UK 3x F&S - Discussion Thread

• Interesting views,
    The game of travain was build around the basic idea of WW . All the other things, the whole game is build on this basic foundation. Once they removed WW out of equation, they actually changed the whole idea. you can not insure full length server with current scenario. there is no end goal. No motivation to stay till the end.

Plus the amount of gold involved in this version, make it really non playable.

The rest what ever leverage you give to the noobs they will always remain noob. veteran team players knows how to adopt accordingly.

I personally don;t consider it travain. its not travain.

UK3: White Walker

UK2: White Walker

Anglo2: Walker

Anglo1: Walker

• Regarding the draft, it's not that simple. Loyalty is going long way in this game, many have long history. If I were to pick I know my only goal would be to get my whole team, I would not care how good are the "outsiders", as a player I would simple quit if I got picked by "wrong" leader, definitely will never be able to play against certain accounts.

Regarding regions on special servers, I asked in Munich if they considered random (or somehow else new each server) distribution of regional power. Apparently, the power assigned to at least some regions has historical meaning, which I have no clue about and don't really care in this particular case, but developers do. Does anyone see historical connection to the powers and feel it is needed?

Post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• Historical connection?? 8o what a load of crock lol, the names are historical but the artefacts no way are they historical. I can maybe see some connections like bagacum (aka the lowlands) had a great diet which makes some sense as the area is arable however that doesn't explain why Jerusalem region gets unique diet. Using historical accuracy in travian is flawed as this isn't some sort of historical simulation game, I don't remember learning in school that the Romans train troops in 1 minute and I definitely have not heard of Caesar walking into a treasury and coming out with x-ray vision (unique eyes).

UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab. COMx - Darth Jar-Jar. ASx(1) - Mikle. AngloNYS5x(1) - Doner Kebab

Discord: Daniel#7855

Post was edited 1 time, last by Yowie ().

• Regarding the draft, it's not that simple. Loyalty is going long way in this game, many have long history. If I were to pick I know my only goal would be to get my whole team, I would not care how good are the "outsiders", as a player I would simple quit if I got picked by "wrong" leader, definitely will never be able to play against certain accounts.

Regarding regions on special servers, I asked in Munich if they considered random (or somehow else new each server) distribution of regional power. Apparently, the power assigned to at least some regions has historical meaning, which I have no clue about and don't really care in this particular case, but developers do. Does anyone see historical connection to the powers and feel it is needed?

I agree. The chances of leak will always be high as well.

Regarding the regions. The only historically accurate part I've noticed is the regions (area) and the Guards in them (the 400-800 pop villas on the map which you can't attack and are named roman gaurd/Teuton guard/Gaul guard) as the tribe of the guard identifies which tribe had which region in their times.

For the Arti effect I would have to agree with the dude with Selena as his dp. Don't see any significance.

They see me rolling
    They hating

• I agree. The chances of leak will always be high as well.
    Regarding the regions. The only historically accurate part I've noticed is the regions (area) and the Guards in them (the 400-800 pop villas on the map which you can't attack and are named roman gaurd/Teuton guard/Gaul guard) as the tribe of the guard identifies which tribe had which region in their times.

For the Arti effect I would have to agree with the dude with Selena as his dp. Don't see any significance.

lol I have been meaning to change my DP since it was set, this was literally the only photo on my pc that wasn't a meme or something really odd :rolleyes: on a side note, are you the Blaze who was the Blaze account on uk29? I'm not on there but I have friends who are and they were telling me about the server and they said that there was the number 1 account called Blaze that literally dissapeared overnight I can't remember when this was, maybe a month ago but I'm just wondering if it was you, what happened? :)

UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab. COMx - Darth Jar-Jar. ASx(1) - Mikle. AngloNYS5x(1) - Doner Kebab

• Lol ye was me.
    Fight with duals, me handling 18-20h a day even tho 7 people on acc. And returning back to staving troops and etc. Acc couldn't be handled for the 6h a day I wasn't there. So I quit trying and went afk.
    Would've been 300k crop consumption at artis. Which to me seemed like decent numbers for Arti launch on a slow server.

