Efficient starting guide (UK)

• Starting guide V2.0

1. Introduction

Let’s jump right into it. This guide will help you to get your settlers running as fast as possible, with absolutely minimum effort put into the account and its development. Follow this guide step by step and you will be able to send out your settlers on day 7, or day 8 tops. This should be perfectly fine time considering the majority of players are able to send out their settlers on day 9 or later. Obviously there are accounts that will be able to settle even faster than you with this guide but that requires either a ton of gold, boost accounts aka techs or just having more luck in raiding.

Note that this guide is for 1x normal servers. For 2x and 3x guide you need to scroll down ;)

1.1 A few things to remember:

- Gold isn’t mandatory but if it’s any possible to invest even £10 or £20 into gold then you will be able to develop your account (read: 1st and 2nd village) so much faster.

- After each hero level: put 1 point in fighting strength, 3 points in resource production. Make sure to never get your hero killed because you end up losing resources and therefore time.

- DO NOT overflow resources: set up an alarm or use the master builder gold function if the storage is about to overflow at night. Keep an eye on the tasks when you collect the rewards.

- ACTIVATE 25% resource bonuses for all the resources. You will be able to send off the settlers before you run out of the bonuses.

- DO NOT extend your beginner’s protection. You will have crannies to protect your resources and once you are done with the protection you can start trading for profit: either profit for you or profit for your team mates.

2. Activating the account and the Order of the Tasks

DO THE TUTORIAL. Your hero will gain an additional 20 XP and you will also get more ointments. When you get to the point where you have to send your hero out for an adventure, send him to the furthest one. You will save time. Also remember to change your hero’s production to being equal between all four resources: you will gain more resources.

Now that we have completed our one-minute-long tutorial it’s time to do the next step.

Order of the tasks:

- Iron mine level 1

- Main building level 3

- One of each resources to level 1 (Lumber, clay, iron, crop)

- Cranny level 1

- Granary level 1

- Embassy level 1

- Main building level 5

- Residence level 1

- Crop land level 1 , Iron mine level 2 , Clay pit level 2

- Market place level 1

- Crop land level 2

- All resource tiles level 1

- Warehouse level 3

- Granary level 3

- 2x Crop land level 2

- Warehouse level 7

- 2x Crop land level 2 (all crop lands level 2 now)

- Barracks level 1-3

- Wall level 1

- Academy level 1

- Smithy level 1

- Crop land level 3

- All resources to level 2

Congratulations, now you have completed most of the tasks without any additional waiting to get enough resources! You are now left with tons of resources to work on your village with. In the next part I’m going through a few different scenarios depending on the most common choices.

3. Building up the village

Now this is the point where things are starting to get mixed up depending on your own personal preferences. Whether you buy gold or not ; whether you want to go with a raiding start or only be dependent on your own production ; whether to choose a 15 cropper or 9 cropper village.

In order to found a new village one must have enough Culture Points (CP). You may check how much CP you still need by going to your Residence > Culture points. In all of the scenarios below the goal during the first three days remains the same: maximize both your resource production and the CP production. Kirilloid comes in handy when figuring out what to build next. It's handy for many other things too but I'm not going to go through those in this guide.

3.1 You buy gold and you only want to be dependent on your own production

Alright, now that we have level 2 resource tiles and gold available the plan is to get resource tiles up and then focus on getting the CP production up. The building order is:

- Crop land level 5

- Grain mill level 1

- 5x crop land level 3

- 4x wood cutter level 3

- 4x clay pit level 3

- 4x iron mine level 3

- 5x crop land level 4

- 5x crop land level 5

Now that we have our production in a good shape, let’s start developing our CP production.

- Cranny level 10

- 8x cranny level 3. Crannies give the most CP per used resource. Cheap CP is what we are looking for in the beginning of the server.

- Main building level 6-10. (It gives +7 CP for 5690 resources – that’s a good ratio.)

- Market place level 2-8. (It gives +9 CP for 7195 resources – still a good ratio.)

- Academy level 2-5. (It gives +5 CP for 3915 resources.)

Now we are all set to go for the settlers! The next step is to go for a level 10 residence and train 3 settlers. Gathering almost 120 000 resources takes a lot of time but don’t worry – you will be there among the firsts to settle! Try trading resources for profit to speed up your settling time.

