Forum link bug

• There is a bug where if you put an external forum link, this becomes visible to all other players on the alliance info page. This is also invisible to anyone inside the alliance:

How it looks from inside your alliance:

How it looks to players outside of your alliance:

This means that if you have a forum with sensitive information on your alliance, this becomes visible to anyone outside of your alliance. This cannot be removed through bb codes in alliance administration as it does not show up there. This should not visible and is clearly a bug. Furthermore, it is invisible to anyone inside the alliance and, therefore, the players and leaders of that alliance are unaware that other players can read this information.

• The "to the forum" link is always invisible to members within the alliance as they can access the forum through the tabs. So the "to the forum" link is only visible to people outside the alliance. Are you saying people from outside the alliance can see all forum posts instead of just the public one?

• Nevermind, misunderstood.

RHzllUN.jpg

Thought I made it,

but I'm feeling stupid now.
    Drinking till I'm falling,

cause my mind is so polluted now.
    I just wanna be free.

• the problem is when an external forum is used...and then anyone can access this as well...

this should be an optional "tick" box so that you can exclude this from the alliance information page so that other alliances and players cannot access this

• Most of the external forums I have seen used require registration. So even though some one might be able to click to it, they need to register in order to access the forum.

• Maybe, maybe not. Either way, can I please request that it be added that we have the option to remove this link? Our alliance has a wiki that I use this to link through, which links to our chat, getters, etc. But having this publicly accessible defeats the purpose...

• I wouldn’t worry about that, you’ll get my spy when you merge with GG anyway ;)

Not a problem, my MFH spy will just tell me who they are

• Nice play cretin, you eliminated the middle man(spy). You just gave everyone on server your plans :D
    But honestly, when reading it, it did look weird why would you post that for everyone to see.
    Atleast we can now see it wasn't on purpose.

• this should be an optional "tick" box so that you can exclude this from the alliance information page so that other alliances and players cannot access this

I like the idea of a tick box. If ticked, the information before it is only visible to internal players.

That said, you could also use the public nature of your forum to your advantage... Put up false attack plans and see if your enemies are monitoring it, maybe they'll defend incorrectly as a result.

"It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA