Artifact Plant Villas Under BP

• TBH on version T3.6 registration used to be open till artefact, and I saw this tactic used lot of times. Till when there are real people who spawns account is not a cheat, is using (not abusing) a game mechanic.
    On T4 this is the very first time I saw spawning new account possible so late in game, last rounds registration were closed in advance.
    Vacation mode is a game mechanic too. Who decide that a game mechanic was intended for something else and you cant use it to your own (account and team) benefit? When you plan and Op you just have to take in consideration the "enemy" can activate vacation mode on one or two targets.
    Moreover on com1 I saw using ban as mean to not being attacked and that is a cheat.

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

(Symphaty for the Devil, Rolling Stones, ages ago)

fnx wrote:

I have to admit last year Villains played cleaner than us

• As for destroying the cata village itself? This proves a little harder than you may think, I think TEN will attest to this :).

No kidding... it's hard when the village is in BP...

cause really who other than me likes to be called a noob.

I'm a pro noob 8) not an ordinary noob like you.

• I'm a pro noob not an ordinary noob like you.

A-nub-is a noob , I dont discriminate :P

Same rules for all noobs :D, Also on that note i read something interesting :D

Whats popular is not always right, whats right is not always popular :D

And I am glad I am popular :P

Just felt like sharing :D

• TBH on version T3.6 registration used to be open till artefact, and I saw this tactic used lot of times. Till when there are real people who spawns account is not a cheat, is using (not abusing) a game mechanic.
    On T4 this is the very first time I saw spawning new account possible so late in game, last rounds registration were closed in advance.
    Vacation mode is a game mechanic too. Who decide that a game mechanic was intended for something else and you cant use it to your own (account and team) benefit? When you plan and Op you just have to take in consideration the "enemy" can activate vacation mode on one or two targets.
    Moreover on com1 I saw using ban as mean to not being attacked and that is a cheat.

Vacation Mode is intended for those who needed to be able to go on holiday without worry of coming back to a completely decimated account. Why do you think there were so many restrictions put in place just to turn it on? Because it can be abused, just how I suggested, and TG know this. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, nor does it make it right, nor does it give you much respect if its underhanded. You can use ban to your benefit, CWL did it en masse and that got upended. You could lock WWs with single villas, but that got upended. It all points to "fairness" and skill being appreciated, not abuse of in-game protections hard coded into the game. *That* is why we say it is abuse. An experienced player using BP to start an account late in game just to grow a cata villa unmolested is abuse of BP, which was intended for beginners not to be overwhelmed at start. Why is it that just because you "seen it many times" you think its okay to do? You see multi-ing, botting, teching, spiking a lot too, and I'm sure we all know people who argue for/against. Just remember, if you spend your time wallowing in the mud, don't be surprised if people decide to return the favor, or not even play against you in the long run. Its your reputation.

..And that is the Final Word.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Final Word ().

• And that is the final word :D (Always wanted to say it out loud)

Vacation Mode is intended for those who needed to be able to go on holiday without worry of coming back to a completely decimated account. Why do you think there were so many restrictions put in place just to turn it on? Because it can be abused, just how I suggested, and TG know this

None of your team mates ever gone on vacation mode while the they were not vacationing ? May be we should add a mode where in you have to scan your flight boarding passes / web tickets as proof before you can go on vacation mode in game (sarcasm) :p and upload holiday pictures so you can come out of it :P

*That* is why we say it is abuse

Who is this we , this spirit , the basic moral compass of the game, the north star, the guardian of the galaxy.

Why is it that just because you "seen it many times" you think its okay to do?

Duh... she is doing it (cannot confirm or deny) (and ain't kinky) , but assuming its self explanatory.

Just remember, if you spend your time wallowing in the mud, don't be surprised if people decide to return the favor, or not even play against you in the long run. Its your reputation.

As far as the subtle threat , play dont play your choice i guess (not hitting delete is also a choice :D) , Villains have been on com1 for 2 servers why did TEN choose to spawn this third time, SGR are there by default :D
    And this is where you lost the plot as per me, cause from being objective you have turned to propaganda :D .

As far as this-nub-is concerned , i got to know new stuff I am sure the rest of the folks would also be enlightened cause i have a 10 year medal and hell I did not know this was possible :D

PS :: The rest of it is a matter of perspective , haters gonna hater, lovers shall spread the love :) , I know I ain't right or respected in the eyes of the few but my two cents say its a war game every competitive edge should be explored , If its that big an issue TG will fix it , like how the rest got "upended" (new word thanks :P)

I am glad I ain't playing this round .. to the arties tomorrow

The bottom line being ::

Registrations need to be fixed :D is the only plausible solution amidst all the propaganda .

• None of your team mates ever gone on vacation mode while the they were not vacationing ? May be we should add a mode where in you have to scan your flight boarding passes / web tickets as proof before you can go on vacation mode in game (sarcasm) and upload holiday pictures so you can come out of it :p

I never said this was ok. Maybe stick to the argument and not use a strawman?

Who is this we , this spirit , the basic moral compass of the game, the north star, the guardian of the galaxy.

Those who disagree in the use of tactic? Those who disagree implies they think it is abuse. C'mon Nub, I think you're just talking now for the sake of talking (and defending team mates - which is fine).

• Vacation Mode is intended for those who needed to be able to go on holiday without worry of coming back to a completely decimated account. Why do you think there were so many restrictions put in place just to turn it on? Because it can be abused, just how I suggested, and TG know this.

Yes it is and it is a game mechanic, not a cheat. Whatever game mechanic changes it will change strategies. No point in complaining, I saw vacation mode used against my OP and I used it in some cases.

You can use ban to your benefit, CWL did it en masse and that got upended.

We can argue that ban is a game mechanic too... but I still consider that as a cheat, so I dont use it.

You could lock WWs with single villas, but that got upended.

This is a nice trick, I think Vinci saw it done against their WW. None come in forum complaining.

. An experienced player using BP to start an account late in game just to grow a cata villa unmolested is abuse of BP, which was intended for beginners not to be overwhelmed at start. Why is it that just because you "seen it many times" you think its okay to do? You see multi-ing, botting, teching, spiking a lot too, and I'm sure we all know people who argue for/against. Just remember, if you spend your time wallowing in the mud, don't be surprised if people decide to return the favor, or not even play against you in the long run. Its your reputation.

Multing (and tech accounts) and botting are cheat: means using something that is not part of game mechanic. Can you see the difference?
    Spiking is something really boring, annoying and IMHO pretty idiotic, but not against the rules.
    This game is beautiful because playing by the rules you can vary your strategies and your tactics. Or we really want everyone playing in the very same way? All of us we're supposed to spend hrs and hrs clicking on farmlist?
    Is there an unque way to play travian? your maybe?

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

(Symphaty for the Devil, Rolling Stones, ages ago)

fnx wrote:

I have to admit last year Villains played cleaner than us

• You see, we have things you consider cheat and others not. Interesting what some think it is ok to do and others do not. I've made my point, and others have too but we will not see eye to eye and pointless to argue. So before it devolves any further,

Mod @Templar Knight please lock thread. Thanks in advance.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Final Word ().

• Hello Everyone

I included this thread in my report for this week as there are debates for and against the different aspects of registration.
    As per the OP I will lock this thread to let some feelings settle.

Be cool everyone and maybe we can reopen in a day or 2.

:|