3.2 You don’t buy gold and you want to be dependent on your own production

This scenario is almost similar to the one above – only with some slight changes. Now that we don’t have gold available, we don’t have the option to do NPC-trading. That means we don’t want to concentrate on crop lands as much as the gold users would, but instead focus on other resources. The building order is:

- Crop land level 5

- Grain mill level 1

- 5x crop land level 3

- 4x wood cutter level 3

- 4x clay pit level 3

- 4x iron mine level 3

- 4x wood cutter level 4

- 4x clay pit level 4

- 4x iron mine level 4

- 4x wood cutter level 5

- 4x clay pit level 5

Now that our resource production is fine we should start focusing on the CP production.

- Cranny level 10

- 8x cranny level 3

- Main building level 6-10

- Market place level 2-8

- Academy level 2-5

- Residence level 10

- Train 3 settlers

The choice to not buy gold leaves you with a slight disadvantage: Gold users make more resources due their higher level crop lands that also are cheaper than wood/clay/iron tiles. More resources = faster second village. And that’s why I suggest to invest £10 into gold – to have +25% resource bonuses running and also to have the option to NPC trade when it’s really needed.

3.3 You want to do a raiding start (Gold/No gold)

This strategy is quite similar to the two scenarios above. The goal in the first three days is to maximize resource production along with CP production – with slight changes obviously.

I highly suggest to ONLY choose TEUTONS for the raiding strategy – Gauls and Romans should in my opinion always go the simming route due their expensive troops. Expensive troops simply take too much time to pay themselves back. You also need to be quite active if you choose the raiding strategy over simming strategy.

- Upgrade the resource production. Choose setup option 3.1 if you use gold and 3.2 if you don’t use gold.

Now that you have resource production in a good shape you should do the following:

- Main building level 6-10

- Academy level 2-5

- For the rest of the Beginner’s protection you build clubbs. This should leave you with 100-150 clubbs to raid with once the protection is over.

Notice how I left all the crannies out along with market place levels. Those resources will be used to train some extra clubbs instead. Once you have started raiding your neighbors you want prepare to train your settlers.

- Residence level 10

- Train 3 settlers

- If you don’t have enough CP by now, you might want to start upgrading your academy up to level 10 and build a Town hall. If you are raiding well you will be able to throw a small party to get the remaining CP in order to found your second village. This requires a total of 40 000 extra resources so you better calculate whether you can raid enough resources or if you should build something else with those raided resources, for example upgrade your market place or resource tiles.

You may see people start raiding oasis on day 1. Often this is a mistake. They are left with a small production and even smaller CP production. This is why you will outrun them in settling a second village race if you follow this strategy.

3.4 Whether to choose a 15 cropper or a 9 cropper?

A 15 cropper village

A 9 cropper village

Alright, now you have your 3 settlers ready and you are trying to decide whether you should settle a 9 cropper or a 15 cropper. This you can decide easily by considering how much money you are willing to invest into this game. A 15 cropper requires at least a 1000 gold to upgrade into a decent level in a decent span of time. With a 1000 gold you are looking to have level 16 crop fields by day 60 of the server, while running +25% resource bonuses and buying the gold club.

That being said – If your budget is little to no gold then you should go for a 9 cropper capital. If you can afford buying more gold then 15 cropper is your best choice. Simply because a 15 croppers produces the most resources due all the oasis bonuses and building bonuses.

2x and 3x server settling guide

Basically you only want to take the simming route since you will be able to settle before the beginner's protection is over.

Also what you need to understand that you don't have to grind for a better CP production. What this means is that you build up your resource production and then go straight for the residence level 10 and train 3 settlers.

Follow the order of the tasks until you have done level 2 resource tiles. This is where you figure out how much money you are willing to put into the game:

- 3.1. "4x Wood cutter level 3 ; 4x Clay pit level 3 ; 4x Iron mine level 3 ; 6x crop land level 5" --> Residence level 10 --> Train 3 settlers

- 3.2. "4x Wood cutter level 5 ; 4x Clay pit level 5 ; 4x Iron mine level 4 ; 5x Crop land level 3, 1x Crop land level 5" --> Residence level 10 --> Train 3 settlers

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Let me know if you tried this and how it went for you. Also feel free to give some feedback and if you think I should add something then please let me know :)

• guaranteed to be among the first 20 accounts.

