Efficient simming starting guide

• Introduction
    Note: This guide is for normal 1x server; for 3x server guide you have to scroll down ;)
    Looking to settle a second village as fast as possible but don't have the time or knowledge to efficiently raid oasis? Then this is THE GUIDE for you! This guide was put into practice on the current UK3 and I was among the first 5 to settle the second village (on day8 of the server) - with absolute minimum effort put into the account and its development.
    Many of the guides on the forum are a bit outdated so I thought of giving you my ultimate simming starting strategy!
    First of all I want to apologize for my English - I'm not a native speaker. Hope you can still follow this :)

Order of tasks
    Do the tutorial. (Upgrade croplands only when it's required.) After tutorial the order of tasks is:
    Iron mine lvl1.
    Main building lvl3.
    Granary lvl1.
    Embassy lvl1.
    Cranny lvl1.
    One of each resources to lvl1.
    Main building lvl5.
    Residence lvl1.
    Iron mine lvl2.
    Clay pit lvl2.
    Market place1.
    All resources lvl1.
    Warehouse lvl3.
    Granary lvl3.
    Warehouse lvl7.
    Barracks lvl1-3.
    Academy lvl1.
    Wall lvl1.
    Smithy lvl1.
    All resources lvl2.

Congrats , now you have completed most of the tasks without any additional waiting !

Building up the village
    As we all know , Culture points (CP) are needed to settle a new village. The goal on the first day is to maximize both resource production and CP production.
    Kirilloid comes in handy: Travian :: buildings Here we can see everything: the cost of buildings and the given CP increase. Keep in mind: getting a new village fast isn't up to resources , but up to CP.
    The building order is:

• All resources lvl3.
    • 1 cranny lvl10.
    • 10 crannies lvl1
    • 10 crannies lvl3. --> Crannies give to most CP per used resource and they also hide your resources from robbing neighbors
    • Main building lvl6 (650res/CP)
    • Academy lvl2 (650res/CP)
    • (Embassy lvl2 (685res/CP)) OPTIONAL
    • Academy lvl3 (830res/CP)
    • Main building lvl7 (840res/CP)
    • Main building lvl8 (535res/CP)
    • (Embassy lvl3 (885res/CP)) OPTIONAL
    • Market place lvl2-3 (990res/CP)
    • Market place lvl4 (710res/CP)
    • Market place lvl5 (915res/CP)
    • Market place lvl6 (580res/CP)
    • Market place lvl7 (750res/CP)
    • Market place lvl8 (960res/CP)
    • Academy lvl4 (1070 res/CP)
    • Academy lvl5 (680res/CP)
    • Main building lvl9-10
    • (((Academy lvl6 (875res/CP)
    • Academy lvl7 (1120res/CP)
    • Academy lvl8 (950res/CP)
    • Academy lvl9 (920res/CP)
    • Academy lvl10 ))) OPTIONAL

You must get at least the crannies done during day1. You may need to use some gold to instabuild tasks like warehouse to lvl7 etc ; the more gold you use , the faster you get your settlers going!

Now that we got our CP production in a good shape , we want to focus on getting the settlers done as fast as possible.
    The fastest way is to first upgrade wood and clay tiles to lvl4 , leave irons lvl3 , upgrade croplands to lvl5 and build a flour mill. (You can believe me on this or do the calculations yourself)
    Then and ONLY THEN you may start upgrading your residence up towards lvl10 and getting those settlers ready. This is the boring phase since you have to wait for such a long periods, but hey , at least you can spend some time outside and not to worry about raiding those oasis ;)

Picking the new village
    Finally you have your settlers ready: guaranteed to be among the first 20 accounts. You might be a new player and not know what kind of a village you want to settle though?
    The unwritten rule is you have to settle a village that produces a lot of crop (9 cropper or 15 cropper) since your future army will need tons of wheat to survive. Picking between those two really depends on your willingness to invest in the game.

15cropper: Kuvankaappauksen tarjoaa Lightshot
    Produces a lot of wheat. However , this hardly produces any wood , clay or iron and therefore it's (not impossible but) very hard to grow to a decent level with a little gold.
    I would say you need around 1600gold to upgrade this to a decent level in decent span of time.

9cropper: Kuvankaappauksen tarjoaa Lightshot
    A very good choise to those that don't want to invest that much money on the game. This can be upgraded to a decent level with a minimal (or absolute zero) budget.

Despite whether you choose, the same development strategies apply. Now that you don't need to rush for a village , you can start building your army that is used to raid resources from other players. Or you could just sim up the resource tiles in both of your villages and build up the army once you have got a better production. Either way , you still want to join the best alliance in your quadrant to get that extra protection ;)

3x server GUIDE:
    Basically the same but without the grind for getting better CP production. In a nutshell:
    Tasks order is the same.

