The tragic tale of KnowToFail

• Note: a lot of reports were excluded either because there were simply too many of them and werent importatnt to the story, or I couldnt find it (aka. the Putin 110k hammer hit on day 90 or so).

The time before the UK1 - round 12.

The glorious days of UK1 round 11 have just finished. The warriors were exhausted and tired of constant battles. P managed to out-build other alliances and claimed the victory. The atmosphere in Betrayed was tense. Many players felt robbed. The small group worked their butts off to deal with BORG, bring them down, only for them to start feeling the heat from P immidiately after. They promised eachother to return and go hard from the start. The few months in between servers, every warrior rested and prepared for the battles to come.

Round start

The brave warriors of Betrayed spawned in SW. While they were happily renewing friendships and talking stories about their adventures in between, a dark evil force started to rally on their position. After some asking around in taverns, they found out that P returned! This time under a different name. Both alliances began recruiting and started to prepare for the battles to come. The rivalry immidiately heated up and plans were made. GG decided to not move far with most of the players while Betrayed used their wisdom and experience and moved a bit further out to not be under constant pressure from GG. GG started to get agressive early on. Small raiding companies visited Betrayed many times and we answered the best we could. In our hearts we felt we had to start showing some life and decided to strike back! We raillied our troops and went into battle...

Z26 attacks Four Horsemen - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools
    Daisy Cutter attacks Four Horsemen - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools

WHAT? A DEFEAT?! We might have lost the battle, but the war is far from over. We sat back and asked ourselves where we went wrong. We had to revise our plan, since we seriously underestimated GG it seems. While Betrayed was planning future operations and training men for battle, GG decided its time to strike back and make Betrayed run for the hills.

Thematic006 attacks Z26 - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools
    St George. attacks KnowToFail - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools

While all of this was going on, the word was slowly coming to the distant Betrayed players that their men need support. And lots of it. Those players developed their villages into maginificent mansions and more and more people wanted to be apart of those settlments. Their numbers grew faster and faster. Swords were sharpened, shields were reinforsed. And off they went to help. There were many bloodbaths and sacrifices had to be made. But all for the greater good.

Woodsy attacks HoneyBadger - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools
    Tot attacks Aleuls - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools

All people around me had blood stains on their clothes, we were being wore down. But our morale was high. In the middle of the night, my comander comes to me and tells me that he sees a large force coming towards our spawn village. "SOUND THE ALARMS! WAKE THE ELDERS!" I shout. Just as St George was about to breach through the gates, friendly troops came and saved the day. The village and its people were safe.

St George. attacks KnowToFail - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools

I promised myself and other warriors that I will do everything in my power to stop GG in every way possible.

Many more battles were fought, but most were already forgotten by many. Those days were long gone.

Both sides troops started to get exhausted. Plenty of GG troops died. Plenty of Betrayed troops died. Back and forth scrapping for everything anyone could get their hands on. Here I was, thinking Im on top of the world, killing GG hammers left and right, having fun with other players and enjoying my days under the sun. But in all this fighting, I lost the sight of the bigger picture. As I was browsing through artefact spawns for previous servers and making preparations for their release, a scout came to me and told me that a large enemy was approaching our border with unknown intentions. Spy saw Losers banners. As they crossed the border to the SW, it was already too late. Bloodbath was ensured. I was running around like a headless chicken. Everyone reported spotting strage activity near their villages and everyone was concerned. We have never seen such organisation from GG and it was a 1st for us. After the initial hit, I got told, that as soon as they lose their men, that they would retreat to a foreign land and enjoy their life there.

Some druids still sing about these massacares.
    Converter - Battle reports Travian <-probably the most insane hammer Ive seen built on day 90 ish of the server.
    Converter - Battle reports Travian
    Donald Trump attacks The Janitor - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools
    Donald Putin attacks Setyz Horn - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools
    Donald Trump attacks Setyz Horn - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools
    Donald Putin attacks KnowToFail - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools

After all of these hits, GG managed to regroup a bit, but to little effect.

St George. attacks The Janitor - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools
    keepcalm attacks The Janitor - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools

Then there was artefact release. Between us, we managed to get a lot of good artefacts and GG managed to get a handfull. After some time, Ive decided its time to finish with GG, so that we could then look towards bigger picture. I made plans, rallied peoples troops. There were kind enough to trust me with their generals and off they went. The walks were long.

POOF. Another one where we completely missed. GG managed to rally their defense and other support also arrived. One last farewell from Losers to truly knock us down.

Luckily we had some good artefacts to start rebuilding hammers. We could finnaly rest for a few days. Our troops were exhaused, we took some hits, but in the words of Kelly Clarkson - what doesnt kill you makes your stronger. Small scraps were still happening back and forth, some villages were lost, some villages were conquered.

End game

After some time, word came that fighting in other quadrant (note, I am implying NW here) stopped. Their armies reached an agreement. And looked down. Surely they have their own battles to report from and had revised their end game and decided to look at other contenders for the victory. They selected us.

When the 1st reports of agressive troop movement started to get spotted, we realised that we are facing a completely another beast then GG. GotN and MFH came prepared and ready to fight.

After 2 weeks, my I felt exhausted and felt like I need to take a break. I told my comander im going to a foreign land to visit an old friend of mine, drink beer and meet gorgeous women. I traveled 7000km away and had a blast. The food was good, the people were even better and the experience was simply amazing. But I had to return, to try and help out my brothers in arms in their fight. As I came back, I saw some villages shambeled, some houses were on fire, fields were burned to the ground. But men were alive and angry. I went to work. I tried to plan the defensive stragegy, but something felt off. I just couldnt get myself together and focused on the task at hand. Some say I went mad. After the next hits on our players, I had to be restrained from doing anything stupid that I would regret. I decided its better for me, to take a step back and focus on other things in life, such as women and beer. I put my sword down and walked towards the sunset...

