Shall we restart US20?

• Should US20 (FaS x3) server be restarted? 72

1. No, I want server to keep running (44) 61%
    2. Yes, I want server to be restarted (28) 39%

Hi all!

Unfortunately due to some wrong settings server FaSx3, that should have started on the 5th of April at 7 pm EST, in fact started at 6 am that day.

With 900+ registered users on the server by now it's really not obvious whether we need to keep it or restart. Therefore we would really ask your opinion on that.

Would you like server to be restarted? If yes, then server will be closed and the new date will be announced (but restart can be done not earlier than Monday, 9th of April, 2018).

We understand that it will have impact on your plans. However, please, keep in mind, that with regional map late start is not totally disadvantage due to the fact that regions are opened not at the same time and not instantly.

The poll will end at 09 am UTC 6th of April (05 am EST). The decision will be based on the poll results.

Ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.

• Just woundering what gonna be diference? nothink just keep playing this server. is not big problem stop crying and keep playing. I was late for this serve as well but not crying like you baybes

• Just woundering what gonna be diference? nothink just keep playing this server. is not big problem stop crying and keep playing. I was late for this serve as well but not crying like you baybes

It's not about crying, it's about consistency...They recently restarted another server because some people had longer BP than others, the damage is even worse here...Who cares about 24 hours longer BP anyway? I would much rather prefer to be able to start 8 hours prior to the majority of the people playing, than delaying the early game action a day due to bugged BP

• Well, consistensy is good in certain situations. However, I'd say that idea of "ok, let's do this time same thing just because we want to be consistent" doesn't look like something you are generally for, Lemon. My opinion is that asking the community works better in that case.

So, the poll is closed. Therefore server will keep running as it is.

Thanks to all who gave their votes and have a nice game!

Cheers, Ameno

Ameno.png

• There are more than 72 players in the server, most of whom aren't in the forum.

I think the vote shouldn't be considered as lot of players not in the server may have voted, me included :p

The server should be restarted in my opinion.

in2. jin
    au1. rock
    com4/uk1. Moondance

• There was infobox activated to all US20 players with the link to this poll. I believe those, who wanted to vote, actually voted.

Ameno.png

• There was infobox activated to all US20 players with the link to this poll. I believe those, who wanted to vote, actually voted.

Unless 60% of server vote, it shouldn't be considered.

I hope TG bring back preregistration so that players know when the server is actually going to start.

Can you tell us why preregistration was removed?

in2. jin
    au1. rock
    com4/uk1. Moondance

• Well, consistensy is good in certain situations. However, I'd say that idea of "ok, let's do this time same thing just because we want to be consistent" doesn't look like something you are generally for, Lemon. My opinion is that asking the community works better in that case.

I honestly don't think that you as a SCM are in a position where you should comment on what individual users are generally for.

I have already shared my opinion on what should have been done in this case, but will happily explain it at the bottom of this post.

There was infobox activated to all US20 players with the link to this poll. I believe those, who wanted to vote, actually voted.

So you basically made sure the poll would get attention from people who were able to make use of the early server start?

All users who started prior to 7pm have all violated rule §4 " Errors in the game may not be abused to an account’s benefit and should be reported to the support team. The abuse of any error is punishable."

It was an error that the server started way earlier than the announced start time, ZURG and other people who reported it ingame all did the right thing, by reporting it to the support team and letting the public know.

Seeing it as we, the public can't see who voted Yes and No, I and others can't help you on this one, but I think it's a good idea for you to check how many of the accounts who voted came from accounts created yesterday, and from the same IP, as some people were telling others to create multiple forum accounts to vote. (some people have most likely even used VPNs to do it)

• rule §4 " Errors in the game may not be abused to an account’s benefit and should be reported to the support team. The abuse of any error is punishable." could also be applied to those wishing a restart to make a better account.
    72 votes have been made out of over 1,100 registered accounts on s20. problem is the poll is open to the public and not just people registered for s20.

with or without a vote, I believe a decision will be made that is both fair and equitable and takes into account that some have already bought gold on s20 and should not have that gold just disappear.

s6r2 - Vaultboy ……………………….. currently us20 Beerus
    s19 - Plague Fyre ……………………... us3 Shere Khan
    s20 - C3sar ...............……. uk3 Tantric Ritual
    s1r11 - Asmoti
    s19 - Tequila

• Keep in mind that settling strategy is quite different on F&S servers. People who started late are not necessarily at disadvantage. If my team was playing most of us would not spawn yet.

