Legends on Tour Diary

• I'm sitting on the train on my way to the airport and this years most exceptional event - the Legends on Tour. We are 10 players that have been invited to Munich to talk about the game.

You have the interviews with us here: http://blog.travian.com/category/legends-on-tour/

On Friday it is time for the Qualification drawing - Live on Facebook!!

I have to confess that I'm really nervous. It have been so rare that i have met with other Travian players irl and I'm not used to speak english only to write. For the moment i'm sure everybody will perform better than me :/

I will try to keep you updated about what is happening these 3 days. We have a lot of questions and proposals from the forum treads on the participating domains and TG will have their own plans for the future they want to show us.

It's so exciting! Travian talk from morning to night - can it be better? :D

• When I arrived at Munich I felt a bit lost. My flight was delayed and no one was there to meet me. A phone call fixed that and when I arrived to the hotel I found the other participants eating dinner at the café.

We have had a tour around the company and now we have started to discuss the topics we have brought with us.

• Afternoons talking was about Players base. Ele made an survey with ~200 players and Travian made their own with 6000 players. It was very interesting that they both had similar results. 80% are males, 20 % are female. 70% of the players plays minimum 25 hours per week, 30% plays more than 50 hours per week. The average player is well educated, males average age is 31 and females are 43.

We also talked a lot about how the communication between players and staff works, that we feels like we are treated as childs and not as the adults we are. TG is aware about those problems and agreed that it is room for improvement. Some of the work to better this is already in progress.

Many examples was given about bans that from players view wasn't realistic and that we wished more information on why an account is banned. Due to security it's difficult for TG to be more specific in those cases. The bad guys (read bot users) are very clever and if they gets any hints on how the bots are detected they will do changes and we will end up with even more bots.

All in all the afternoon was satisfying and we got the feeling that TG really listened on us.

The day ended with dinner on a burger bar and ofc more Travian talks :)

Tomorrow we will meet the Game designer team.

• we wished more information on why an account is banned. Due to security it's difficult for TG to be more specific in those cases. The bad guys (read bot users) are very clever and if they gets any hints on how the bots are detected they will do changes and we will end up with even more bots.

Could you pitch to them that they should atleast tell us which ip address has been used for the bot/script. Because in many cases, the question of who abused the rules remains unsolved, and no one is kicked from the account, making the re-occurrence of the event (botusage) probable. Them telling us which ip address will only help them improve their community, as once we have the IP, that player will be publicly known as a cheat, and will get less opportunities to repeat himself/herself.

On a side note, good work, and keep the updates coming, is nice to read ^_^

They see me rolling
    They hating

• The topic was brought up yesterday and the answer is that it depends on the German laws. Technically TG owns all accounts and they are not allowed to share information about the users because of laws of privacy.

Today our first challenge was to put marks on the most important topics on the board. We got 6 blue dots each and when we had placed them half of the topics remained.

• The discussions before lunch today was awesome. The first topic was about how to limit the off and def points gained by attacking Natars/ own troops. It was several topics involved but that is the simplest way to explain it. This lead to how to count off and def points and the consequences, the problems to distinguished between enemy and friendly troops.

Suddenly Ameno shouted: Emergency issue! And all staff run out. It was something about captcha for new registrations. We got a short paus before they was back after directing the issue to the right staff.

During this session we also had a discussion if scouts gets offensive points or not and Jake started a test account. That was fun, he could pimp the village and get a lot of buildings and troops, we were awed =) Jake constructed one more account with defence and attacked, first with only hero (died) and then with hero and scouts. In the second attack a part of the def was killed (hero and scouts died) so clearly scouts have offensive strength too.

The conclusion is that it is no easy solutions to this problem because how the details affects each others.

Next topic to discuss before lunch was support with resources and troops. Should it only be possible within ally/confeds? That lead to several other questions. Should WW villages be excluded? The whole WW account? Artefact villages? We need a new standard for confeds!

What happen when players changed alliance? Reins will be automatic sent back. An activation time maybe so you have time to change?

This also lead to discussions about the embassys. Maybe they shall be based on players on servers? Restrictions on confeds to aviaod the snowball effect?

All of us invited would like to see this implemented but it will take a while for the developers to find the best way to get it to work and it will probably take a year before it is ready to be tested.

All in all we think that this morning have been very efficient and the discussions can lead to changes that will be useful and can evolve the game.

After lunch it was time for the future plans TG wanted to show us but that isn't fully developed yet. Because of that we are not allowed to show you pictures or to talked about it but we can tell you so much that those future features will be liked :)

• Could you ask them to make an extra filter for trade-reports? Anything from a trade route should be ignored.

Twee keer naar rechts is hetzelfde als achteruit

• I'm trying to answer question if they are related to the topics we have talked about. But about traderoutes you can dismiss them in the preferences.

The last hours of this afternoon we talked about an mobile app for Travian legends. Much of the problems to make such an app depends on the fact that the code is very old. There are areas in the code that they don't dare to touch because it will cause a lot of bugs. But they are working on it.

As an example I can mention the snow, it wasn't the snow that caused the bugs. It was that they went into an 8 years old part that was about which fonts that are used. I mentioned above about some new features and to do them they needed to change the fonts.

They are slowly working trough this "don't touch" parts and it is unavoidable that changes cause bugs which they try to fix as fast as possible but it usually takes at least a week. In the end the goal is that they will have a better working browser version for mobile phones and when they have reach that goal they can begin to think about an app.

We also talked a lot about bot detection and TG thinks that probably in the autumn they will have a far better metod to caught those bots.