After lvl2 resource tiles:
    Wood and clay tiles to lvl4 , irons lvl3 , croplands lvl5 , flour mill.
    Rush for residence lvl10 and train 3 settlers. You are off to go!
    This way it's guaranteed to get the settlers sent in the first 50hours of server , if you are lucky with adventures and/or raiding oasis this can be done in 40hours!

A few bullet points:

• Gold isn't mandatory but it will make development so much faster.
    • After each hero level: put 1 point in fighting strength, 3 points in resources
    • KIRILLOID is the Bible for every Travian player. Travian tools & utils :: Home Page
    • DO NOT overflow resources; set up an alarm if the storage is about to overflow at night.
    • Activate 25% resource bonuses. Also , a gold club is a good tool to find a best cropper for you (not to mention that sweeeet troop evasion so that no enemy can kill your settlers)

Thank you for your interest! Also I'd like to hear other experienced people's opinions on this guide. There's no right or wrong path but one can always improve its game! :)

• guaranteed to be among the first 20 accounts.

Well no.

If this guide does what you say then it will become the new basic settling guide for the majority of players.

So instead of being 5th you will be tied 200th and it's just a case of who has the shortest travel time.

• Man, if you do this strategy I hope you have some good allies to work with as you will have zero economy. On UK1 some people did this and I did an alternative strategy which settles about 10hrs later, but gives 2x the economy. Got a 125% still and then catapulted all of their feeders around me cause they had no production to stand against it...

Be careful doing the zero economy, super fast settling strategy above. Decent raiders are still going to settle faster anyway.

• Man, if you do this strategy I hope you have some good allies to work with as you will have zero economy. On UK1 some people did this and I did an alternative strategy which settles about 10hrs later, but gives 2x the economy. Got a 125% still and then catapulted all of their feeders around me cause they had no production to stand against it...

Be careful doing the zero economy, super fast settling strategy above. Decent raiders are still going to settle faster anyway.

Some good points made here.

If you plan to settle in the boonies then you don't necessarily need to settle as fast as possible since the chances are that you will still be there first. However, if you want that sweet 125-150% that's 10 fields from your spawn, then you want that extra 10hours to secure the spot and prevent others getting there first.

With crannies in the village you won't become a farm for a long time. And the extra 10hours will set you with a very good advantage in developing the cropper which will eventually make the resources to queue your army. Maybe you faced bad/inactive players since they didn't have big enough production to queue troops of their own by the time you had catas?

I only shared a fast and efficient settling guide ; it's up to the player how he proceeds after this. Did this strategy on current UK1, now I'm on track to having 60k + 15k + 2000 + 1000 arty hammer with no threats around since they've been taken down (wasn't that hard since I'm talking about FOX and FOL members.)

Be sure to post your own guide for players to have an alternative guide to follow :)

E: I will definitely try out to double the economy and see if it's really only 10hours slower. I highly doubt it but that will help building v2 up much more faster if that's the case.

• Definitely can be done with less. Even as Egyptian with 3 oases. And 17 is above decent level, imho, it's a level of experienced player who most likely has his own guide. At the stage when people still need someone else's guide 14-15 is acceptable before day 70.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guide. Just don't want to scary beginners away with the number. ;)

• Definitely can be done with less. Even as Egyptian with 3 oases. And 17 is above decent level, imho, it's a level of experienced player who most likely has his own guide. At the stage when people still need someone else's guide 14-15 is acceptable before day 70.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guide. Just don't want to scary beginners away with the number. ;)

Yes, can be done with a lot less gold. Lvl14s can be done by Day70 even without gold :) Well, maybe instabuild the last level.

Thanks for the feedback though! It's amazing to see people appreciate the guide. Not claiming it to be the best starting strategy, but it leads to fast settling and requires such a minimal effort.

• Personally I like to beg the alliance for res on a daily basis.

Eventually they break down, normally it is in exchange for a couple days of not begging.

I have used this method on my last 4 servers and on average I am up 7 resources a week.

• 15cropper: Kuvankaappauksen tarjoaa Lightshot

Produces a lot of wheat. However , this hardly produces any wood , clay or iron and therefore it's (not impossible but) very hard to grow to a decent level with a little gold.
    I would say you need around 1600gold to upgrade this to a decent level in decent span of time.

I figure it would take 1175 gold when being conservative with your spending and another 250-ish for NPCing wheat for troop production. If someone is interested;

Twee keer naar rechts is hetzelfde als achteruit

• Thanks for taking the time to do some real calculations. :)

I bought 1600gold when the server started, and once I had spent it all I had Lvl17 Crop fields and 7 maxed out villages ready to push resources into building hammer(s) , all this while keeping resource bonuses and plus-account running 24/7, and after buying gold club.

At early crop land levels I like to have big enough storage to build 4 crop lands per NPC. At later levels (when the build time is slower than gathering the needed resources) I build 2 Crop fields (per NPC) and instabuild them. :)