Farm list a version off

• As I’ve said, I apologise again if I caused any offence. I was waiting for a mod to come online and to remove those comments from me.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

• The comments were removed per @Mercedes request. And a reminder to everyone posting to please keep it polite.

Several posts are currently disabled due to the insulting nature or that is how they come across. I am waiting on someone else to read them to get a second opinion on them. Once the second person has read them, they will either be enabled, edited or removed.

• As I’ve said, I apologise again if I caused any offence. I was waiting for a mod to come online and to remove those comments from me.

No worries. Being critical is fine, but I think it was done on wrong merrits this time around, thus (at least with specifically these arguments) discrediting people wrongly. I didn't take any offense though ;)

Just as Lemon was wrongly discredited for only caring about the forum and not the game itself, which is what I reacted to :p

• Can I ask what was found offensive or even remotely offensive in my post?
    Cause I haven’t received a pm about any removed post so I therefore assume it is under investigation for being offensive?
    Seems like my place of birth is offensive so better just delete my forum account rather than delete everything I post.

• Hello Everyone

This thread is not about the Danes so those were removed and the post asking what is wrong with Danes was removed since it had no reference now.

Many players in this thread reported Trouble for belittling and insulting others.
    Based on the posts the actual attack began from someone else directed at Trouble. So the belittling and insults were directed at him first.
    So if you report other players make sure your hands are clean.

If you do not like what others post you are allowed to debate it but do not attack the posters and then report them as the bad person.

The thread has been cleaned and removals/edits where needed. We have given no warnings but if the insults and attacks continue then we will.

:|

• Such a good job done cleaning this quote TK..
    Are you even paying attention?

• Well I’m sorry for being a bit harsh but it was me and people from my country who the insults where aimed at, and then I see you post the thread has been cleaned, but all I see is my complaints removed and the real problem still spitting in my face. Wouldn’t you feel wronged too, if you where in my shoes?

• This thread was full of it from both sides.

I do understand and we are dealing with it.
    Your reports were not just dismissed without something being done though so never feel that way.

I am happy it was quoted though. Good to know where we stand. Have to admit that this is totally unexpected turn.

• His post was literally the first post with anything inflammatory.
    but o-k

The post that started it has already been removed so you cannot see who actually started it.

I will say it was not Trouble who started the attacks and leave it at that.

• The post that started it has already been removed so you cannot see who actually started it.
    I will say it was not Trouble who started the attacks and leave it at that.

Unless im missing something his post that started with
    "Automated wave sending should happen."

was his first and had inflammatory remarks, you'll have to enlighten me again TK but how can commenters on a thread insult someone that hasnt commented yet?

Legend says if you whisper his name three times, he will appear

Tip
    Tap
    Tip
    Tap

Sup son

• i saw someone getting dislike on his post.. on first page :P read couple of lines and decided to dislike and comment.. afterall travian is for keyboard warrior :P lets fight who type most stupid words :3

• I am happy it was quoted though. Good to know where we stand. Have to admit that this is totally unexpected turn.

And yet again, I apologise for any remarks that caused offence. That's three public apologies now, how many would you like?

Stand out Award 2017 UK

• You were there yourself lol ;) You know full well that we separated BB's project from the general points about the game that were of most concern. You still have acces to the draft I wrote, if you forgot what the points were - though from what I gathered, they were much in concord with what you felt yourself (and even partially based on points you put forward here on this forum).

I'm sorry, I haven't seen it. I'd like to read it though if you would be willing to share it?

There was one point where there was a clash where you made the same statement about elitism, but I think the issue was a more of a misunderstanding of tone/lost in translation sort of thing rather than a question of elitism, and you even got an apology for it from the person who "attacked" you.

I don't ever remember thinking someone "attacked" me personally, just that some of the tournament players were suggesting that smaller domains like UK had players who weren't up to the standard of Tournament and Com players and I felt this belittled people like myself who prefer to play those smaller domains. I do also remember that the person making that remark apologised. Water under the bridge.

