Qualification Servers

• Just read the entire post,
    your opening statement just says one sided things that too in way out of proportions....

OK, I'll admit. I'm stumped. I've been playing this game for nearly 9 years, but I've stuck to the UK because it's what I know and understand and whenever anyone talks about going to play Com there are shudders. Bots, cheats, multis, tech accounts, 53 duals to one account, mega metas and different codes of play to what we are used to here.

now is it not delusional for majority of UK players to think like that?

on top of that
    not a single UK domain player came forward to contradict this and put their own thinking forward,
    next those who did join in favor of UK, started trolling ELE

sure there is more cheating in .com and tournament servers
    but like pointed out by many previously, there is more to it, many metas push for fair play and less multis/bots/cheating etc.
    all players are not about cheating

and playing in com, tournament has many positive stuff too
    you get to interact with ppl around the world, experience new strategies, game styles, and tons of stuff
    activity is far more, kind of like opening a door to the whole world

just due to some bad stuff
    now stating that this is just not your cup of tea is pretty narrow minded,

some of you have shared pretty harsh experiences of playing in tournaments and they should not have happened,
    but its not fair to label all players like that and form a one sided view without looking at the whole picture

not to mention getting offended for being pointed out as delusional when you are the one who started this thread with a "Controversial Topic"
    that's not how you guys should represent your domain.

• Rules more rigorously enforced on the UK domain?

Ive heard UK players cannot be MHs for their domain (same goes for any domain). In fact your MHs, I know many to be .com players. Of course they're more diligent. While we get stuck with rabble who couldn't properly police a domain if their life depended on it, hence they need more training. Plenty of examples of ludicrous replies that any seasoned player/MH wouldn't and shouldn't be saying. I suspect these ones may come from smaller domains, who knows. I just know they can't play .com if they're MH for .com

..And that is the Final Word.

• Actually, I know the uk MH team. At least three of them are UK players and one was the UK CM before moving to the MH team. They can’t play the server they hunt on, but they can, and do, play the domain. You’re talking absolute rubbish. The CSR and CM can’t play on their domains but there is no such rule for the MHs.

Com domain has its own forum. If Com players want to come and give their opinion here they are more than welcome, but don’t get arsey if we don’t agree with you.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mercedes ().

• Actually, I know the uk MH team. At least three of them are UK players and one was the UK CM before moving to the MH team. They can’t play the server they hunt on, but they can, and do, play the domain. You’re talking absolute rubbish. The CSR and CM can’t play on their domains but there is no such rule for the MHs.

Com domain has its own forum. If Com players want to come and give their opinion here they are more than welcome, but don’t get arsey if we don’t agree with you.

I believe you're the one being arsey from the start speaking ill of com like UK is the paragon of virtue. Mind what you say and maybe we won't come and be arsey with you. I dare say you almost motivated me to bring an entire swath of cheating com players <sarcasm> just to make your servers more lively.

• Do it! We've got a Danish alliance playing UK1, a US alliance and an AU alliance on UK3 and a Siberian alliance on UK29. They are making the servers lively and fun. We'd love for a com alliance to come play.

And once again, nobody said all Com players are cheats, just that there is a perception here that there is more cheating on Com servers as that's what UK players seem to have experienced when they have played Com servers. It's the Com players that have come on here shouting about how we are accusing them all of being cheats. Read the thread properly, and know your facts before you start spouting rubbish about MHs.

By the way, my middle name is Arsey ;)

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 2 times, last by Mercedes ().

• I don't know why you bother Wish. I feel like the UK community always looks at the larger domains with some condescension and what seems to be a permanent chip on their shoulder:

UK don't get selected to hold qualifier - Reasoning: " They must hate us!"
    Dare to defend obviously biased claims - Reasoning: "They must hate us/me!"

I mean, c'mon, where in the world does this attitude come from?

Pot, kettle, black. So much hypocrisy in your post. Look at the way you are talking on this thread and you think we are the ones with the chip on their shoulder?

On the cheating topic, there is no smoke without fire. COM players can deny it all they want and (quite rightly) defend their domain as much as they like, but you can't deny that there are large groups of rule breaking players that have given the domain the reputation that it has. But then my opinion has been formed from other peoples opinions and feedback.

