Alliance Leaders Meeting

• That sounds great Blackblade and I really rate the fact you've been proactive.

For me the platform would need to be in some format officially recognised by TG which is accessible to Ameno, device and/or decision makers to provide responses. An unofficial site will never be worth its weight for this particular purpose in my view.

I think one of the things Ameno mentioned that really struck a chord with me is that she and the Devs need to make a decision as to whether the Devs spend more time listening to and responding to our queries or actually developing. Ameno said that they had decided that she would answer the queries and feedback ideas so the Devs could actually focus all their efforts on game improvements.

The disconnect for me is that whilst the Devs are certainly putting a lot of time and effort into advancing the game (the results are clear when you look at how much the game has changed in almost 15 years), the improvements cited are very rarely, in my experience, those requested by the community.

TG implements fundamental game changes that are a much bigger overhaul than a lot of our suggestions on a regular basis, so I would submit that certainly there is the developer time to consider implementing some of these changes. If they are not going to be implemented we just want to know why, because we strongly feel that putting some of these changes are the first step to (yeah, I'm really going to say this) making Travian great again.

Whether the response is: 'No we can't do this because of x, y and z,' 'We like these ideas, but we're currently prioritising dev time on a,b and c, so it may be 12-24 months before you see any of these implemented,' or even, 'these suggestions aren't compatible with the T4 platform, but we're hoping to implement some in T5,' any sort of meaningful response would be a first step to show TG are prepared to commence a dialogue.

The post was edited 1 time, last by -SR ().

• what I would really like to do, if the others in the leaders room agree, is to post some transcripts of some of the discussions that were held there.

In three days of almost wall to wall 24/7 talk there was nothing but positivity, creativity, dynamism. In some instances real surprise - slow players discovering how much top speed players spend on gold was a real wow moment for a lot of us. Despite such disparate people coming together who will happily tear each other apart in game and on the forum, there was not one single second of animosity, either between each other or towards TG, it was all completely constructive. It was really wonderful to see representatives from the whole community coming together with so many ideas to share and such willingness to listen to each other.

After such an amazing experience I would really like to see a better conclusion than the transcript of a failed meeting, for which I totally take responsibility,

Ameno suggested a thread for each item which she would be able to respond to and I know she has put in time and effort finding answers to all the points raised, I will put my thinking cap on and see if I can come up with a solution to how this could be accomplished that doesn’t just mean me posting multiple threads.

Also, because it was such a positive and creative experience, I wondered if people would be interested in putting a similar group together perhaps bi-monthly from a cross section of the community, rather than just leaders, with the aim of putting together more ideas or discussions to bring to the forum in a constructive way? Even suggestions for new guides that could be collaborated on?

You might also be interested to know that there is still active discussion going on right now about the possibility of having an all alliance uk server. Blame the notorious mr crunchie mccrunchface for starting that one off.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

• If you want to encourage new players to play and then use gold the how about a beginners server that all players get 600 gold a month to use. You could not let any registered emails play so it’s a one time thing. Award a medal for people to display or something with rank of where you came to encourage players to start again. Obviously gold wound be transferable. Put a massive emphasis on using the forum to find out info. A new players advice section maybe. Love this game but if numbers carry on to drop then how longs it got left....

• Just like I predicted. Nothing productive came out of this.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• It was a "not so smart" decision in the first place.

This was the agenda. Everything in here is supposed to be discussed by the entire player base and not just the alliance leaders of a single domain. Many of these questions are not limited to the UK domain alone. And Ameno has very little say in anything going to be discussed.

Now if this discussion was with the R&D team of Travian, it would have made more sense. But this was a failed attempt by players who didn't think this all the way through.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

• I think a lot of us lost heart when Lemon told us how much money some players were spending on the game. There is zero chance that TG is going to upset that applecart.

• the changes to the game over the years are not all good.

Spies are expected and friends opening accounts for friends to chief later has no stopped.

With players buying gold on a daily basis. Cut new players .

New players spawn next to high pop player so from the start their game is lost.

Nothen is done to help the very inexperienced .

The fun is gone

• It's also up to players themselves to maybe help smaller players. You might think it's stupid, but someone might appreciate the gesture and you just might end up with a strong ally.

But no, common thing is simply raid/cata the small guy to death until he never wishes to return to the game.

Sure game devs could make it easier somehow, but it will always come down to this.

• if the game let's players destroy new players .

The option of a 5 gold /48 hour protective shield should be brought in.

Then both win game gets money players get protected .

• When it comes to new players never getting the chance to learn and play the game I've always had the idea to give unlimited beginners protection to all accounts until a specific conditions or actions were met. BP until you turn it off, or you attack another registered player or until you settle a second village or you reach 500 crop worth of troops. This way the new player can take as long as they want to figure things out without being attacked after limited BP. Gives them time to learn a few things on their own timeline instead of having a limited time. Most of the new players I've talked to over the years only wanted a little more time to figure things out before being attacked. Limit the number of troops you can build in BP, so the "surprise I'm out of BP" attack is minimized and the sim to endgame in BP wouldn't happen.

Granted there may be a lot of issues with this raw idea, but keeping new players is a topic that needs a lot of ideas because it is the #1 problem IMO.

I may have posted this in the wrong place since I skimmed most of the posts, but this thread made me think about this again. So I apologize.

• No amount of protection time is going to help newbies when vets can get like 35k hammers by day 25 (talking about speed)... There is no hope for new players other than seeking refuge in a strong alliance in the vicinity and grow alongside them.

• When it comes to new players never getting the chance to learn and play the game I've always had the idea to give unlimited beginners protection to all accounts until a specific conditions or actions were met. BP until you turn it off, or you attack another registered player or until you settle a second village or you reach 500 crop worth of troops. This way the new player can take as long as they want to figure things out without being attacked after limited BP. Gives them time to learn a few things on their own timeline instead of having a limited time. Most of the new players I've talked to over the years only wanted a little more time to figure things out before being attacked. Limit the number of troops you can build in BP, so the "surprise I'm out of BP" attack is minimized and the sim to endgame in BP wouldn't happen.

Granted there may be a lot of issues with this raw idea, but keeping new players is a topic that needs a lot of ideas because it is the #1 problem IMO.

I may have posted this in the wrong place since I skimmed most of the posts, but this thread made me think about this again. So I apologize.

there is merit in some of these ideas imo, but maybe better instructions in the tutorial would help. Such as build more than just a L1 cranny, and a L7 warehouse lol

No amount of protection time is going to help newbies when vets can get like 35k hammers by day 25 (talking about speed)... There is no hope for new players other than seeking refuge in a strong alliance in the vicinity and grow alongside them.

That's if the local strong alliance will accept new players, too many don't. One good thing about the new merged servers is that player or alliance numbers are increased therefore a better chance for a new player to get into one of the alliances.

Maybe the 60 player cap for an alliance could be tweaked, so that it is 60 players, plus 10 new players. It would be difficult to ensure the new players were actually new and not just a new email address, but might be worth exploring to encourage established alliances to recruit at least a few new players.

I have sometimes played as an alliance leader with the specific goal of recruiting new players and encouraging them to play, but it is a thankless and frustrating task, as I have found the vast majority of new players just don't realise how much time it will take to play this game well, and for new players it is also more important to play with gold to compete with more experienced players. I have often found that time and money are the biggest barriers for new players to finish their first server.