Public REST API

📝Farewell to Forums📝

The forum is currently in read-only mode that will last till July 07th, 2021.

You will find news and all relevant information about the game in our Travian: Legends blog.
For live conversations and interaction with the community join us in official Travian: Legends Discord server.
  • I would like to propose a public REST API that will expose the following data:
    - Hero rankings/points
    - Attack rankings/points
    - Other statistics (e.g. WW, artis? etc)

Doing so will:
    - Eliminate the need to condone the use of bots (dummy accounts)
    - Set up a fair environment for all tool-developers

TRUMP2020

Post was edited 1 time, last by Imperian ().

• Doing so will:
    - Eliminate the need to condone the use of bots (dummy accounts)
    - Set up a fair environment for all tool-developers

Why would it change anyone's view on bots? bots have always, and will always be toxic to the game. And if we look at the bots that are specifically made for this usage, well, they arent the problem... bots that distribute troops and silver for IRL money are.

Why would we need to setup a fair environment for dev's playing the game? Or are you not playing rounds yet wanting to gather info on servers you have no impact in. In that case, why do you or your program matter. And if you are playing in the rounds you want to gather data in... what about the 95% of the player base that aren't developers. Why should you get an advantage, despite how small and irrelevant.

Lastly, a public API for the data you are requesting is completely useless. There are already 3rd party tools that parse data from game rounds to collect the info you're wanting, not to mention the in-game features available. Some of which don't use bots thanks to player contributions. If you really want to gather analytical data, put in the extra time into your code to gather that data yourself because I guarantee Travian developer's won't to do so for you.

As a developer myself, this post highly tilts me.

• Why would it change anyone's view on bots? bots have always, and will always be toxic to the game. And if we look at the bots that are specifically made for this usage, well, they arent the problem... bots that distribute troops and silver for IRL money are.
    Why would we need to setup a fair environment for dev's playing the game? Or are you not playing rounds yet wanting to gather info on servers you have no impact in. In that case, why do you or your program matter. And if you are playing in the rounds you want to gather data in... what about the 95% of the player base that aren't developers. Why should you get an advantage, despite how small and irrelevant.

Lastly, a public API for the data you are requesting is completely useless. There are already 3rd party tools that parse data from game rounds to collect the info you're wanting, not to mention the in-game features available. Some of which don't use bots thanks to player contributions. If you really want to gather analytical data, put in the extra time into your code to gather that data yourself because I guarantee Travian developer's won't to do so for you.

As a developer myself, this post highly tilts me.

I recommend not replying, certainly not with the "I am a developer"-tone, if you have no clue what you're talking about.

I will wait for a response from a Travian dev, thanks for your contribution though

• If you want a reply from TG you'll have to write an e-mail to them... :rolleyes:

The devs probably don't look on the forum as much as you'd expect, so directly contacting the HQ will give you an answer sooner. But don't be upset if your request gets rejected. If they say no they mean it, they're not obliged to explain why.

• If you really want to have a public API, why not make one yourself? Then you can include all the features you want :thumbsup:

• If you want a reply from TG you'll have to write an e-mail to them... :rolleyes:

The devs probably don't look on the forum as much as you'd expect, so directly contacting the HQ will give you an answer sooner. But don't be upset if your request gets rejected. If they say no they mean it, they're not obliged to explain why.

I have mailed several times. Never a sensible response from a developer. Not a yes, not a no.

If you really want to have a public API, why not make one yourself? Then you can include all the features you want :thumbsup:

The whole reason for asking for this API is the fact that it's illegal to obtain the information needed. I would need to use a bot account. Hence my request for an API to fetch these details legally.

TRUMP2020

• @Frisian_COM I know it’s against the terms to collect the information needed, but you could always message the people at TG and possibly make some sort of deal with them, if they are interested ^^

I’m fairly sure kirilloid has a good relationship with them, so maybe it’s worth talking with him.

• The tool you mention does not use illegal data. Using data from map.sql is all good en decent. The problem comes when you need statistical data. The only way to currently get e.g. hero experience is by breaking the rules. The tool ally-tools.com does this and it's a damn shame TG allows it to continue. It's ruining the game for those that appreciate fair play.

A REST API would make it legal and fair. That's my proposal for a "deal". Easy to implement for TG. Easy to use for others.

• No it doens't :) the hero tracking feature was removed ~2 months ago per request of the players.

Great! Better late than never :)

The feature is still a nice to have in such tools, hence the request for an API is still relevant.

TRUMP2020

• This kind of APi can be helpfull to make thirdparts tools (I prefer more information about the map) but if you want to be listened, you have to write directly to Travian Games.

And, seriously, you can be sure that you will never have any response from Travian Games.

These guys don't do anything on this game except new gold options.

Public API is a bad thing for money :D (good thing in a long term vision, but Travian Games is not able to have this kind of vision).

ps : sorry if my english is not good, I try to be better ^^

« On ne doit jamais laisser se produire un désordre pour éviter une guerre ; car on ne l'évite jamais, on la retarde à son désavantage. »

[ Nicolas Machiavel ] - Le Prince

• This thread is being closed due to the fact that it has veered very far off track and has gone over the edge.

A reminder but insulting each other is against the rules. The thread has been cleaned up as well.