What happened to the UK forum

• Because you're still here, using the service and buying gold, so their income hasn't changed and they have no incentive to change anything

Don't pay to use the forum, which I believe is what SR is talking about. The complaint isn't to do with the game aspect (although there is plenty wrong with that) but with the forum management.

• Not sure if you're serious with that answer.

Dissatisfaction leads to core people leaving the game, thus reducing the revenue of Travian GmbH. You might think it's just one person now, but can things could escalate quite fast.

As far as I know -SR is in the top percentage of gold buyers on UK forum. If people like him haven't stopped buying then travian's revenue hasn't decreased, so no incentive to change anything

Don't pay to use the forum, which I believe is what SR is talking about. The complaint isn't to do with the game aspect (although there is plenty wrong with that) but with the forum management.

See above. The forum is consequential of the game.

• In the morning I will be requesting my account to be closed and for all posts made from it to be removed, including all the posts made in the HoF with the last few months updates.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh OK then. I’ll exercise my female prerogative and change my mind. Saturday was a bad day and I was feeling very grumpy with the world.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mercedes ().

• Re the gold element - having seems just how much gold other domains use on the average player (Denmark for example) I doubt the U.K. is considered a big earner.

Thus the collective opinion of the U.K. holds much less weight in the decision making process.

• I am going to throw this out there - maybe the reason why HQ does not listed to some people is like this - and imagine this as a possible scenario, not what I personally think is actually happening:

HQ: OK we need to implement something to improve UK forum, people are not happy
    CM: OK, how about we bring on a new Mod who might be better
    HQ: Is this realistic
    CM: Don't know but worth a try
    CM introduces new mod
    Several people instantly post very negative things without even giving the person a chance
    CM: feedback is these people are just hostile to staff as they did not even give the person a chance
    HQ: not our fault then

Now, this acknowledges that many, many, many, of the issues that have been raised have not been addressed. But I think we all know that the QC process at TG is fairly flawed and that information does not travel perfectly from the game, forum or support to the devs. So, I think the best we can do is try to make sure that information is passed along in a coherent manner (e.g. Lemon => HQ - and we can all blame him if he just boozes up and doesn't do his job), because at the core of it you have to admit just creating a new thread to troll the staff is not working.

• I think that's a very one dimensional analysis of the situation and presumes that most of us felt that there was a lot wrong with the UK forum and those who ran it before?

Why would a business assume there's an issue with a product without doing sufficient market research and introduce an untested solution. What led TG to believe that the improvement it sought to make would be best facilitated by the introduction of TK and co to our domain in lieu of actual UK players? What functionality has the new crew introduced that the old crew wasn't doing better?

I have given TK a chance, and repeatedly I've found him to be incompetent in the number of mistakes I spot in his posts, the way in which he deals with UK forum users and his sheer inability to actually provide an answer to even the most basic of queries.

To me the point you've made, Cretin, is based entirely on unlikely suppositions. And I do appreciate what's happening now is not working, which is why I've specifically asked how else we need to express ourselves for TG to consider making a change. I appreciate the tone is quite mocking, but it's a genuine question.

• You are absolutely correct, but I believe that HQ don't know what they are doing in general.

I won't be able to specifically discuss the issues we are experiencing here on the UK domain (unless there's a bit of free time), but shouldn't be an issue really, as the main problem is at HQ and not at the UK staff.

I believe that the main problem is that TG don't know how to or are too scared to communicate with us. They think that we are the issue, and not themselves. It's no secret that they don't like to talk about their own mistakes in public, but seriously? Blame a community that was running just fine 6 months ago? Just because you don't know how to handle it.

Anyway...I would like to have the discussion about the issues in HQ with the people in Munich before we have an open discussion about it here on the forum..But something we can talk about are some of changes we have experienced here on the UK domain in the most recent months.

We got a new CM, wuuuhuuu!

I don't think there's anything wrong with Templar Knight, as he is just doing what he is told to. We were just used to a CM who was interacting with the community way more than what he is doing.

There was no official announcement when Dario and Templar Knight both joined the UK/US domains, which meant I chose to announce it instead...Why was such a major change to the communities never officially announced? Scared of a backlash from the communities? Letting regular users announce it instead only makes it worse.

UK Gold Price Increase

Didn't help the situation, but nothing to do with staff really.

Removal of 2 SMods

The 2 UK specific SMods were removed as there apparently were some internal issues, we will never know what happened behind the scenes, so not much to talk about really, as we don't know who made the decision to sack them.

Wolves versus Villagers

We were used to have a MOD moderate each round, but there were no active mods left, so a new one from another domain was recruited, worked out really well for a few rounds, the mod even hosted an amazing round themself!

After that round we experienced that the mod tried to censor some things, and 2 comments from me were apparently enough to make the mod rage quit the round. (Kinda proud of that one myself)

A New Forum Was Created

After we lost the ability to use the host account here on forum, @Mercedes pulled a few strings and got a new forum up and running within a few days of setting it up, well done to all that helped get it up and running :thumbsup:

It was then decided to keep the forum to host WvV and therefor not directly compete with the official one, and the people behind it chose to keep it non profit, so it would be able to comply with the fan site policies. Not like all the public Travian tools that drown you in ads, to make money.

MOD Yowie arrived

Once again, no announcement, other than the one from me.

Congrats to him for joining the team, and I hope he has a great time!

