(On-Going Project) The Veteran Legends Encyclopedia | The Players Guide to Travian: Legends

• Some months ago I conceived what I call The Veteran Legends Project. For different reasons progress has been slow and it hasn't seen my full attention. However I see now as a good time to bring forth a portion of the project more publicly. Thanks to the effort of@'Scarecrow' this part of the project has seen more work accomplished than the others. Despite this it is by no means complete. Passing this along in private is not getting the job done and it is time more players contribute to the comprehensive guide to all things Travian: Legends.

It is currently hosted on a google doc and the link allows anyone to comment. I encourage you to either comment on the document with material to add, or post here in this thread and one of us with editors access can put it in for you. We are also looking for more major contributors!

The Players Guide to Travian: Legends

Built by the Players, for the Players

We need your HELP!
    In addition to players contributing material we also need members of the editorial board to add in contributor content, guide the Encyclopedia to completion, edit content to ensure it is well written and act as a final line of defense to make sure the content doesn't provide incorrect information. Eventually we will also need translators for other languages.

Official Positions Open

• Editors
    • Translators: Various Languages (Not a priority until the 1st draft is completed)

Contribute your tips, tricks, guides and other useful info for playing today!
    Post here or comment on the Google Doc

P.S: This is also up on the COM, US and AU Domains. It might make sense to keep discussion to a single thread to maximize the power of mass collaboration.
    COM Discussion Here

• I think this is a wonderful project that we can take on as a community. I'll be glad to help in any way I can :)

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• The VLE is a big document. In order to make things easier I'm going to try and push a new section of it each week until it is is complete enough to consider it a 1st Edition.

I want to start with Chapter I: General Information, Section 1 "Core Game Mechanics". The following are the subsections:

• Spawning
    • Capital
    • Constructing Building
    • Training Troops
    • Merchants
    • Trade Routes
    • Hero
    • Adventures
    • Auction House
    • Culture Points
    • Morale
    • Raiding
    • Scouting
    • Attacking with Siege Units

We just need 1 volunteer per subsection! That is enough for the initial write of a section. You can volunteer and post your section here

Why do this? Think about when you were a newbie. Did you have the resources to succeed, did you really know how to play competitively? This guide is meant to jump start the learning process. Eventually it will cover advanced game mechanics that will aid even the most veteran players. There are a lot of complex and even little known facts about this game, causing confusion even among the best among us.

So help out! Just write one paragraph covering the topic of the subjection. Describe how the mechanic work, try not to take any info for granted. Assume the player reading it knows absolutely nothing.