• I believe a decision will be made that is both fair and equitable and takes into account that some have already bought gold on s20 and should not have that gold just disappear.

Gold doesn't disappear when they restart servers...And you will even get back the gold you have already spent.

• If you wanted to start the server at the very start, you should have looked the entire post about the server start because there was a link to the server where it appeared the real starting hour. So the information was right and wrong, and created confusion, I agree with that. But restarting the server because a few people missed that information? Hahaha. If you really wanted to start at the very start you should have looked to the whole post.

Next time make sure when the server starts and stay tuned to the server page.

Example (ts20.travian.com):

No one violated any rule. The server started when the server page said, not what the forum said. Blame yourself for not paying attention and the admin who posted it wrong here.

157bpkj.png
    Seek the Truth, become Enlightened.

Alianzas anteriores: NameleSS, Nihlyr, ESUS, POTAS, Skynet, ES&DOTH, NAVI, COWAR

Servidores actual: PR - ??? (Soy un cagón que no identifica ficha)

• It seems on this version its a bigger advantage to start later, by the time you are ready for V2 if you start right away all you have is bad croppers to choose from cause you cant settle in these dumb regions

It is not like normal servers, it is smart to aim for a general area you are considering to move into with your spawns. For example, if you mass spawned Carthago, you would gain the UB almost right away, but this takes a lot of luck (or spawn attempts). Or say, you chose se and mass spawned Salona, that will open up Epi for small boots rather quickly.

The other advantage is, if you spawn outside the normal already unlocked spawn zones into a region still considered locked to others, unlike everyone else you are free to settle in that region yourself, so it is just you vs the few who managed to get into the same region.

However the one drawback to this map is that the water (and wilderness in desert) provides less croppers overall, especially in the SE. At least that appeared to be the case when we last played.

In any case, whether you started at very beginning or very late, sure you will compete for the few open croppers, but you may find that that the cropper you really want is still locked away.

..And that is the Final Word.

• Wouldn't preregistration take care of this issue..

Why was is removed?

Asking everyone to keep the page open in the hope that server will start is impractical.

in2. jin
    au1. rock
    com4/uk1. Moondance

• The poll was still open when users who expected to start early could register (7 pm in that case) and those players had same opportunity to vote. Anyway, decision has been made, and it won't be changed. Was it right or wrong to ask the community for their opinion or base it only on individual prospective is another topic.

Ameno.png

• The poll was still open when users who expected to start early could register (7 pm in that case) and those players had same opportunity to vote. Anyway, decision has been made, and it won't be changed. Was it right or wrong to ask the community for their opinion or base it only on individual prospective is another topic.

Can you give us the reason why preregistration was discontinued?

Every server start is getting messy because nobody knows when the server will start.

Whoever is going to Munich, ask them to bring back preregistration and to announce server schedules at least 3 weeks before server starts.

in2. jin
    au1. rock
    com4/uk1. Moondance

• Wouldn't preregistration take care of this issue..

Why was is removed?

Asking everyone to keep the page open in the hope that server will start is impractical.

There isn't preregistration anymore on any server as far as I know. At least recently there hasn't been any on the servers I've played.

But the "Countdown" as you see on the photo still exists. If you clicked the link on the post announcing the server you would have seen it.

It is not about keeping the page open, it is just opening it once to see the countdown, which is the important thing to know the real start time of the server.

Admin here on the forum made a mistake, but being active the day the server starts is also a thing.

157bpkj.png
    Seek the Truth, become Enlightened.

Alianzas anteriores: NameleSS, Nihlyr, ESUS, POTAS, Skynet, ES&DOTH, NAVI, COWAR

Servidores actual: PR - ??? (Soy un cagón que no identifica ficha)

• There isn't preregistration anymore on any server as far as I know. At least recently there hasn't been any on the servers I've played.

That's not what he asked ;)

Can you give us the reason why preregistration was discontinued?

From what I saw, apparently pre-registration can't work with the new travian homepage. So basically, because they wanted to change the looks of that, they ditched functionality - and yes, it's stupid ;)