Defending allies(crop)

• This is sort of a nuanced suggestion relying heavily on the fact that the confed rule from PTP is added to normal live servers. (This is the rule that you can send reins to only allies or confeds)

Now I'm sure for everyone there has been times where a fellow member is being attacked and you know it but your friend is offline and you can only watch his account go down in flames. I have often wished to send reins in blind but always held back due to the fear that he wont be able to feed them and we dont know the situation in that attacked village.

What i propose is this. When you send reinforcements to your friends, the reinforcer will be able to see the crop balance in that village once the troops arrive. As in the reinforcer will get a breakdown of how much crop his troops are consuming and how much overall crop is being consumed by troops from third parties. And have a red indication when the crop is about to get over in that village so that the troops don't starve. This way, defenders will have it more easy. And since most of Travian's player base is working adults, there are times where the account will be offline even with sitters.

Of course, I dont mean this to be heaving in favor of the defenders. You will still not be able to know how much crop there is already there in that village and the granary size. Which will enforce a greater need for communication so that from time to time you tell your allies what you granary level.

It will be something like this:

My troop consumption: -643
    Total troop consumption: -1672
    Remaining balance: +234

If people could add to this suggestion it would be nice.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• This is silly, if I wanted a scout of a village I’m attacking all I have to do is send 1 troop to reinforce and I could get an idea of how much defence is there. I could work out players hammer sizes by sending a troop to reinforce. Much cheaper than scouting.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

• This is silly, if I wanted a scout of a village I’m attacking all I have to do is send 1 troop to reinforce and I could get an idea of how much defence is there. I could work out players hammer sizes by sending a troop to reinforce. Much cheaper than scouting.

I dont think you read my post correctly. Read the first line but slowly this time.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

• Still, any spy account can.

Agreed. :(

• I want to make a small change to this. Instead of the above .. How about an alert to the players who have troops defending a certain village which has gone negative? Like as soon as it goes negative the players get an alert in the message box or in reports.

By negative I mean, when the granary has become empty and people start losing troops.