Forum & Game, what would you like to see changed or brought in?

• x5 / x10 servers :D

I recall playing long ago a 10x server. All I can say is that I was happy to have 3 duals who were very active. It was one of those you sneeze and you miss a lot servers. The server was a test server and while the speed was fun since the server was over super fast, as a player, it was also tiring since no time at all to do anything else.

• Several years ago, I used to make a weekly thread in which people were free to post suggestions for the game and forum, about what features they thought would be useful. I would then open a poll to choose the most popular items, that the then CM would take to HQ.

Given the changes that have happened, both in-game and on the forum over recent years, I'm interested in what changes would people like to see now?

Please note, that this is out of genuine interest and ANY posts that criticise either forum members or crew, both past and present, will be reported.

The introduction of some common sense would be welcome change.

• I'd love the marketplace, rally point etc. to autocomplete for 2 characters (instead of the new change to 3). Is much easier when on a phone, especially when your village is 01, 07 etc.

• Poetry tuesdays

I love the idea of poetry Tuesdays :)

Each week could be a different style of poetry, could vote for best poem of the week with the winner being awarded a banner/badge?

Re the changes to the market place, some of these suggestions have been made many times before, who knows maybe one day...

I would also like to see an easier and more effective way of setting up trade routes, it's a tedious atm and would much rather have an option to click choose all times, enter the amount and that's it done.

• I would like to see a server with closed alliances, where no interactions between alliances will be possible (no rein, no resources, no sitting).
    I would like to see more options for alliances bonuses or similar projects.

I am not sure that effort is needed to make game "more interesting", the game is interesting enough as is.What needed is to make game easier to play. One of the major issues is the time commitment it requires. Anything that saves time would be welcome.
    - built in links next to villages names to market and RP so resources and troops can be send in 2 clicks;
    - built in calculator that will show how much resources exactly I am missing for certain building;
    - built in calculator in market and RP showing cumulative resources at raid/shipment arrival;
    - display on profile player's attack, defense and hero point so i can look at one page instead of doing 3 searches.

I would like to see shorter servers (not to be confused with speed servers, normal speed, just shorter), especially no WW servers. It is no secret that after midgame every alliance losing players and activity. Routine overcome joy when you get over 20 villages. 6-9 months commitment is too long for a game.

As alliance leader I would love to have an option to see members troops without going to getter, maybe even see all plus tabs. Something meaningful for NAPs and Confeds because now it is either nothing or disadvantage.

Last but not least, it is very sad to see tools developed by dedicated members of community dying one after another, so much effort wasted, so many option to make game both more interesting and easier to play. TG should have bought, preserve or incorporate in game many of them.

• Just to add more about sitters.....

I have suggested many times over the years that leaders of an alliance should be able to see who the sitters are on an account.
    This is possible as a few other games have this feature and would solve many issues that hidden sitters create within the alliance.

Leaders would then know when an unauthorized person has eyeballs inside and could take any action they deem fit for that situation.

• I'd love the marketplace, rally point etc. to autocomplete for 2 characters (instead of the new change to 3). Is much easier when on a phone, especially when your village is 01, 07 etc.

This is actually considered a bug and should be fixed in the nearest updates.

Ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.

• Or maybe it's none of the leaders bloody business to know who I'm sitting or who's sitting me. That would kinda blow the spying system, which is a big part of the game.

Exactly, spying is a big part of the game, which is why I don't like the idea at all.

• Just to add more about sitters.....

I have suggested many times over the years that leaders of an alliance should be able to see who the sitters are on an account.
    This is possible as a few other games have this feature and would solve many issues that hidden sitters create within the alliance.

Leaders would then know when an unauthorized person has eyeballs inside and could take any action they deem fit for that situation.

Getter has this feature already. If the leaders care, then they can push updating sitters just like updating troops numbers.

• Spying and diplomacy are a big part of the game. By closing alliance interactions and giving leaders unfettered access to member account info both of these go out if the window.

One of the best things about Travian is the human part of the game, i.e. it's just as much about how well you interact and engage with your allies and enemies as it is about how good you are at the practical aspects of the game. I think some of these features would ultimately lead to it being a situation where the best premade alliance will win a server.

I do agree with the time saving aspects though.

• But one thing I would love to get back, are the little attack incoming icons in the alliance page, so we can see which of our ally members have incomings, we had this for a short while a year ago?

• Red swords are visible on ally page on regional map servers. Love them :)

My suggestion to close up alliances is not so much about spying (even though I am not a fun), but more about making multi/tech accounts more complicated.

• I didn't like it (chuckle)

But for the same reasons as ELE I like the idea of limiting support (troops or res) to ally members and maybe confeds. Moreover, that would ruin the res- and troop-sellers immediately and decrease the numbers of their bot-accounts. Worth a try imo.

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
    (the doctor, voy4/25)

• Hmmm, aren't they stolen from the marketplace in this case? This is a really good way to keep resources if you need to extend your warehouse and to avoid overflow, but it's not the best way to hide them from the attacker.

Some way of cancelling a mistaken send in the market place on x3 with 8hrs travel time. e.g. cancel the x3, would save some pain though

• It's easy enough to solve, they could just not actually leave your granary and warehouse until the cancellation period is up.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

• But for the same reasons as ELE I like the idea of limiting support (troops or res) to ally members and maybe confeds. Moreover, that would ruin the res- and troop-sellers immediately and decrease the numbers of their bot-accounts. Worth a try imo.

I quite like this idea too. You could give alliance members a speed bonus for sending internally and then apply normal times to external alliances. Although a group of bots could all be in a single alliance, there would be no positive outcome. There would a chance bots would get together in an alliance which could make spotting them a bit easier.

"It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

• Nah, that's useless. Those bot accounts don't send timed def or resources.

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
    (the doctor, voy4/25)