Well no.

If this guide does what you say then it will become the new basic settling guide for the majority of players.

So instead of being 5th you will be tied 200th and it's just a case of who has the shortest travel time.

• Man, if you do this strategy I hope you have some good allies to work with as you will have zero economy. On UK1 some people did this and I did an alternative strategy which settles about 10hrs later, but gives 2x the economy. Got a 125% still and then catapulted all of their feeders around me cause they had no production to stand against it...

Be careful doing the zero economy, super fast settling strategy above. Decent raiders are still going to settle faster anyway.

• Man, if you do this strategy I hope you have some good allies to work with as you will have zero economy. On UK1 some people did this and I did an alternative strategy which settles about 10hrs later, but gives 2x the economy. Got a 125% still and then catapulted all of their feeders around me cause they had no production to stand against it...

Be careful doing the zero economy, super fast settling strategy above. Decent raiders are still going to settle faster anyway.

Some good points made here.

If you plan to settle in the boonies then you don't necessarily need to settle as fast as possible since the chances are that you will still be there first. However, if you want that sweet 125-150% that's 10 fields from your spawn, then you want that extra 10hours to secure the spot and prevent others getting there first.

With crannies in the village you won't become a farm for a long time. And the extra 10hours will set you with a very good advantage in developing the cropper which will eventually make the resources to queue your army. Maybe you faced bad/inactive players since they didn't have big enough production to queue troops of their own by the time you had catas?

I only shared a fast and efficient settling guide ; it's up to the player how he proceeds after this. Did this strategy on current UK1, now I'm on track to having 60k + 15k + 2000 + 1000 arty hammer with no threats around since they've been taken down (wasn't that hard since I'm talking about FOX and FOL members.)

Be sure to post your own guide for players to have an alternative guide to follow :)

E: I will definitely try out to double the economy and see if it's really only 10hours slower. I highly doubt it but that will help building v2 up much more faster if that's the case.

• Definitely can be done with less. Even as Egyptian with 3 oases. And 17 is above decent level, imho, it's a level of experienced player who most likely has his own guide. At the stage when people still need someone else's guide 14-15 is acceptable before day 70.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guide. Just don't want to scary beginners away with the number. ;)

• Definitely can be done with less. Even as Egyptian with 3 oases. And 17 is above decent level, imho, it's a level of experienced player who most likely has his own guide. At the stage when people still need someone else's guide 14-15 is acceptable before day 70.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guide. Just don't want to scary beginners away with the number. ;)

Yes, can be done with a lot less gold. Lvl14s can be done by Day70 even without gold :) Well, maybe instabuild the last level.

Thanks for the feedback though! It's amazing to see people appreciate the guide. Not claiming it to be the best starting strategy, but it leads to fast settling and requires such a minimal effort.

• Personally I like to beg the alliance for res on a daily basis.

Eventually they break down, normally it is in exchange for a couple days of not begging.

I have used this method on my last 4 servers and on average I am up 7 resources a week.

• 15cropper: Kuvankaappauksen tarjoaa Lightshot

Produces a lot of wheat. However , this hardly produces any wood , clay or iron and therefore it's (not impossible but) very hard to grow to a decent level with a little gold.
    I would say you need around 1600gold to upgrade this to a decent level in decent span of time.

I figure it would take 1175 gold when being conservative with your spending and another 250-ish for NPCing wheat for troop production. If someone is interested;

Twee keer naar rechts is hetzelfde als achteruit

• Thanks for taking the time to do some real calculations. :)

I bought 1600gold when the server started, and once I had spent it all I had Lvl17 Crop fields and 7 maxed out villages ready to push resources into building hammer(s) , all this while keeping resource bonuses and plus-account running 24/7, and after buying gold club.

At early crop land levels I like to have big enough storage to build 4 crop lands per NPC. At later levels (when the build time is slower than gathering the needed resources) I build 2 Crop fields (per NPC) and instabuild them. :)