UK Goes To Munich!

• Did I say it was wrong? lmao
    I was just afraid you took it seriously, which I’m sure you did ^_^ and now you’re doing a 180

They see me rolling
    They hating

• These were posted on Com forum but don’t seem to have made it here. Since UK sent a representative too I thought you guys might want to read them, especially what was said about The UK CM in the customer service notes. I’ve got my own opinions on them but they would fill a whole thread :D

There are no notes about the meeting held between our representative and the Community Management Team. Since this meeting was specific to the UK perhaps @Administrator and @Ameno could provide those for us too?

LoT18_Tournament-and-Onboarding-Workshop-Notes.pdf
    LoT18_Game-Design-Workshop-Notes.pdf
    LoT18_Development-and-QA-Workshop-Notes.pdf
    LoT18_Customer-Service-Workshop-Notes.pdf
    LoT18_Community-Management-Wokshop-Notes.pdf

One suggestion I did make to our Community Manager (which was ignored twice) was that if TG really want to get in touch with their player base that they try holding a live web meeting with alliance leaders. I noticed that a similar idea was raised at the event. Perhaps there could be some more information on whether this is a possibility for the future?

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

Post was edited 3 times, last by Mercedes ().

• Hi @Mercedes.

Those are workshop meetings where we had a dedicated person (Jay) who was responsible for keeping the notes and who did impressive work, I must say. As for the mentioned meeting, no information can be disclosed publically and no notes were ever kept.

Live web with alliance leaders of 30+ communities speaking on different languages doesn't look like something we can realistically do, I guess. Organizing it community by community might take a year and not sure that the outcome would worth the efforts, but this is something we can consider, still. There are simpler ways to discuss something what bothers leaders / players. If they want to share something, they can do it on forum openly.

Ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.

• Well done to Jay on taking such great notes, but are you actually saying that a secret meeting was held about the UK community with the UK representative and the UK community aren't allowed to know what was discussed about them? And you think that's OK? Why weren't notes kept?

Live web meetings aren't at all difficult to organise, if it would take you a year to set it up then that's a pretty good indication of how poor TG are. I could get you one set up with UK alliance leaders in a couple of days and if you knew the key people on other domains I would expect they could do the same. I don't think I've ever come across a company before that relies almost completely on unpaid volunteers as their front line of customer communications other than charities. TG is not a charity, it's a profit making company and if they are as genuine as they are claiming to be about wanting to connect with their player base then relying on the forum, which they have never paid attention to in the past, is not going to be a way forward. In my experience here, most alliance leaders avoid the forum like the plague. You might want to try to find out why?

It was TG that seemed to be wanting a more direct and open link to the community, but it seems that actually it's all pie in the sky as usual.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

• Yes, I think it's ok, since it's been private conversation requested by UK representative. We do not take notes on private conversations. I can tell you in general what was happening. We listened to UK representative, who discribed what concerns the community, we discussed possible solutions to that. Some were declined, some were accepted, some - after consideration - turned out to be impossible to implement.

Every game company more or less "relies almost completely on unpaid volunteers as their front line of customer communications", that's not something invented and supported by Travian Games solely.

We're always open to discuss things on provided platforms like forum and facebook page anytime. Live web meeting, like I said, is something that needs to be properly organized, documented, scheduled etc. We need to agree on topic and agenda etc. No, it's not something "I can collect ally leaders right now and we'll discuss something". I am not ready to tell yet whether it's possible or not, like I said, we'll consider that possibility, but currently I encourage users to use existing channels.

I'll leave opinion about TG and its relations with the customers unanswered, I am sorry, because this is the topic where we both know we never come to agreement to.

Ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.

• UK sent a representative

No community sent a representative. TG invited 10 players from several servers to hear voices from different parts of travian word, as far as I know community knowledge and community respect were among criteria, but nothing even remotely close to " a community sending a representative" happened, no vote, no nominations, not even request for suggestions. We reached to fellow players on forums and in chats to tune up with the community but that was an initiative of players invited, not a request or condition.

TG really want to get in touch with their player base

What was it this time? Another example of dry humor? Notorious sarcasm? Or do you imply that the group of players who went in Munich failed to deliver? If the later, would you care to elaborate?

live web meeting with alliance leaders

Technical side of such event is easy. I don't see workable solution for the rest. Who are the leaders invited? How many? How long would such chat last? In what time zone? Just tell please how you imaging such meeting.
    A valid point was raised by developers in Munich - everyone invited were alliance leaders and opinion of average players were not heard, I don't agree with that view but I understand the concern.

