allies all the time, we play for the friends and camaraderie, you can't have that without trust. The UK domain is a special place to play and if we lost that, as I say, I'd have no interest in the game. After all I don't find Travian to be an objectively good game. The social element is the worthwhile part to me, without this domain I wouldn't consider signing up again.