Light cavalry balance

• I guess we will find out properly with this new year server coming up. Different game style when WW's are involved and I hope the original tribes get a good showing too.

• It took a long time for me to realise what a good defence tribe teutons can be. Not nearly enough play them for defence yet spears are a must for cavalry defence.

Spears are actually very underrated as an overall def unit too, when you take into consideration the time and res cost. If you are planning on building any sort of off with your def acc you are basically better playing as a teut than a gaul if you ask me.. Unless you just want to build a ghost hammer that is.

• I've got to admit I'm a converted Teut defender. I've always liked the tribe but when as Tombo said, the res and time costs for spears aren't much higher than phalanx, and considering how sought after they are, it's well worth the investment.

#TeamTeuton

• I guess we will find out properly with this new year server coming up. Different game style when WW's are involved and I hope the original tribes get a good showing too

Well said ! However , my personal opinion is that this will not have much of an impact on the SR vs TT issue as the map will the small 400x400 (map of Europe), not 800x800 (sea-less Pangea). And as far as I know ( i do hope that I am wrong here) there will be no balance changes done from fire and sand.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that TT will get their place in the spotlight again.

• I hope the original tribes get a good showing too.

Teuts are still the best hammer makers, both for play hammers and WWK/WWR, so there should be some. I think a lot of defensive/supportive players will default to Gauls too, though some will definitely go for Egyptians for the novelty and such. Romans.. Maybe people who want to save gold with the double build? Not much reason to otherwise, sadly :(

Spears are actually very underrated as an overall def unit too, when you take into consideration the time and res cost. If you are planning on building any sort of off with your def acc you are basically better playing as a teut than a gaul if you ask me.. Unless you just want to build a ghost hammer that is.

Spears are awesome. Best unit for standing defense too.

• How often are you going to trot out that report now :D

Well, why would he in the 1st place. Is that meant to be impressive?

Spears are awesome. Best unit for standing defense too.

Defensive Teuton may be the most appreciated player on a server. I mean, these accounts sell at the highest prices.

• I will probably get multiple dislikes for this one.

I must admit, I didn't bother reading the whole thread but from a couple of posts in it seemed clear what needed t be said.

EI is the best cavalary there is (not talking hammers here, calm down) as an individual horse unit it is the elite.

By a long way. To save me time, you guys do the maths, do the stats, and then return.

• I was trying to make a point that the the TT have been pushed to be an underwhelming unit in comparison to other offensive options of the same type. ( in this case i used the Steppe Rider which is better in absolutely every stat , cost and train time )

I tried to highlight the balance for offensive infantry units , where power is balanced off by cost and train time.

I would like to point out that I am far from being an experienced/pro player so I was asking if other players felt the same and if there are any balance plans to address this (if this is a problem indeed ).

Sadly the topic has gonna all over the place, but I like the fact that there is a nice and friendly community here ... so I am not complaining :) .

• I was trying to make a point that the the TT have been pushed to be an underwhelming unit in comparison to other offensive options of the same type. ( in this case i used the Steppe Rider which is better in absolutely every stat , cost and train time )

Actually, you could do full Hun def and go marksmen... And they'd still be better for off than TTs lol. Better in all stats including raiding, with the exception of speed of course (but only without hero)... And they're very decent defensive cavalry (same speed as druids if you send without hero, and other defensive stats aren't that far off). Hamvils are pretty sick for Huns.

EI is the best cavalary there is (not talking hammers here, calm down) as an individual horse unit it is the elite.

By what meassure? If you mean specifically off/time paired with raiding (or off/upkeep thanks to HDT).. Then yeah. But not necesarily for other meassures.

• If you do the maths EI can be more powerful than an EC hammer if you include hero with Tier 3 weapon in each army I believe?

Never.. EC hammers give higher attack/time than EI hammers which is the only thing that matters while making a hammer.. effect from different tier item doesn't change this :p

in2. jin
    au1. rock
    com4/uk1. Moondance