AA - What the future holds for our old bones!

• US appears to be putting together a team for this server as well. If all the teams stated they would join do, it is likely there is going to be some overlap in quads. Fun times!

• US appears to be putting together a team for this server as well. If all the teams stated they would join do, it is likely there is going to be some overlap in quads. Fun times!

How will we know this without a merged domain place to discuss on here? We need a section on the forums to get in trouble on.

Bo knows! Mace are like bees... a few of them are harmless but a swarm will kill you.
    Blah blah blah.... been playing sense US started then quit that domain. Im morbid/pika/thrawn/noob juice etc....
    I've played on all the English speaking servers many many times along with a few others I never understood a single IGM sent to me.

• Whilst I have my own thoughts, that part of the conversation has already been outlined in the server announcement. It'll happen once the existing game worlds for each of the separated domains has ended.

Given we're all posting on UK already, perhaps a gentlemanly agreement to continue posting about the combined server on UK will suffice? :)

• No problem, jaruby

Create a thread, and I will make similar with redirection-links to the other domains until we also have a merged domain here on forum.
    Then all will know where the discussion-thread are :)

At the moment, it could be an idea, to choose AU, UK and US under Settings too, then it's also easy to subscribe to a thread or threads you want to follow.
    Let me know if I can be any help here.

• Whilst I have my own thoughts, that part of the conversation has already been outlined in the server announcement. It'll happen once the existing game worlds for each of the separated domains has ended.

Given we're all posting on UK already, perhaps a gentlemanly agreement to continue posting about the combined server on UK will suffice? :)

No problem, jaruby

Create a thread, and I will make similar with redirection-links to the other domains until we also have a merged domain here on forum.
    Then all will know where the discussion-thread are :)

At the moment, it could be an idea, to choose AU, UK and US under Settings too, then it's also easy to subscribe to a thread or threads you want to follow.
    Let me know if I can be any help here.

^That also works. :D

As I am sure you have heard I have al the domains set already, I was just hoping there was an easy spot for everyone involved to go to start the discussions. I would start it up but I didnt know where to put it. UK, US, AU, COM. I am not allowed to start a thread in all of them anymore so I guess Ill just wait until the newly named area is opened I guess.

Bo knows! Mace are like bees... a few of them are harmless but a swarm will kill you.
    Blah blah blah.... been playing sense US started then quit that domain. Im morbid/pika/thrawn/noob juice etc....
    I've played on all the English speaking servers many many times along with a few others I never understood a single IGM sent to me.

• Com will not be a part of the merged domains :)

I know. But it is an "English" domain. That is what I mean. Where should a combined domain thread go? See, it is confusing for the leyman to find :)

Post was edited 1 time, last by jaruby ().

• It is for now but a new language pack will be added at some point in the future. I didn't find the announcement that clear as to when the merged language pack would be added. I think we won't see it until all existing game worlds end from AU/UK/US... which won't be for at least a few months. I think Us1 was the last start on Aug 7, which would put a new language pack around March 23rd. (230 days later)

It is suggested something will happen when the first joint server is up but it doesn't specifically mention a new language pack (which is what we need)

Could we get some clarification on this? @sommerfuglen_NO

Anglosphere Legends on Tour 2019 Representative

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play

• It is for now but a new language pack will be added at some point in the future. I didn't find the announcement that clear as to when the merged language pack would be added. I think we won't see it until all existing game worlds end from AU/UK/US... which won't be for at least a few months. I think Us1 was the last start on Aug 7, which would put a new language pack around March 23rd. (230 days later)

It is suggested something will happen when the first joint server is up but it doesn't specifically mention a new language pack (which is what we need)

Could we get some clarification on this? @sommerfuglen_NO

Exactly. Why is it so difficult to get an official spot for all of this?

• This is largely speculation however I believe they want to avoid the confusion of running the combined language pack at the same time as existing AU/UK/US ones. I don't think there is any real technical challenge, rather the issue is in how to handle the currently running servers on those language packs. There are 10 active servers I think that share the same domain number. The only real work is in moving over all the threads, which shouldn't be that difficult depending on what the Mod tools look like. (simply various levels of time consuming). Though I suppose there may be some technical issue in making all the current AU/UK/US language users also users of the new language pack.

Add to that that I don't know if they can create forums for specific languages only, they don't want to create a ton of sub-forums for each of the existing servers and clutter up the Game Worlds tab for every user regardless of language. (Obviously individual users can shut them off manually but it would still be a downside)

That said, I think it is entirely possible to create the merged language pack now. The troubles of servers with the same number can be avoided through something as simple as having Mods (I know extra work sorry) add an identifier to each thread name in the Embassies. I.e [US1] Random Chatter or [UK1 BR Thread.

I think it can all be done relatively easily (growing pains to be expected and a little work to do it) but Travian moves at its own pace. So even if the staff on the ground are capable of doing it, they may well need to wait for word on high to actually get something done.

Hence why I asked for clarification though. I want to be sure my understanding of the timing is correct and get an understanding as to why. Then we can merrily raise our concerns and fight for a better solution if need be.

Anglosphere Legends on Tour 2019 Representative

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play

• I agree a combined forum would be a lot better for the start of this exciting new server but I'm not sure the time frame will allow Travian Games to actually sort anything out even if they wanted to. We all know they operate at a "steady" pace.

Looking forward to the US team forming and taking part. Expecting more than one US alliance though and also hope that the US do not think they need to form up into a 3 wing alliance to play :)

• The information we has been given so far, is this:

As soon as the existing game worlds end, we will set up a new language pack and move all threads/post and users setting to this language. This will allow to simplify the communication within all the participants to the same game world.

So new language pack won't be implemented until the existing game world has ended, as far as I can understand.

I do understand you all have a lot questions, but at moment the information that ameno gave, is all we have.
    We collect your questions and concerns, and as soon as we have more information, we will share this with you.

• I don’t see why we can’t just get a merged forum now, and just move all the current threads from the 3 domains to that one, so we have all threads in one place?

And then give us the ability to set the tag on the thread as “UK”, “US”, “AU” or “English” or whatever the merged server is gonna be called.

• As much as I hate agreeing with lemon and how annoying all the new threads from other domains will be, I reckon he is right.

Might as well begin integrating the player base and you’ll only have to deal with everyone moaning once the new server starts about the state of the forum

• Okay 29th it is, merged server is a good idea and hopefully it will attract enough to create a decent server!

AA are recruiting so any previous AA players or others interested just drop me a mail or grab me on Skype - andyeppy81

Good times ahead for everyone concerned :)

And for those who don't wish to join a small group of players who are very clicky and will use you just as their pawns for their own needs then hit me up.

#equalityamongstateam #AAwho

• Or from 99.9% of the people who have actually played in AA "A group of friendly players who don't use anyone but do everything we can to help any member big or small"

Strong comment Ryder from someone who has never spent any time in AA. I do agree we are small though :)