They see me rolling
    They hating

• Historical connection?? 8o what a load of crock lol, the names are historical but the artefacts no way are they historical. I can maybe see some connections like bagacum (aka the lowlands) had a great diet which makes some sense as the area is arable however that doesn't explain why Jerusalem region gets unique diet. Using historical accuracy in travian is flawed as this isn't some sort of historical simulation game, I don't remember learning in school that the Romans train troops in 1 minute and I definitely have not heard of Caesar walking into a treasury and coming out with x-ray vision (unique eyes).

Well the Uniques are obviously in areas considered of great importance.

Jerusalem - Land of Milk and Honey, Promised Land with great fertility, also place of Last Supper
    Sparta - Definitely unique training methods
    Carthage/o - Extensive road system extending through most of Africa and Mediteranean and a vital trade hub. sidenote: I would've figured Athens as a better choice for UB (it has Marathon), but I guess the proximity to Delphi made it a poor choice from a game balance point of view.
    Treverorum(Trier) - Naturally fortified by mountain barriers, had the most heavily fortified gate of its time (Porta Nigra), and also had a number of architectural marvels including an amphitheater and basilica.
    Londinium - While it was no doubt an important city in Roman Britain, I can't really relate it to anything with unique confusion. It was razed at least once and rebuilt to eventually become our modern London (which had even more fires)..
    Ravenna - Capital of Western Roman Empire, like above, i can't really associate it with the Unique Eyes, other than it had a lighthouse built similarly like the Pharos and was a harbor for the imperial fleet.
    Delphi - Unique Fool, Delphi Oracle of course

..And that is the Final Word.

• I must applaud your historical knowledge I had no idea of those things the most historical thing I know about Sparta is 300 but that is a film 8|:rolleyes:

• Londinium - While it was no doubt an important city in Roman Britain, I can't really relate it to anything with unique confusion. It was razed at least once and rebuilt to eventually become our modern London (which had even more fires)..

Only thing I can think of is Boudicca's army getting absolutely smashed close to London by the Romans (very few Roman losses, very large Keltic losses).

I must applaud your historical knowledge I had no idea of those things the most historical thing I know about Sparta is 300 but that is a film

All male citizens of Sparta were subject to "agoge" (roughly translated to upbringing/training). That is, all the males that were deemed fit, and not killed at birth for being too weak.

From age 5-7, they were taken away from their families and brought up with other males, and trained for military combat (mostly pain enducrance), but also singing, dancing, playing music, sports and similar.

Most other polies (city-states) had something kinda similar (i.e. semi-public education for male citizens), but nothing as rigorous and strict as Sparta.

(in general for the cities other than Sparta, the goal was to create ideal citizens through "paideia" - the right education and training (the word "pedagogy" comes from this)).

The movie is in fact in parts fairly close to historical sources (but obviously not everywhere).

• Only thing I can think of is Boudicca's army getting absolutely smashed close to London by the Romans (very few Roman losses, very large Keltic losses).

I thought she did the smashing (at least at first) killed 80k, including razed Londinium. Her army was later stopped by Paulinus when he finally arrived but only after Queen B sacked 3 cities. But yeah, Paulinus's army was fewer in numbers and still managed to massacre her army with some strategic moves.

..And that is the Final Word.

• Can people just stop playing, so we all can go inactive and enjoy the lovely weather? Thanks

#BuffHunWall

• Woah lol, this server is still got activity?!?!? Awesome lol

• Well the Uniques are obviously in areas considered of great importance....

Was just about to whip out my cultural e-peen too but you beat me to the punch

I agree with Lemon, can we just declare this server dead on arrival(of 90s) and enjoy the nice weather?

Legend says if you whisper his name three times, he will appear

Tip
    Tap
    Tip
    Tap

Sup son

• For some reason Vicious is kicking out anyone that knows me from the alliance, feels a bit paranoid. But you never know who the creep in the tree is that supposely spy I guess. :S

cash me ousside, how bout dat?

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg