Server difficulty level

The forum will be offline for around 2 hours on Tuesday, December 17th starting from 12.30 GMT+1.
  • I don't understand this need to unnecessarily complicate things. It's a game. It requires some skill of course, but you don't need a degree to play it. All you need is a will to play and to mingle. And that has always been the strongest side of travian. The players interaction. Especially on international servers where you get the best diversity. I have never had issues with finding answers or people to help me with a question. You have alliance chat where you can always find someone willing to explain. Do you have a/holes too? Of course, but do you think they won't show up on beginner's servers just to mess with new players? Instead of focusing on diluting the numbers per server, maybe they should work on making the stable gaming environment. Because I honestly don't think that they are losing players because the game is too challenging. On the contrary. With this setup, you get months and months of doing practically nothing. Especially if you are willing to spam gold. If you are willing to learn and step up your game, you have more than enough time and opportunity as it is.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

• BlackBlade

If the issue is helping new player with onboarding then let me suggest a couple of other off-the-cuff ideas about how to communicate with new players. Getting them into an alliance helps, but only if the leaders are willing to help them.

1. Give new players an option to receive ongoing ingame messages with tips and links to content in the help files or forums. About four years ago, I made some videos for our alliance about some simple things like what to check when you are under attack instead of just panicking. I looked at them recently was surprised to see that people are still finding them and watching. To me, this is a sign that there is still an interest in the basics but my personal experience is that finding information on the forums or help files is not easy if you don't know the questions to ask.

2. Encourage the use of the ingame forum for alliances with better instruction on how to use the forum and sample files to use to populate. I remember we had stuff on not being a farm, early account growth, inactive raiding, and alliance courtesy (for chief villages, overbidding on auction, cleared farm, etc.)

The underlying issue for me is how do you change the attitude of some players when it comes to new players? If some basic information was easier to access, it would prevent a new player having to ask a question only to be mocked by other players and never actually getting an answer.

• Classic was more fun and challenging for teamwork is how I opine. The evolution of TG has basically been a run for the gold...

Just my 2 bits.

• Classic was more fun and challenging for teamwork is how I opine. The evolution of TG has basically been a run for the gold...

Just my 2 bits.

We can't blame TG completely because at the end of the day they are a business, they got people pay.

And let's face it, browser games popularity is decreasing every year. I don't like how TG keeps expanding and keep taking on more projects (games) when a lot of their games are not fixed yet.

Because, I'm sure TG knows about the rampant cheating that happens in Travian and I'm sure they know exactly what part of their system is being taken advantage of by cheaters. But they cannot/will not do anything about it is because all that is revenue. BB had a statistic somewhere where within one year, Travian lost around 200k players, because of their new bot detection program and also maybe the confed rule. They should just keep the game simple as a throwback because in a few years, browser games will become non-existent in the gaming community except for a select few who cannot or do not handle the rest of the gaming world that well.

TG should honestly stop trying to evolve and instead provide a small space for browser game enthusiasts to come here to relax and enjoy and get away from the noise of Triple AAA titles or in the near future, VR.

Dead. Everyone's dead.

As4 - Apocalypse

• Travian lost around 200k players, because of their new bot detection program and also maybe the confed rule.

I have not seen the statistics, but how did you determine the cause? Even if so, are you sure these players (or accounts?) were not bot users or multies who became less profitable under new rules?

• I have not seen the statistics, but how did you determine the cause? Even if so, are you sure these players (or accounts?) were not bot users or multies who became less profitable under new rules?

Entirely possible ... I don't disagree ... Just saying that the player base is reducing with each year which says something ... It could be bots or players, but from TG's point of view it's still a loss I would say

Dead. Everyone's dead.

As4 - Apocalypse

• bots... on tournament 2018 qualy alone they removed thousands of bots on each server...

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, Cup 2018 finals

• True brah!

But it sucks anyhow...