Just to clarify for the non-UK users on the thread. Us British people identify by being arsey and sarcastic about everything, it's just who we are. How very dare you come here and tell us what we can and can't talk about! It's like us coming over to a COM server and setting up loads of multis...

• Pot, kettle, black. So much hypocrisy in your post. Look at the way you are talking on this thread and you think we are the ones with the chip on their shoulder?
    On the cheating topic, there is no smoke without fire. COM players can deny it all they want and (quite rightly) defend their domain as much as they like, but you can't deny that there are large groups of rule breaking players that have given the domain the reputation that it has. But then my opinion has been formed from other peoples opinions and feedback.

Just to clarify for the non-UK users on the thread. Us British people identify by being arsey and sarcastic about everything, it's just who we are. How very dare you come here and tell us what we can and can't talk about! It's like us coming over to a COM server and setting up loads of multis...

You want to quantify that with some data? Like saying Chicago is the murder capital of the world when per capita it doesn't even rank in top 10 in world and at most 9 in U.S. You just argue from a position of ignorance. Yet UK domain needs to feel special. No other domain requested or needed to receive a special audience in Munich. Just you guys, and you're still not happy with anything in general.

• You want to quantify that with some data? Like saying Chicago is the murder capital of the world when per capita it doesn't even rank in top 10 in world and at most 9 in U.S. You just argue from a position of ignorance. Yet UK domain needs to feel special. No other domain requested or needed to receive a special audience in Munich. Just you guys, and you're still not happy with anything in general.

I'd love to see data on proportions of accounts banned on different domains and the reasons for bans, but I can't for one second imagine that data like that would ever be released by TG. We know that UK servers are well policed both by the players and my MHs with years of experience, both in hunting and playing the game at the top level. We know we are lucky to have this and welcome alliances from other domains who also choose to play here. We also recognise that the level of competition here is lower than on the bigger domains but for casual play, as @ELE said, that suits some of us, including me, much better.

UK Munich rep asked for a session to be put in the Agenda about the forum and relationships with community and staff and was declined, but was offered a separate discussion on this. Again, you are spouting rubbish as fact without actually knowing facts.

The fact is there is a perception in the UK domain that there is more cheating on COM. Whether or not that is justified or valid is in debate here and now and you are getting your opportunity to discuss it.

As Madz says though, British and Scandinavian humour tends to be extremely dry and sarcastic and not everyone gets it or enjoys it. What you should do is take it with a pinch of salt and stop thinking that you aren't being listened to or your opinion respected here, because that is very far from the truth. Personally, I've taken onboard everything everyone has said in this thread and as I said before, it's been very informative.

I'd like to thank everyone who has responded to my initial queries, including the lovely alliance leader from Tourney who sent me an email inviting me to play with them and all the Com and Tourney players who have given their take on what it's like, how to register and what you need to do to qualify, as well as all the people who have contacted me privately to discuss their experiences.

I hope that others apart from myself can look at all this information and now make a much more informed choice about whether Tourney is something they would like to try or not.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

• You want to quantify that with some data?

No, I would not.

1. Because

my opinion has been formed from other peoples opinions and feedback.

2. Where the hell would you expect me to obtain such data?

Once again, reputations like the COM domain has do not just come out of thin air. Yes there is cheating everywhere, it's impossible to avoid. Yes there might be less cheating on COM now than in the past, but that doesn't mean you get to dismiss the fact that there still is cheating.

• Uk free from multis and cheaters? Odd, I could swear that there is always lots of deleted bots and people getting banned for cheating. Every round, the last round i played on uk domain half the server was bots.

cash me ousside, how bout dat?

• They’re dead because of your play style. Bringing it here will lead to the same.

Just play within the rules, including the loopholes. Keep uk with a rep for those kind of servers and watch this domain boom and be great fun.

Assuming the multihunters can handle the situation

• They’re dead because of your play style. Bringing it here will lead to the same.

Just play within the rules, including the loopholes. Keep uk with a rep for those kind of servers and watch this domain boom and be great fun.

Assuming the multihunters can handle the situation

First of all, I have never been banned for cheating. Second of all, if you cant handle my playstyle. Maybe you need to learn how to play better instead of complaining about the competition being to strong?

cash me ousside, how bout dat?

• I meant the general nord server style of playing but fine, yes you specifically are the bane of travian because you are the worst person alive ever ...

You’ll excuse me if I don’t bother trying to have a conversation with you anymore