About proxies and Tor it isn't possible to stop them. It isn't possible to see who use Tor and about proxies.. well some countries have blocked the access, proxies is the only solution for those players and more - many mobile phones also use proxies, so to stop them isn't a real option.

About the complains when new updates are implemented and this is important! Most of the causes (80%) is easy solved with deleting cookies or clearing the cache! So plz try that before you report a bug, it will go faster to handle the real bugs ;)

We had spend this evening on a medieval restaurant. A lot of strange dishes and weird rules. For example it was the womens work to serve the males. Well - the guys on my table soon learned to catch the food with their hands when I was trowing it around :D If a male served himself he was punished.

I took pictures with my camera and I was surprised when my macbook accepted them, mac is soo fussy, but as it turned out I had no program to resize it to fit on the forum so a link was the solution.

https://gyazo.com/b013792b5e5839362c61471d2462dda5

https://gyazo.com/c8461d32c29fa3ca46ecff37b532df8e

Be sure to be online tomorrow for the live stream qualification drawing at 10!
    https://www.facebook.com/traviannews/

• it is unavoidable that changes cause bugs which they try to fix as fast as possible but it usually takes at least a week.

Isnt that what test servers are for?
    Why implement something, then hear back about glitches from the community then take a week to fix it? when you can run test servers and get most, if not all, of the glitches possible. Then fix it, and update servers.
    Artifact or WW stage is no time for them to do a first time run for their updates on one of their biggest platforms such as com3x and finals.

Would like to clarify, im not trying to nitpick what you guys are doing. It is in fact a very good thing done by TG (having representatives from the community tell them their opinions). It is in hope that i bring this up, so that at least for the topics under discussion you have some feedback from the rest of the community.

Anyway, keep up the good work, fun to read like always ^_^

They see me rolling
    They hating

• The discussion about updates was very heated yesterday. But the answer is very complex. I will try.. bugs are inevitable especially now when they try to update the old code. The test worlds isn't enough. To delay updates to fix bugs has other consequences as delays for months.

But we have been promised that they will do changes about information - it will take a while though mainly because all changelogs have to be translated

• @Doom_NL this filter already exists. And this thread is for reporting on the meetings only. The topics/ideas were already collected.

My bad! I haven't been on this forum before and I just say Blaze getting an answer to his/her question. Any idea when this feature is making it to the Dutch servers? Because we definitely don't have it.

• Yes I can turn off reports for trade between my own villages and from/too other stuff but there is not a 4th filter for simply turning it off for trade routes. Thnx for the help tho :) Have fun on your trip ^^

• The discussion about updates was very heated yesterday. But the answer is very complex. I will try.. bugs are inevitable especially now when they try to update the old code. The test worlds isn't enough. To delay updates to fix bugs has other consequences as delays for months.

But we have been promised that they will do changes about information - it will take a while though mainly because all changelogs have to be translated

I understand it may be easier said than done. But let me give you an example.
    Snow was added. Even tho the game looked sick. The glitches caused were unimaginable. I am not talking about "delay updates to fix bugs" but rather a situation created by TG itself. Dunno if im explaining well, but test/beta servers are are what is needed for this issue to be resolved. It may take more time than before, but atleast people will get to play the game without wanting to put their head through the wall.

My bad! I haven't been on this forum before and I just say Blaze getting an answer to his/her question. Any idea when this feature is making it to the Dutch servers? Because we definitely don't have it.

There was a difference in our 2 posts. I talked about the topic which was already under discussion at TGHQ. You talked about a random topic which is not an issue in the first place.

They see me rolling
    They hating

• About the snow, the bugs wasn't caused by it, I wrote bout it above. and only 5% did choose to inactivate it.

We have another heated discussion today it's about multihunters/supports knowledge, the rule 1.1. We have some difficulties finding a common view on this =)

BUT - TG have started a work to identify how MH/Support is trained to better their knowledge how to handle things.

I forgot to mention that yesterday we talked about the def starving in Final endgame. The data base was overloaded and we players built troops faster then TG was able to add more servers to handle it. A servers ideal "level" should be 60%, when it reach 80% one more
    server shall be added. Algorithms have beed changed, for next Final it will be able to build trillions and trillions of troops ^^

• The most honest answer we got on this is - We don't know why it happened in Final. On 3 other servers where artefacts spawned at the same time the coords was the expected. The code haven't been changed for 7 years. The only explanation is the high settling on Final.

So next Final keep more open space is the recommendation I can give.

And what have we talked about today? In the morning we did the Qualification drawing. After that we talk about topics that was left from the days before as Multihunters knowledge and training for the job. Which led to a lot of talk about the rule 1.1 - to play the account to it's own benefit. The need of teamwork as in a group of players supporting an account to build a hammer. and the difficulty to see the difference between those accounts and multies that should be banned.

For lunch it was pizza ad Rino had brought Mozzarella with him from Italy, quite tasty :)

The afternoon have been spent with different staffs, talking marketing, how to get new players to stay, Tournament - and some of us have been doing short videos.

And we have been told about the next annual special but it's still a secret, not fully developed yet. No spoilers - sorry - but I'm sure you will love it!

The most valuable this week, I think, is that both parts - the staff and the invited players - survived this week. Both parts had serious doubts about how it would go.

We feels that we reached a goal - to better understand each other and that TG is real interested in our opinions. TG's way to work have changed the last year, there is an optimism among the staff that they will have a better communication between them and the players in the future.

We haden't time for all topics and we couldn't always agree about them, but it have been really nice to been here!

• I dont understand why people want an app so badly for Travian.

I play at least 70% on my phone and have no issues.

Anglosphere 6- F. Charcutier

COM1- Foleys Folly

US1- Chef Follardi

US3- Folito Lopez