After you left, we've actually been discussing how to help new players quite a bit. It's hard to come up with the perfect solution though. But some of the things we discussed were:

• Making separate beginner servers (not really feasible, since some experienced players could still join to smash noobs (sadly there are those who would do something like that...)).
    • A tutoring system sanctioned by TG, possibly with mentors picked by TG themself (good teams will usually teach new players a lot about the game, but that is solely based on the teams/players themselves).
    • An interactive and more extensive tutorial, catered towards new players (experienced players should be able to skip it) - not necesarilly with rewards like the task master... But for example, to help new players avoid becoming farms the tutorial would pop up and give tips when the player had incoming raids and so on, if under repeated attacks, stressing the importance of settling a secondary village (possibly away from danger) and how to train settlers without losing them/resources and the likes.
    • A newbie zone where new players could learn to sim up their accounts and other basics without being mass-raided as soon as they leave BP.
    • Making a new beginner's protection/extension of it that would only allow raids/a limited amount of raids against the account, until the account reaches a certain threshold - a certain number of pop/villages, sending a normal attack or similar.

These were just some of the things that were brought up, and obviously most of them have downsides too... But we are aware of the issue... I actually think most people in the room have taken up mentoring new players in their own team plenty of times.

Plenty of people outside the room have mentored new players too, but the Guides were important to me when I was learning the game and I think it's a shame that there hasn't been any incentive from TG to keep them up to date.

From your list
    1. Separate beginners servers - as you say - not feasible and impossible to police.
    2. A tutoring system - There used to be supporters who fulfilled a similar role but they disappeared a while ago.
    3. A more interactive tutoring system would require lots more coding wouldn't it? And so lot's more potential for bugs? Other than that it seems a good idea.
    4. Same as point one, I don't see how this could be policed. To some extent TG have already tried to help with the extended BP>
    5. The raiders wouldn't like this one, for fairly obvious reasons.

Man Jesus said 77^^^

Pffft.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

• And yet again, I apologise for any remarks that caused offence. That's three public apologies now, how many would you like?

None :) I did not get offended, got informed and prefer to be informed, so all good.

• None :) I did not get offended, got informed and prefer to be informed, so all good.

Cool, then if you read the PM I sent you, you will be even more informed and hopefully all understood and sorted :)

Stand out Award 2017 UK

• I'm sorry, I haven't seen it. I'd like to read it though if you would be willing to share it?

It's on the sub-forum you provided for us ;)

I don't ever remember thinking someone "attacked" me personally, just that some of the tournament players were suggesting that smaller domains like UK had players who weren't up to the standard of Tournament and Com players and I felt this belittled people like myself who prefer to play those smaller domains. I do also remember that the person making that remark apologised. Water under the bridge.

Well now I am confused. I'm refering to the chat with Me, Lemon, ELE, BB, Schmitz katze and a few others, that doesn't have any tourney players in it - and I thought you were too. I'm not in the chat solely for participants (non-tourney and tourney players together), and I didn't think you were either. None of the people in that chat play on the tourney servers, and they were even belittled and lectured by some tourney and speed players in the other chatroom.

Plenty of people outside the room have mentored new players too, but the Guides were important to me when I was learning the game and I think it's a shame that there hasn't been any incentive from TG to keep them up to date.

Oh, my point wasn't a counter-point to the guide thingy. I agree it would be neat to have updated guides, especially catered towards new players.

It was just because you said we only cared about a small elite... So I pointed out that we were actually very concerned with new players and discussed how the game could be made easier for them to get into.

Yep, as said, there are issues with all of them. Please feel free to come up with additional ideas if you have any.

For the last point: well, as I said, we weren't set on what exactly the limit should be for interaction with the account. Maybe it could be that the village could be raided like normally, but at least it couldn't be catad - so a new player would be able to hide his res and train settlers, without having his residence and village catad because the village doesn't give res for the raider... And then when he settled somewhere else, the active raider could remove the village with catas if he so pleases.

In the extreme case, I guess it could be abused by Russian-style players who have their "tech accounts", just leaving the account at one village so the hammer can't be chiefed, meanwhile all the feeding is done by farming/garaging in tech accounts... But that is why there would also be limitations on the account under this protection - maybe limited raiding, no extensive parking of troops elsewhere etc.