WW Thread: The Last Stand

• I hope you don't take this as an attack on you, but rather as some friendly tips - I've been playing this game for a very long time, and you're (relatively) new? So happy to pass on some information.

I'll happily elaborate more

i'll respond to your message properly tomorrow when i'm done with this uk1 chaos, but as it looks like you aren't playing uk servers at all(especially you weren't part of this uk4), so your response now looks very condescending and is probably here so you can have fun watching responses (like most of mines are also). But for now i'll leave you with this, most hammers on uk4 are below 10k cats, and they are all capable of shaving off 10lvls of WW when it's on lvl90, even with unique artie due to very low deff numbers(under 1,6mill). So there is no point in hitting GW which takes 84h like you said when you can have 10-15lvls of WW which take atleast 100h to rebuild. Yes you can hit them with smaller hammers after proper WWKs, but that wasn't the case here, it just looks like they were hitting with smaller ones when in reality those were their WWks. And please don't take this as a personal insult to your grand knowledge of travian, i'm just here to give you some info about actual server. So please message me if you want any additional data, i'll be glad to provide.
    Anyway, i'll quote most of your response tomorrow and elaborate.

Post was edited 1 time, last by MarkokraM ().

• (especially you weren't part of this uk4),

You said the only proper way to attack a WW was with a single WWR and WWK at a time - and refered to UK3 I believe for a place to see how real hits were done. You might have meant something different, but that is not what you said. I said that this was not the case.

I will agree that they could have done it that way here on UK4 (if that is what you mean??) and in total done more time damage than they did, with the same hammers... But that's a meaningless argument anyway - because there's no way they'd be in a situation to hit your WW at a high level several times, unless they themselves stop building their WW.

even with unique artie

As you will notice I said in my other post, architect doesn't apply to the WW itself, only infrastructure ;) This is a somewhat common misconception.

Anyway, no need to comment on my post in full if you meant to say that specifically on UK4 there was no reason to hit like that (then you can just look right above) - as said, I replied because you said it was always the case, and you yourself made reference to another server. My original post covers a wide variety of WW scenarios.

so your response now looks very condescending and is probably here so you can have fun watching responses (like most of mines are also)

My response had the intentions that I stated it had. I like sharing the knowledge I have accured so others can benefit from it. If I wanted to troll, it could have been done with much less effort...

• So what you are saying is... the only way to play the game properly, is to put all your largest eggs into one basket and throw them as hard as you can at the WW

Great battle plan there

Ever heard of maintaining the advantage?
    Conserving ammunition?
    Counting the enemy strength?
    Hiding your true strength?
    Doing maximum damage with minimal effort?

You would have us fire our largest cannon when your defense is supposedly at its weakest. And then claim to be better than us?

It's not our fault your defence hasn't grown much since the first hit. We were not to know that you hadn't hidden away some massive WWKs to snatch the advantage.

Why waste, when we can do what we need to do with less.

@wishmaster3

I told you he would take it as an attack

• You said the only proper way to attack a WW was with a single WWR and WWK at a time - and refered to UK3 I believe for a place to see how real hits were done. You might have meant something different, but that is not what you said. I said that this was not the case.

i have no idea what marksy told earlier and i don't care too much, i just saw your condescending post which made me puke. So i have no idea who told that.

As you will notice I said in my other post, architect doesn't apply to the WW itself, only infrastructure This is a somewhat common misconception.

i meant what i said, architect applies to walls, so even rammers weren't needed for hits on this server which can be seen from those 30k haeds and 4k cats taking 1 lvl off 90lvl WW with lvl20 wall. But again, condescending way telling it and trying to look like helping.

Anyway, no need to comment on my post in full if you meant to say that specifically on UK4 there was no reason to hit like that (then you can just look right above) - as said, I replied because you said it was always the case, and you yourself made reference to another server. My original post covers a wide variety of WW scenarios.

then post in on tutorials section, because everyone on this thread held WW couple of times already. Including i think medusa who was sitter atleast.

My response had the intentions that I stated it had. I like sharing the knowledge I have accured so others can benefit from it. If I wanted to troll, it could have been done with much less effort...

again, you weren't responding to me but to marksy, but in your effort to look like the smartest person around you don't even check to who are you responding.

I guess i don't need to post full elaboration of your tutorial then lol

• Games are about fun, they're not meant to be played to perfection ... and throughout ... I know which side I'd rather have been on - the stark raving loony monkey madness one. Even though some of our competition has been poor at times and most of the carnage has been to carnage themselves, its been an enjoyable server.

• I think you're getting me and MarkokraM mixed up :)

Wishmaster has actually taught me something new there, and it's the first time on this entire thread that someone arguing with me has put up a good argument and used stats. So fair play to him. But I do have to say, I think we're coming at it from different angles. Although you have shown it is sometimes a good idea to hit infrastructure, I am laughing at the fact they have been building that hammer all server, and with the low amount of defence, the hammers could have been built up further and used to hit the WW directly, doing a lot more damage.

And you're talking about wasting and conserving ammunition. Read my point above. You wasted yours.

You're not some kind of tactical genius like you think you are. Anyone can plant spies and lie to alliances to merge with them. Well actually, people with morals couldn't. But you get what I mean. From about day 130 you haven't done anything special at all. But think what you want :)

Also, who is Stinkerbelle? Just signed up and backing Medusa. Shock. Can you ban multi accounts on the forum? :D

What reports are you meant to show off if you're a defensive player? :(

My name is Alex, not Mark :)

• I'm back after a long break actually. I've been disappointed by how quiet the servers are compared to my first server 11 year ago. Anyhoo...you guys are going on about how rubbish they are (MM) with their low defense and poor hammers but they are still winning...what does that say about the opposition??

• I'm back after a long break actually. I've been disappointed by how quiet the servers are compared to my first server 11 year ago. Anyhoo...you guys are going on about how rubbish they are (MM) with their low defense and poor hammers but they are still winning...what does that say about the opposition??

If you read the rest of the thread I'm sure you'll find out, as I don't want to repeat myself again :)

• Look i'll help you settle this as an outside observer:

MM - Pretty rubbish numbers, use spies when the competition is already dreadful. 1.5/5

Carnage - Somehow worse than the above 1/5

Arguing about MM/Carnage is like arguing who the prettiest person in the burns unit is.

• i have no idea what marksy told earlier and i don't care too much, i just saw your condescending post which made me puke. So i have no idea who told that.

The only post out of mine and yours above that was condescending is the one you just made...

Wishmaster has actually taught me something new there, and it's the first time on this entire thread that someone arguing with me has put up a good argument and used stats. So fair play to him.

^ seems like he had no issue with it..

But again, condescending way telling it and trying to look like helping.

So when people tell you something that they think you might not know, it's always condescending? I even said it was a common misconception - ie. that a lot of people think it works that way (which is actually the opposite of being condescending - I was lessening the significance of you not knowing it or not...)

then post in on tutorials section, because everyone on this thread held WW couple of times already. Including i think medusa who was sitter atleast.

I was replying to a statement I saw in the thread that was simply not true - and it happened to be an elaborate answer, because there was an elaborate answer to give. Not sure why this means I should go post in the tutorials section, and not sure how your own WW experience (or other's) is relevant to the statement being false.

again, you weren't responding to me but to marksy, but in your effort to look like the smartest person around you don't even check to who are you responding.

I came back to the thread (on another page than before) and see you post:

i'll respond to your message properly tomorrow

Which makes it look a lot like you were the one I replied to originally - and you guys have pretty similar names. I've only been lightly reading this thread so I just know that there are two Mark...something guys bashing MM or w/e - and yes, when I had written a response directly to a person in here, then got a reply that said "i'll respond to your message tomorrow...", I did indeed think it was the same person replying again.

You really got me there! I didn't remember, and I didn't check (didn't think there was a need to check). Congrats! Are you happy now after bashing me for a reply that your friend (who was the original recipient) found helpfull?

• I think it's nice to consider burn victims as still pretty

It must be very hard to live with something like that

Also it's pretty unfair to say we played at 1.5 out of 5...

We prepared for an enemy playing 5/5, we didn't need to use it, but it's there.

• Aas far as a 1.5/5 performance goes, that was an entertaining end.... chiefed their x3 arty .... zeroed all the def in their ww, zeroed the ww itself, dropped the ww villa to under 200 pop and turned it into a farm. Would love to see what a 5/5 ally does. :D gg all

• what you are guys saying? you are putting 2 day gap between lvl99 and lvl100 of WW build to maybe use your 8k cats WWKs? to demolish rally point? or iron mine?
    btw, finally someone showed up with 13k cats. Congratulations on that. :D

• Aas far as a 1.5/5 performance goes, that was an entertaining end.... chiefed their x3 arty .... zeroed all the def in their ww, zeroed the ww itself, dropped the ww villa to under 200 pop and turned it into a farm. Would love to see what a 5/5 ally does. :D gg all

A 5/5 ally wouldn't win a server on day 130 through underhand... wait why am I still arguing this!?

But for future reference a 5/5 ally would (when there is still competition on the server): have the co-ordination to actually zero a WW and have hammers of a decent size after simming all server (Mostly Harmless and Dionysus were above average but expect better, props to dsv for clearly being in the top 3 players of the server as well). They would have more than 1.5 million defence (props to MintMuffin for providing a crazy amount of that, looking forward to playing with them on uk1). They wouldn't take their foot off the gas when they were ahead. They wouldn't think they were gods gift, tactical geniuses etc. They wouldn't plant spies and lie to alliances they were about to merge with. They would do a lot of things different. Maybe you can have a 1.51/5 if that makes you happy?

Oh well, all in the past now. Server over. Mostly Harmless' hammer lives to fight another 3 hours. Hopefully we've all learnt some valuable lessons from this server and from this forum exchange. I know I learnt something (thanks wishmaster).

See you all on uk1 if you're up for the challenge :D

• 5/5 is an alliance like Pulsant that kicks the crack out of everyone fairly and we're talking actually decent opposition (OGC, SWM, LC and Skittles on S2), produces a metric tonne of hammers and def, several of which were record breakers and then wins the server in record time with all that to do. If you'd produced any hammers worth looking at or had decent def numbers you could've pushed to around 3?

• One of OGC's leaders is in MM haha...

As is one of SWM's...

Have you forgotten that we were outnumbered last server by FL, GMC and Gimps and still won?

Anyway, this is what a solid 1.5* alliance can do when they relax and play at 10% of their capabilities.

Yeah I am talking to you MM 10%, starving troops, defending with hammers, simming, not building enough troops! Really?????

We could have had 4million offence hit their WW today instead of 3.1million:

Converter - Battle reports Travian

Not even sorry for adding our smallest attacks in there. Because I think they represent what you can do with a little when you do things all wrong the right way!

• 1.5 based on what you did on this server. Not based on any other thing from MM. It was a bit of a wind up but im glad it stuck with you. If I was feeling fair I could go 2.5 maybe. Those reports are basically part of that. There isn't a single hammer there that is objectively impressive. A few of them are decent but they're all a bit par for the course. On this whole server where has anyone produced anything that would make you say 'Wow'?