But I seriously don't understand why all the mods have to moderate UK, US and COM, the domains are all different and need to be treated differently, some words are normal to use in English (British) while they aren't allowed in English (US), not sure why we on UK need to adjust to a US vocabulary instead of what we are used to.

Please assign mods to separate domain as most volunteers won't be able to understand the difference.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lemon: Fixing typos ().

• Good post Lem, agree with most of the points. But I disagree that you think TK isn't a problem. He may be doing what he is told and he may not have asked to be put in the position he is, but at the end of the day, he is. Not only is he in a CM position for the UK, he is doing a extremely sub-par job, as evident from all the complaints starting when TK was brought it.

My main issue is that fact that the UK domain is now being run exclusively by non-UK residents and natives. Yes, we speak the "same" language as the US and AU, but there are cultural subtleties that UK natives are privy too and can pick up on that the current crew cannot. This was fine and well when we had the Meme and Cali SMods accounts on the crew, and people actually liked Meme and Cali. Hence removing them with zero acknowledgement or respect was only going to alienate the crew even more. Is it so hard to have UK representatives for a UK forum?

With all due respect Lemon, and I trust you will represent us well in Munich, you are Danish and you have been selected by a US CM to speak for the UK forum, is it only me that thinks this is a bit crazy? Anyway, I think that TK needs to either step down for a UK CM to come in or he needs to find himself some UK native mods, as he is as culturally blind as a metaphorical bat.

• With all due respect Lemon, and I trust you will represent us well in Munich, you are Danish and you have been selected by a US CM to speak for the UK forum, is it only me that thinks this is a bit crazy?

Is it ok to be half-Jewish or do you need to proof pure blood-line to Windsors as well? Or proof of residence is enough? As far as I know people from many different nationalities call uk domain home. What does it have to do with a passport?

The post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• Is it ok to be half-Jewish or do you need to proof pure blood-line to Windsors as well? Or proof of residence is enough? As far as I know people from many different nationalities call uk domain home. What does it have to do with a passport?

I think you misinterpret my point. At no point did I say Lemon was a bad choice, I was using it as an example to emphasise my point.

• You are absolutely correct, but I believe that HQ don't know what they are doing in general.
    I won't be able to specifically discuss the issues we are experiencing here on the UK domain (unless there's a bit of free time), but shouldn't be an issue really, as the main problem is at HQ and not at the UK staff.

Why won't you be able to talk about major issues with the UK forum? You are there for 3 days! Put your issues on the agenda rather than blindly agreeing to a proposed agenda otherwise there is no point going as you do not understand, or are too immature to be attending such a meeting. You were invited to a meeting - not summoned to a meeting with your superior to smile and nod.

• Why won't you be able to talk about major issues with the UK forum? You are there for 3 days! Put your issues on the agenda rather than blindly agreeing to a proposed agenda otherwise there is no point going as you do not understand, or are too immature to be attending such a meeting. You were invited to a meeting - not summoned to a meeting with your superior to smile and nod.

I’m going to answer this. I think Lemon should, but like a lot of us, I think he finds it hard to stand up for himself where it really counts and this was quite a personal and harsh slam. I was also in a chat room with a few of the invitees to Munich so I’ve a fair idea of how this is going.

First of all, I think the intention to talk to the community and get their input was a good one, however, the person running this had very specific ideas about what they wanted to obtain from it, that didn’t necessarily coincide with what the people invited wanted. The game has a number of communities across a lot of domains. Each domain has very different ideas about how they would like the game to run.

Lemon asked for the issues with the UK forum to be added to the agenda. Bearing in mind that other domains like .de have also had some big issues with crew recently, and other domains haven’t had the same issues, the response Lemon got was that this wasn’t something that could go on the agenda as it was specific to one small domain and didn’t affect the others. He was offered the opportunity to have a chat about it over a coffee break.

This is the first time TG have ever run anything like this. Many of us have tried in various ways to get our opinions up the ladder for years. Like some have suggested, maybe this is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, but it’s the first time I have ever known TG to make any serious attempt to communicate with the community, so hopefully this may have some impact before it’s too late.

In the years I have played this game I have seen far too many good people ousted because they told the truth too forcefully, went against the party line or said what needed to be said. I’ve never seen a commercial company so out of touch with their customer base or so unwilling to listen to them. For a head of customer management to tell a player that she was too busy/important to talk to players beggars belief, but it’s how this company runs.

This is a great game, which is why we all still play it despite all the issues. I just wish any other company but TG were running it. Don’t blame Lemon though, he’s done an amazing job and has fought and argued for weeks to try to get what he thinks the community wants on the agenda. I couldn’t think of anyone better to represent us.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

• This is why the community managers role is somewhat redundant, none of them are going to rock the boat and put themselves at risk.

They don't represent the community (well not the uk one anyway) they are there to tow the party line and suppress any dissent.

I think the other reality is that in the scheme of things the UK domain is somewhat insignificant, what's the average uk server these days? 100-150 players come end game from memory, I'm guessing less since the 3 years since I last played.

This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

• Yeah but 150 of those will be bots or multis

This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

• I think the other reality is that in the scheme of things the UK domain is somewhat insignificant, what's the average uk server these days? 100-150 players come end game from memory, I'm guessing less since the 3 years since I last played.

I actually disagree, mainly with criteria you are using. We are not talking about UK domain, we are talking about UK forum community. I have never played on uk but there were quite a few informative links to uk forum, the only place I learn more from is ru forums, but this is not an option for most. The value of the community created by old crew was bigger than domain itself, that should be taken as an example instead of setting it straight.