The Wall effect

📝Farewell to Forums📝

The forum is currently in read-only mode that will last till July 07th, 2021.

You will find news and all relevant information about the game in our Travian: Legends blog.
For live conversations and interaction with the community join us in official Travian: Legends Discord server.
  • Building a wall (I am on ts29.travian.com) has zero population growth until lvl5. Then only 1.
    This must be wrong. I am sure there must be some game calculation for this, but … think about it: when a village/town starts building a wall, then, and even before the wall is complete, people will rush inside to seek the protection - and because they afraid of being kept out? So there should be an immediate population push when the wall starts.

I suppose, someone can argue that people will wait to see if the wall is good, before deciding to move, but I say the urge to move when a wall starts being built is stronger, and it is not correct to have zero population growth until lvl5. There should be immediate population growth - at least 2 - and then maybe little or nothing until the wall is serious.

• Building a wall (I am on ts29.travian.com) has zero population growth until lvl5. Then only 1.
    This must be wrong. I am sure there must be some game calculation for this, but … think about it: when a village/town starts building a wall, then, and even before the wall is complete, people will rush inside to seek the protection - and because they afraid of being kept out? So there should be an immediate population push when the wall starts.

I suppose, someone can argue that people will wait to see if the wall is good, before deciding to move, but I say the urge to move when a wall starts being built is stronger, and it is not correct to have zero population growth until lvl5. There should be immediate population growth - at least 2 - and then maybe little or nothing until the wall is serious.

You'll drive yourself crazy trying to apply logic to Travian

..And that is the Final Word.

• A wall is not here to protect population inside it but to increase the defense power and block the attackers outside and force them to search for a breach (or to make one).

In Travian, in more of that, the wall is nothing than a barrier, you can't put soldiers in it or on it.

So, no, the wall is not suppose to cost any population (whatever the level).

And, the goal in this game is not to have population but to have troops so to have cereals :)

If you want population for your wall, you loose some cereals ^^

« On ne doit jamais laisser se produire un désordre pour éviter une guerre ; car on ne l'évite jamais, on la retarde à son désavantage. »

[ Nicolas Machiavel ] - Le Prince

• You just wanna increase your population as much as possible since you got the largest villa on the server, but Greatfatsby is catching up. :D

• Wall has 0 pop for 5 levels since when you crop lock a village - you could rebuild few levels of walls without the upkeep. Experienced the need of and importance of the wall when you check your account late and your wall is already 0 while crop locked.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• You posted stats from a completely other server.