Day 3. The Meeting Point

• Basic Clue

• 1 door with True statement
    • 1 door with False Statement
    • 1 door with Random Statement (True or False)

Answer
    here we have 6 probability to chose one of safe path (door)
    we can use truth table with assumption

A = Gold Door
    B = Silver Door
    C = Bronze Door
    1 = True Statement
    2 = False Statement
    3 = Random Statement

Probability Result Statement for (TF) Result Statement for (FT)
    A1, B2, C3 contradiction contradiction
    A1, B3, C2 contradiction contradiction
    A2, B1, C3 contradiction contradiction
    A2, B3, C1 contradiction contradiction
    A3, B1, C2 Door C (Bronze Door) contradiction
    A3, B2, C1 contradiction contradiction

from truth table we can got probability with assumption Door Gold is Random Statement, Silver Door with True Statement and Bronze Door with False Statement, give us direction to safe path that is Bronze Door :thumbup:

Good Luck Have Fun!
    *if u have any question about my answer you can send me DM

Thanks
    Riki!

• Bronze Door guide to the safe path.

Golden Door
    1. T= This is not the safe path.
    2. F= The safe path is NOT through the silver door.

Silver Door : both are TRUE
    1. T= The gold door is not the safe path.
    2. T= The bronze door is the safe path.

Bronze Door : both are FALSE
    1. F= This is not the safe path.
    2. F= The safe path is NOT through the gold door.

• There are Six probabilities here, (G = Gold/S = Silver/B = Bronze/T = Truth/F = False/R = Random)
    1) G = T; S = F; B = R
    2) S = T; G =R ;B = F
    3) B = T; G = F;S = R
    4) G = T; S = R; B = F
    5) S = T; G = F; B = R
    6) B = T; S = F; G = R

I will spare you the analysis and give you the results :
    1) Is impossible because the results are contradictory in the Truth/False statements (For example : If two guys say the same thing, either both are correct or both are wrong, you can't say one is wrong and one is correct.=
    5) Is also impossible because the results are contradictory in the Truth/False Statements

3) and 4) are not contradictory in their Truth/False Statements but when you mix the results with the Random results, it becomes contradictory.

That leaves us with 2) and 6). What 2 tells you in summary : Gold is not safe/Silver and Bronze are safe.
    6 Tells you : Bronze is not safe/Gold and Silver are safe.

By Process of elimination (and hopefully wanting to have the highest odds of survivability) The safe path (if not at least the Safest among the paths) is the SILVER Path

• The safe path is through the silver door.

HockeyRat77
    FIRE AND SAND X3 International server

• Silver door's safe

Onwards, onwards into destruction
    We must live untill we die
    Humans don't belong in the sky
    So the lord in Heaven calls
    his sons to the wind
    Bring me this human child

• I'm not going to answer on COM, since I'm not currently playing a COM server. But I am going to point out the same logic flaw for Day 2 as I did on the US forum. Perhaps it will be noticed.

On another note, I want to address something on the previous day. I forgot to respond to it, so I don't expect anything for being late. But I do feel obligated to point out a logic flaw when I see one.

You claim you can solve the riddle by using the third and fourth statements to show that Amizi is a priestess either way. This is false. The fourth statement is "If Amizi is a priestess, so am I." IF Statements do require both parts to be true in order to be true. However, if the first part is not true, the second part doesn't matter. The second half of the statement does not affect the first. Basically, the first part of an IF Statement is the Logic Test. The second part relies on whether the Logic Test is true or false. Meaning that this statement cannot prove Amizi is a priestess, since "If Amizi is a priestess, so am I" does not equal "If Nefertari is a priestess, so is Amizi."

In reality, you use the third statement "If I am not a priestess, then Amizi is a priestess, but not Phoeba." and the fourth statement "If Amizi is a priestess, so am I." to prove that Nefertari is a priestess. This is because the third statement says that Amizi must be one if Nefertari is not, and the fourth statement says Nefertari must be one if Amizi is. So if Nefertari is not, then Amizi is, therefore Nefertari is, because Amizi is. But this only proves Nefertari to be a priestess, not Amizi.

Because of this, there is no way to actually prove whether or not the other three are priestesses. The only one you can actually prove is Nefertari, which denounces the third statement. Then you simply have to guess for the other three. If you guess that Amizi is, then statements one and two make Bennu and Phoeba priestesses. If you guess that Amizi isn't, then you move on and the first statement becomes unused. If you guess Bennu is but Amizi is not, then Phoeba can't be one due to the second statement. If you guess Bennu isn't as well, then you move on and the second statement becomes unused. After that, you can guess either for Phoeba.

The end results is four possible answers to the problem.

Answer one: Nefertari = Y, Amizi = Y, Bennu = Y, Phoeba = Y

Answer two: Nefertari = Y, Amizi = N, Bennu = Y, Phoeba = N

Answer three: Nefertari = Y, Amizi = N, Bennu = N, Phoeba = Y

Answer four: Nefertari = Y, Amizi = N, Bennu = N, Phoeba = N

In order to fix this logic flaw and prove that Amizi is also a priestess, you have to change the fourth statement to read "If I am a priestess, so is Amizi." As you claimed it was in the solution.

• BRONZE DOOR is the safe path into the pyramid.

GOLD DOOR SILVER DOOR BRONZE DOOR
    This is not the safe path( correct) The gold door is not the safe path.(correct) This is not the safe path.(wrong)
    The safe path is through the silver door.(wrong) The bronze door is the safe path.(correct) The safe path is through the gold door.(wrong)
  • This is a solution (there should only be one!?)

The first statement on the Gold Door is True
    The second statement on the Gold Door is False

Both statements on the Silver Door are True

Both statements on the Bronze Door are False

So: The safe path is through the Bronze Door.

Teebles (ts29)

• This is not the safe path. TRUE
    The safe path is through the silver door. FALSE

The gold door is not the safe path. TRUE
    The bronze door is the safe path. TRUE

This is not the safe path. FALSE
    The safe path is through the gold door. FALSE

Bronze Door

Pasgloop / ts80