NOTE: A lot of reports were left out, since it has been going on for over 170 days. If you felt I misrepresented the situations, feel free to post your reports in the comments and Ill edit them in.

The after-life
    I wish my fellow Betrayed members good luck. I will still be present on the Snow White account, but Ill be much less active. You know where to reach me and Ill respond to my brothers in arms if they will need it. Consider this my resignation letter from any position I previously had in Betrayed.

I would also like to thank the following players:

Crimson - for helping me and covering for me while I was absent. We were a force to be reckoned with and you never let me down.
    Tr1n1ty Forc3 - Ali, you were here whenever I needed you or your troops :D You were a blast to play with and I wish we meet again. Peter - same goes for you. You played a major role in helping me when I needed some troops on-the-go.
    Pravus - my fellow slavic brother. You helped whenever you could. Together we took down the GG members near us and you never hesitated for a second.
    Tree - Thanks for all those emotes you brought to Betrayed. And thanks for your good spirit throughout the server, even when I walled your hammer :feelscozyman:
    The small group that called themselves SS - You took me in, despite me not being down there with you guys. You were always there, chatting, having fun and memeing till eternity. I wish your goal succeeds and Ill make sure Ill be here for the fireworks in the end :D
    Spirit - Thanks for inviting me to the server. It was anything but boring. I wish you all the best in the future.
    Mafia - for letting me kill your druids early on, whenever I needed them. Dem fast bois were always home when I needed them :)
    St George. - for indirecly motivating me to keep on going, as long as I needed to go to kill GG troops. GG is the reason I tried for as long as I did.
    Anyone that ever trusted me - thanks for that. I know its hard to give your troops away, while your own villages are under attack. Hopefully I did well enough and if I didnt, I am sorry. This truly is the best I could do in terms of organisation and strategy.

Good luck and farewell,

KnowToFail

The post was edited 4 times, last by KnowToFail: Crunch and Miles are special flowers. ().

• Good account of the server so far from Betrayed's view point, will be interesting to see how much this affects Betrayed.

What reports are you meant to show off if you're a defensive player? :(

My name is Alex, not Mark :)

• for those who can't be bothered to read it all and want a quick summary

Ktf deleted

tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?

• Hi KTF, do you know if this hammer has been done honestly and all by himself or it needed some "help" for being achieved?

It was a 2 person 24/7 account that raided more then the next 9 people combined. Many cheat accusations, many MH reports, but hasnt been banned. So I can only assume legit, even tho I have no idea how :D

• It was a 2 person 24/7 account that raided more then the next 9 people combined. Many cheat accusations, many MH reports, but hasnt been banned. So I can only assume legit, even tho I have no idea how :D

um, speaking as someone who once sat a very small 2 villa account that raided 24/7 and only 3 duals, it is possible to raid 24/7 and be legit. I know that during my 6 hour sitter coverage, I was pretty much tied to the laptop since raids were sent out. But it was a great learning experience in learning how to manage raiding and wheat management.

• um, speaking as someone who once sat a very small 2 villa account that raided 24/7 and only 3 duals, it is possible to raid 24/7 and be legit. I know that during my 6 hour sitter coverage, I was pretty much tied to the laptop since raids were sent out. But it was a great learning experience in learning how to manage raiding and wheat management.

Yeah, but you can imagine that people had their doubts. If 1 account raids more then the next 9 combined, its gonna raise some suspitions. Im still not sure how I feel about that account, but this sure was a nice hammer.

• Yeah, but you can imagine that people had their doubts. If 1 account raids more then the next 9 combined, its gonna raise some suspitions. Im still not sure how I feel about that account, but this sure was a nice hammer.

There were a ton of doubts about this account. The plan had been one villa only but they had to settle for 2. The second villa wasa for storage. And there was not a field above 5 in either villa. This account was the largest rammer on a slow server on .us. And they raided like crazy.

And the account did end up trouble but the mh was able to clear them. Although, I lost a ton of D sitting in their villas when it happened. Actually both times.

I am sure there are still some around who still think that they were cheating. But having seen the inside of the account, I know otherwise. I also know that the account was stressful on all of the duals and they didn't return back to the game.

• There were a ton of doubts about this account. The plan had been one villa only but they had to settle for 2. The second villa wasa for storage. And there was not a field above 5 in either villa. This account was the largest rammer on a slow server on .us. And they raided like crazy.
    And the account did end up trouble but the mh was able to clear them. Although, I lost a ton of D sitting in their villas when it happened. Actually both times.

I am sure there are still some around who still think that they were cheating. But having seen the inside of the account, I know otherwise. I also know that the account was stressful on all of the duals and they didn't return back to the game.

Bet you didnt openly have people clearing oasis for you in bp :p

• Nah he cheated out of his hinny[/i]

Didn’t have a single attack point until week 10 despite being the top raider throughout hitting solely oasis.

Not to mention the 19 accounts that settled in the grey and just happened to get chiefed without building a single troops or a residence.

Amazing what you can get away with these days.

That said though they were still immense raiders and great players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: naughty words get Crunchie's fingers in trouble ().

• That's all nice chitchat notorious crunchie but by brief check of gettertools players can notice that account you're accusing now of cheating wasn't even close to grey and chiefed just 1 spawn next to cap village.
    Donald Putin - Players - ts1.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools

They probably didn't learn enough from player Charles Vane who knows how to breed own push accounts and then chief them.
    Skeletor - Players - ts4.travian.co.uk - Getter-Tools

Maybe next time right?
    With that, its a bit sad that you're trying to take blind punches at people that no longer even play the server.