Light cavalry balance

• Stable & Great stable, Tier 3 helm, lvl 20 HDT and arte for one month.

EI fighting strength = 7,242,528
    Units = 46105
    Wheat consumption = 92,217
    Fighting strength per wheat = 78.53

EC fighting strength = 8,037,646
    Units = 34579
    Wheat consumption = 103,743
    Fighting strength per wheat = 77.47

Tier 3 item boosts each EC by 20 but each EI by 15

46105 * 15 = 691,575
    34579 * 20 = 691,580

• Anyone making a half decent hammer wouldn't consider crop consumption..

Only attack/time

EC will win hands down :)

in2. jin
    au1. rock
    com4/uk1. Moondance

• Helmets will work proportionately and so shouldn't make either troop type more or less competitive than it already is.

But based on those figures, Crunch, I think you've made the case for an EI hammer... for those that can't or don't raid much, the 10k less an hour will cost 7.2m less res per 30 days. On the upside, the raiding that is done would be done faster. Just playing devil's advocate ;)

• Helmets will work proportionately and so shouldn't make either troop type more or less competitive than it already is.

But based on those figures, Crunch, I think you've made the case for an EI hammer... for those that can't or don't raid much, the 10k less an hour will cost 7.2m less res per 30 days. On the upside, the raiding that is done would be done faster. Just playing devil's advocate ;)

Well sure, if you only play half a server then EIs are better :P

• EI:
    Travian :: offense calculator

EC:
    Travian :: offense calculator

You can even give your hero accompanying the ECs no weapon, and ECs still have more off/time.

But yes, EIs are a lot better raiders, and much cheaper. It's a pain to run ECs in GS (in my experience, when playing solo accounts), because they're a lot more expensive, while EIs are fairly easy to run. Which also means that EIs could give you more off, if you aren't able to queue ECs as much as EIs. With EIs you're also likely to be able to get your hammer queues up earlier.

The best, full stop.

Sure EC is pretty epic but we are talking light cav, not heavy

Steppes are far better raiders.

Also much cheaper in off/res (which matters early game).

So not every measure.

But yes, EIs are awesome.

Sadly imps are bad compared to the Hun infantry, so Huns beat Romans in hammer making (know that wasn't what you asked).

:D better to make multiple EI raiders instead of compromising on attack points.

EI are good as raiding/support hammers that can be wasted and rebuit while EC are better for end game hammers.. I'm a newb and I might be wrong :saint:

in2. jin
    au1. rock
    com4/uk1. Moondance