Biggest problem with the new tribes - moral dilemma

• Now that I have first hand experience with the new tribes in my mind there is a single most efficient strategy for an ambitious off-player.

And that strategy really is by far the best. And that's the dilemma, not pursing it is a huge disadvantage but pursuing it feels like cheating for most players in our alliance.

Sooo... I guess it is apparent for everyone who played the closed beta BUT I do like to state the obvious.

Egyptians have an insane capital bonus and they are the fastes to settle. So they also get the best croppers.
    If I want to maximize that benefit I am forced to have one dual register an Egyptian account and have him settle that juicy 125% or 150% 15c cropper, settle next to him with the Huns second village, let him increase the fields to 10 and maybe pay attention that the Egyptian has more pop than the Hun. And then I chief that perfect already maximized capital as v3, delete the Egyptian and take the missing dual back into our account.

And the worst thing is it does not violate the rules directly. You are circumventing rules (no chiefing inside the alliance) and that could be interpreted as a violation of the rules but the SCMs/CMs and every other TG official says that is a valid strategy (probably because it's pretty gold intensive?).

Buuut it still feels like cheating ... even though it is officially sanctioned -.-

It annoys the heck out of me tbh. I don't want to play that way but it is sooo much better than every other way... I'm sure many of you did come to the same unfortunate conclusion, may I ask: what does your gut say?

• It does violate rule 1.1. directly. The egyptians account does not play for it's own benefit. How is it different from having duals register separate accounts on regular server and clear oases for main? I am pretty sure I can find your posts on the issue on the forum.

My personal line on friendly chiefing goes by intend. If you intend to delete the account it is clearly cheating. Chiefing from an account that is planned to stay for whole server is not an issue in my eyes. Impossible to differ till it the cheat happens of course.

• It does violate rule 1.1. directly. The egyptians account does not play for it's own benefit. How is it different from having duals register separate account on regular server and clear oases for main? I am pretty sure I can find your posts on the issue on the forum.

The problem with that statement is that it's only your personal interpretation of the rules.

TG's official politic and statements are that it does not violate any rules.

So you can say "my interpretation of the rules is more important than what TG says the rules are" but that logic isn't thaaat compelling.

• It is not my opinion. It is what rule says. Can you please show me official interpretation of the rules on the subject? And you have not answer the question regarding oases clearing.

• It does violate rule 1.1. directly. The egyptians account does not play for it's own benefit. How is it different from having duals register separate accounts on regular server and clear oases for main? I am pretty sure I can find your posts on the issue on the forum.

My personal line on friendly chiefing goes by intend. If you intend to delete the account it is clearly cheating. Chiefing from an account that is planned to stay for whole server is not an issue in my eyes. Impossible to differ till it the cheat happens of course.

But how can the MH prove the account is your buddys?
    Maybe it's just someone random who had the bad luck to land next to the hun and lose his cap and therefor delete and later realize he knows the huns from earlier servers and join their acc?

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)

• Well, I can show you that I asked exactly this question in the forum one year ago when the shift in the rule-paradigm became apparent. But we could also just wait for a TG official to once again confirm it. That's the easier way because I don't want to search 10 minutes until I find the several threads that deal with exactly that question.
    But if not official statement is made until tonight, I will do you this favor. Although we both know that it's a fools errand because you know the answer already.

Your oases question is exactly the same: It is not against a rule if a player cleans several oases for you. Even if he planned from the start to later play in your account. Even if the only and sole purpose of this oasis-cleaner-acc is to clean oasis for another account. As long as a real player is playing that acc it is not multiaccounting and not forbidden by the rules.

• But how can the MH prove the account is your buddys?Maybe it's just someone random who had the bad luck to land next to the hun and lose his cap and therefor delete and later realize he knows the huns from earlier servers and join their acc?

I am not talking about proofs etc. You know. Moral dilemma mentioned in first post is not about being caught I assume.

@Schneeente Lets wait. @Ameno @Templar Knight can we please have official TG statement on the subject? By official I mean a statement which I can show any MH later in case an account gets banned or not get banned for doing this.

Yes, oases clearing is the same. Shall I search your posts or you will agree you had different view on this in connection to oases?

The post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• I am not talking about profs etc. You know. Moral dilemma mentioned in first post is not about being caught I assume.

I mean when you mentioned it violated rule 1.1 since the rule is poorly written and therefor very hard to prove but maybe thats just how i see it :/

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)

• Think I'm staying out of this one. Just know im probably here:

<---- FW............Ele....................Scheeente......----> of this debate

..And that is the Final Word.

It's not cheating, mind you. It's just a move, that's all. If you were to go on about ''not for own benefit'' then parking and everything else would be cheating as well.

It's a rather run-around of a rule, which is already very leaky, poorly defined and whatnot. And besides, almost everywhere you look that rule is being broken in a million ways unfortunately...

• Yes, oases clearing is the same. Shall I search your posts or you will agree you had different view on this in connection to oases?

Sadly even my personal opinion doesn't change TG politics.

Since it takes too long to wait for ameno or templar I look for the thread right now, because I had exactly that conversation one year ago in this forum in great detail. Give me 10 minutes to find the thread -.-

/edit: There you go, read for yourself: Question about the rules

/edit2: You see the dilemma now? I can accept not using 2nd and 3rd accounts played by my duals to clean oases since I consider the value negligible in the long run. But the advantage of having one dual setting up a chiefable egyptian 15 crop field... that's a whole other dimension. The benefit is ridiculous insane compared to 1-2 cleaned oases in the beginning...

• I've deleted several posts as they were snowballing worse and worse.

Please be mindful of the interpretation others may have of your posts.

Re: Rule 1.1, I believe there was something not long ago from HQ admitting it was ambiguous and they were investigating ways forward. From memory, this was also a topic of discussion for those who were invited to Munich.

To date, I've not seen anything further.

• Everyone in the community would very very much appreciate it if we could get a final, definite answer from TG.

This is an important topic and we need a clear statement soon. Because new ptp-servers are going to start soon. Please make them aware of the problem, very much appreciated.

• This thread has been brought to the attention of those higher up but again, it is nighttime and outside of normal business hours in Europe so getting response will not happen for several hours.

• This thread has been brought to the attention of those higher up but again, it is nighttime and outside of normal business hours in Europe so getting response will not happen for several hours.

Perfect. We can all live with that. If we get an answer tomorrow in the morning that would be faster than we are used to. Even faster than I expected it.

Seriously, good job if that actually happens! :)

• I am not promising a definitive answer. But I have poked @Templar Knight who is the one who needs to pass this on. Hopefully someone can get some sort of response in a timely manner. To get a definitive answer sometimes takes time. But this is an issue that does appear to need to be resolved or answered.