What happened to the UK forum

• And a second reminder that this thread is about what happened to the UK forums. Please try to stay on topic.

It went massively downhill due to poor leadership and lack of direction by the company and the staff it employs.

Covers your 2nd point, not sure about the 1st

This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

• Well, my first venture onto the forum for over a year and I recognise very few names. I see that there is still no UK representation on Travian Crew but that the instigator of both Meme's and my removal has gone!!
    I also noted that there are no longer UK servers but Anglosphere...

What has happened in the last 15 months ???

Following community pressure, UK, US and AU/NZ/IN domains were merged into an all encompassing 'Anglosphere'. Our 4 previous domains now play on the same servers and share the same embassies.

Much how it was discussed it was going to be a year ago.

You are plain wrong about the representation. A significant portion of the crew overall are UK or European based - an amount that eclipses both the US and AU/NZ/IN. The forum team itself is 2 Euro, 2 US, 2 AU/NZ/IN.

If there is any previous domain that is highly under-represented overall, it is India followed by AU/NZ.

The events of 15 months ago are not the events of now. Just because you have your own view of back then does not mean it is shared.

Believe it or not, things have been progressive.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

• A significant portion of the crew overall are UK or European based - an amount that eclipses both the US and AU/NZ/IN. The forum team itself is 2 Euro, 2 US, 2 AU/NZ/IN.

If there is any previous domain that is highly under-represented overall, it is India followed by AU/NZ.

There are no UK based crew on the forum, the European crew you mention are Norwegian and Swedish, both countries don't have English as a first language and both countries domains aren't even included in Anglosphere. I've got no reason to complain myself though, I was just pointing out that Scandinavia is not the same as the UK.

• There are no UK based crew on the forum, the European crew you mention are Norwegian and Swedish, both countries don't have English as a first language and both countries domains aren't even included in Anglosphere. I've got no reason to complain myself though, I was just pointing out that Scandinavia is not the same as the UK.

Lads lads lads lads lads

Final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    Final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale #3 off (PoweR)
    Final 2019 - Penguin Party (PoweR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Anglo6 R1- Mimer (Bifrost)
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth #2 Def (Midgård)
    Anglo6 - Magikarp (Pokédex)
    Active -
    Com2 - Set (Duat)

• LOL, believe it or not, I don't believe you. I was a UK Mod, from the UK before I was unfairly removed from travian crew and looking at the current crew list, there is no representation for the UK. I was part of the UK team for almost a decade and saw many changes in that time, not all for the better. I am pleased to see one change on the forum though.

• The Anglo crew is composed of the forum crew and the MH/Support crew. You know, everyone with a crew tag...

Of the crew (i.e. combined), the majority began on the UK domain. Of the forum crew, there are 2 US (1 has tended their resignation), 2 Europeans and 2 from AU/NZ/IN. Despite your objections to the contrary, UK based staff (read: forum and MH /support) outnumber the rest. Whether they post on the forum and hence are visible to you is a different matter.

As for me using the term European, is the demographic 'UK' defined as of being a native UK domain poster or someone who is a citizen of the UK?

I distinctly recall a UK smod being from Denmark and it not being an issue. I distinctly recall a Dane being chosen to be representative of the UK domain for the Legends on Tour event and it not being an issue.

To show how far we've come, I distinctly recall a US based poster being nominated via everyone across the 4 domains (i.e. includes the UK too) which now comprise the Anglosphere not being an issue.

As for who you are, I am distinctly aware. I have been staff on and off for a decade myself. I was here. I had the pleasurable job of dealing with the crap that followed as a result of this thread and the attitudes expoused within. There was 15 months of harrassment and abuse from certain forum goers that picked up where this started and decided to instead turn it into personal vendetta. People who used the flag of 'muh forum' to get away with actions even you would have decried.

I recently tended my resignation of my own volition after those personal vendettas of utterly toxic individuals were rewarded over the actions of the combined staff across multiple domains (Anglosphere and Com).

So you can take your discrimination, hypocrisy and malarkey and kindly place it where the sun don't shine because you're encouraging the same thing you're having your own personal pity party over.

There's no reason the Community Managers can't be approached by anyone and asked if one can help the community via modding.

If you don't like the mix as it currently stands, urge your friends to step up rather than trying to tear everything back down again because your poor feelings were hurt by someone who isn't here anymore. Better yet, ask yourself whether you can help out again.

The forum has moved on, even if you haven't.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

• The forum team itself is 2 Euro, 2 US, 2 AU/NZ/IN.

There are no UK based crew on the forum, the European crew you mention are Norwegian and Swedish

The Anglo crew is composed of the forum crew and the MH/Support crew. You know, everyone with a crew tag...

Just for clarity, you were the one talking about our two nice europeans specifically with regard to the forum, so don't go changing the goal posts to include MHs and put a sarcastic comment after it as if i am the one who does not understand the conversation

• A significant portion of the crew overall are UK or European based - an amount that eclipses both the US and AU/NZ/IN. The forum team itself is 2 Euro, 2 US, 2 AU/NZ/IN.

Bolded for emphasis. :huh:

Jonothan Crane wrote:

• This thread is old and outdated and should just be closed.

• Bolded for emphasis. :huh:

what's your point? Do you need me to put in bold that I said there are no UK crew in the forum? I made no mention of overall crew. I obviously unwittingly walked into an old argument you had with someone else, but now you seem determined to pick an argument with me for some reason. If you hadn't have made a sarcastic comment, I wouldn't have even bothered replying. Your argument that the UK is represented and Australia is not, is nonsense. The question, and indeed the thread, was about the forum. Just try asking a UK multi hunter about the forum and then tell me the UK is adequately represented in the forum.

• I obviously unwittingly walked into an old argument you had with someone else

Then let's leave it here. :)

I agree with Mercedes that this thread should be closed.

Jonothan Crane wrote: