Artifact Plant Villas Under BP

• So there is a suspicious little account near me that decided to start about 4 days ago then settled second villa not on a cropper, but on a non-cropper villa which is coincidentally fairly close to where an artifact may spawn. He is still under BP because it extended even beyond the arti release time.

Problem is, he can develop at his heart's content now all the way up til he needs to send hero, and can even send attack on a natar under BP

This, to me, is an exploit. TG needs to either make the natars not attackable under BP

and/or

Make you exit BP if you settled 2nd villa out of BP.

and/or

Cut off registration long before artifacts.

Seriously, com1 is full of dirty little shenanigans.

..And that is the Final Word.

• Server registration should absolutely be shut off earlier in a server. There is absolutely no good reason to leave registration open this late. A new player will find themselves quickly devoured after BP runs out and veterans will find plenty of accounts beginning to open up that need new ownership. With the generally frequent restarts that occur there are plenty of younger servers for players to register on. All registration this late does is add farms (not a bad thing for existing players but definitely bad for newcomers) and be open for abuse by plants or bots.

Regarding the other points, the rules of BP need to be adjusted and automatic exit out of BP on settling village 2 is a very reasonable accommodation. That said I think BP in general needs a much larger overhaul but that is beyond the scope of this thread.

In this case the situation could be easily avoided by simply closing registration sooner. For a 1x server I would suggest closing registration on Day 50, exactly halfway to the first major server event and between 20-25% of the minimum server length.

• The BP system is fine as it is :) getting a second village does not mean one can easily get out of BP . It is a tactical point of view :)

Really would not make much of a difference :)

As to when you close registrations that can be up for debate and tweaked :)

• I would close registration after day 30 or 40 for a 1x server .. There really isn't any point in joining this late.
    For a 3x, it should close on day 20, because after that, all the protection from the biggest alliances will not save your sorry butt.

Dead... Everyone is gone.

• I would close registration after day 30 or 40 for a 1x server .. There really isn't any point in joining this late.
    For a 3x, it should close on day 20, because after that, all the protection from the biggest alliances will not save your sorry butt.

Usually servers are 40-50 days apart :)

So as a company i think it makes sense to close 1 registration as soon as a new one is open .. Anything prior to it, as a customer, if i wanna play where do i go ?

• The BP system is fine as it is :) getting a second village does not mean one can easily get out of BP . It is a tactical point of view :)

Really would not make much of a difference :)

As to when you close registrations that can be up for debate and tweaked :)

Figures you would have no objection to abuse of the BP mechanic from these supposed "beginners".

• For fun I decided to check the number of days between servers on the English domains this year. I only looked at the vanilla 1x servers.

COM Average: 55 days
    UK: 56.33
    US: 58
    AU: 61.5

Longer than I expected, but when you factor in speed and specials I expect the average would decrease. That said 60 / 65 days might be better to ensure there is always a 1x Legends server available. Of course this could be modified if other actions are taken, like rolling AU/UK/US into a single domain and off-setting those starts with COM and perhaps a single registration popup for on the homepage from the combined domain & COM (or the individual AU/UK/US and/or COM).

• Figures you would have no objection to abuse of the BP mechanic from these supposed "beginners".

On the point of no objections , you know me there is barely anything that i object too , despite being misunderstood most times :P

On the point of abuse :: Like i said i could not care less i am just amazed that such a thing exsists and i had no clue about it :D
    The rules are same for all , the system is same for all what differs is the interpretations .

My only objection to your post was that you said BP should end as soon as second village is settled, this is completely incorrect imo.

Being a non gold user or a semi gold user, lets say i launch my second village and it lands at the time I am sleeping, ofcourse lets assume i am just 1 week late to register.

I land to the 100 % next to your 150% cropper . If BP ends as soon as i land i will have empty warehouses when i wake up and the battle becomes even more uphill.

I get you have a problem , I understand that, but I just disagree to the solution of tweaking BP, it is fine as it is :)

Change the registrations all you want who cares :D

One system, one rule for all :)

• Well let’s face it he isn’t going to have anuff troops to attack natars if he’s still in bp and just joined so he won’t have a army big anuff to take the artie so there is really no reason for this thread

As for bp it’s there to help people who are new to the game or who use it as part of there strat in my eyes I don’t mind it it’s useful

• Well let’s face it he isn’t going to have anuff troops to attack natars if he’s still in bp and just joined so he won’t have a army big anuff to take the artie so there is really no reason for this thread

There is plenty reason for this thread. The account doesn't need an army big enough to clear artefacts, all it needs is catas and/or a hero.

Looks like you might not know about cata villages in general... But they're a thing. What makes this form of cata village different from others though, is that you can cata, chief and continiously raid to slow down development and destroy ordinary cata villages when/if you spot them... Whereas nothing can be done about this one, as it's in BP.

As for bp it’s there to help people who are new to the game or who use it as part of there strat in my eyes I don’t mind it it’s useful

This is not a newbie, and as for strategy... Ordinary cata villages take planning, teamwork and execution to build and use - and it's on the enemy teams to be vigillant and spot them and neutralize their threat before they are developed. While these BP protected cata villages reduce interaction between players and teams, which in turn exactly removes strategy and tactical interaction from the game.

All that is needed is 60 catas which will take you less than 3 days. And resources can be sent to an account under BP so no issue really. They settled much faster than usual as well.

• I actually agree with @A-nub-is Changing BP rules does not make much sense to me. Servers simply need to be closed sooner, just closing them for registration as soon as new one open would be sufficient.

• This has been a feature and a tactic used MANY times in past servers. I personally feel that using the word "exploit" is wrong, as it suggest we're taking advantage of a bug...then again, we are the ones being attacked so maybe I am a little biased?

I thoroughly agree that the ability to spawn on a new server should be limited to much earlier in the server. As it stands however? The feature is there, the ability to create cata villages is there and its not a strategy without counter...

Raiding villages, if planned properly, does very little to counteract catapult villages. Provided that you have queued the required catapults (this is not many resources), then anything short of completely destroying the village will not do much. Development is as fast as it takes for 400k resources to come in and the length of time it takes you to click "Complete construction immediately". As for destroying the cata village itself? This proves a little harder than you may think, I think TEN will attest to this :).

So what's the counter to this? Well, you guys already have the answer - settle right next to them.

• I think you need to reread the initial post. But good on you to use BP like, yes, an exploit. Doesn't need to be a bug. For example, using vacation mode to shield from future attacks, then jumping out when its clear is also an exploit. It is using a game mechanic as it is not intended. In this case it is BP mechanic.

• Whatever happened to the cannot confirm or deny theory? :D

For example, using vacation mode to shield from future attacks, then jumping out when its clear is also an exploit. It is using a game mechanic as it is not intended. In this case it is BP mechanic.

Again the vacation mode thing is quiet accurate the way it is :) I would totally get rid of that feature none the less but since its there , the exploit you talking about is actually one of the better uses of it , why do you not defend attacks ideally
    1. you do not have enough troops
    2. you do not have enough time

usually from my experience since i play with pre mades only its people who do not have time that go into vacation, plus there are half a dozen ways to keep a player out of vacation.

Plus I swear when anyone says this isn't the intended use of things or this isn't how the spirit envisioned it , where do i find a guideline to this, cause when anyone says stuff like that all i interpret it as is there is only 1 way of doing things and that is our way :D

The wolf and sour grapes is what always comes to mind :D.

Well my interest in changing BP is beyond the situation at hand. I think it needs to be improved so it has better value for new players.

Everyone knows the problem and your solution to it is? :D , other than sunday school for newbees which again i would have named it as sunday schooling from veterans , cause really who other than me likes to be called a noob.

I actually agree with @A-nub-is

This is so going into my signature as soon as i can figure it out :D ,
    PS can someone tell me how i have exhausted all known methods to me :D

• Everyone knows the problem and your solution to it is? :D , other than sunday school for newbees which again i would have named it as sunday schooling from veterans , cause really who other than me likes to be called a noob.

You are not alone in this world , my fellow nub :D