What I think should happen is on-line collaboration between TG and small groups of players on specific topics, starting with guides and judgment of bugs severity up to technical issues, we have subject experts in many areas, discussing technical side of mobile app with me is a bit pointless, for example.

• Oh get rid of some of your salt ELE, you couldn't across more pathetic if you tried. We get it, you don't like Meme and you hate people disagreeing with you. Don't you have better things to do with your life?

• Oh get rid of some of your salt ELE, you couldn't across more pathetic if you tried. We get it, you don't like Meme and you hate people disagreeing with you. Don't you have better things to do with your life?

You mean as opposed to posting on a forum for a browser game? hm.

<non uk player disagrees>
    <uk> "don't be arsey, dont be salty"
    <uk player disagrees>
    <player> "arsey? salty?"
    <uk> "yea, well, we're arsey and sarcastic. its who we are."

You guys make multitudes of sense.

..And that is the Final Word.

• Everyone here needs to grow the F up and stop spammin, since this is clearly gonna go on forever with neither side willing to let the other have the last word...

tumblr_static_85925g0bn2sckws4ks4008kk8.png

si4 2007/08 Vrba [ANCIENT]

si5 2012/13 orangutan [AK]

si2 2017/18 sph1nX / Blobfish [Midgard]

si1 2018 .iDKz! [RM]

com29 2018 sph1nX [UN-C]

com83 2018/19 Bacardi Time [DSC-IDTS]

TT Finals 2018/19 Witch King [Union]

Anglosphere6 2018/19 Fimbultyr [Bifrost]

• No no, this should continue, you obviously don't know what you're talking about iRonik. :huh:

I will take it you don't have an answer to my questions and hiding behind "sarcasm" as usual?

• I will take it you don't have an answer to my questions and hiding behind "sarcasm" as usual?

You were delightful in the Travian diary videos. Never thought you had this side to you lol :) ... Oh and Hi! We haven't met. I'm Eric :)

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

The one and only, Teutobod.

• Ele, you have been quite hostile towards people who question the Munich trip/people. You even had a problem when I made a simple joke xD
    The fact that you were there should be reason enough for you to believe TG is heading in the right direction. So why so hostile to anyone who wasn't there and questions it? In the end just answer the people since you represntatives are the best medium of communication we have had with TG in the last few years.

Peace.

They see me rolling
    They hating

• Yes but I am British, so I get to be salty. You guys don't :)

I will take it you don't have an answer to my questions and hiding behind "sarcasm" as usual?

I didn't even read your whole post because I couldn't care less about what is being said anymore. I just always see you quoting Meme and loads of exclamation marks and question marks. It doesn't take a genius to see you have a problem with her and clearly taking all criticism about the Munich event (which there is a lot of justifiable criticism) personally. Just stop. You guys got a holiday paid for and there is nothing substantial that has come for it yet. The fact that anyone believes that TG will change their ways after inviting 10 people to Munich is beyond me.

• I am not hostile toward questions or people questioning, Blaze. I don't like when people making aggressive statements or unwarranted requests though and all I asked is to clarify the reasons for the statement.

Thanks, Eric. Nice to meet you too.

I didn't even read your whole post because I couldn't care less about what is being said anymore.

Great. Lets see if anyone has anything to say for the subject, not about mine or Mercedes personality. And how about you stop telling me to stop? :D It's free world last time I checked even in UK.

• A good CM would be communicating with the lead MH would know who the alliance leaders are for their domain, that’s if they took the trouble to get to know the hidden depths of a community that rarely make it onto the forum. The problem is that there aren’t many of those around are there? We had one for the UK who was very well liked, had his finger totally on the pulse of the community and what happened to him?

But to get back to the idea of Skype meetings for alliance leaders. There are 30 or so domains. There is a CM for each one. To get each to provide the list of names (publicly announced on the forum - these can be just leader of such and such alliance) plus a time and a contact doesn’t take long, provided they know their community. If they don’t then that’s a pretty good indication of which are doing a good job or not isn’t it? If you don’t want to use Skype, there are plenty of cheap online meeting platforms like join.me. The agenda comes from a forum thread asking for questions. You schedule in an hour, post the agenda on the forum and the minutes at the end.

Most of the talk, as everyone knows, goes on in Skype or Discord. What makes it to the forum is a tiny proportion of the total. Ten players got to go to Munich and presented ideas that have been discussed both here and behind the scenes for years. All I’ve seen come out of it so far is a couple of promotional videos and some notes that could just as easily have been provided in a forum question and answer session and at much lower cost.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

Post was edited 1 time, last by Mercedes ().