• I believe its very urgent and imperative that the US domain hires a CM. Its absolutely absurd that we have gone months now searching and have not hired one. A CM is very crucial in maintaining order and organization in our forums that I so deeply love.

I see no reason for us to not have a CM by now... Whats the deal?? Maybe a little transparency on this?
    Travian please get it together

Bully me and I'll blow up your cap

• You actually do have a CM, and her name is Ameno. Though she is only a temporary CM for UK/US domains until a new one is hired.

This is correct, Ameno is the temporary CM as well as Senior CM for the UK and US domains. If you have any concerns over order and organisation you are free to raise this with Ameno who I'm sure will be happy to discuss it with you. Alternatively, if there is any content you feel needs moderating you are welcome to speak to the relevant moderators too, or use the report button.

Our inboxes are always open if you have any questions :)

• Though she is only a temporary CM for UK/US domains until a new one is hired.

I'm sure Del is aware of that but I think his general point is that there isn't a permanent CM whose sole job is those domains.

As both someone who applied and who follows the community closely here are a few general notes:

• Applications opened on May 30th. AU/UK/US have not had a permanent CM in 101 days.
    • There was something like 20-30 applicants as of mid-June (I've had some conflicting information as to the number)
    • First round Interviews began in the 2nd half of June
    • First rejections began at the end of June
    • Second round interviews would presumably be started early July
    • Ameno indirectly oversees ~40 domains as Senior CM. Directly overseeing ~3 domains (and potentially more, I don't know the status of other domains CM positions) seems like a burden to her. It is also neglectful to the communities without a permanent CM because she can't give them the full attention they need. Not to mention the lack of active Mods across the 4 English domains.

I will refrain from saying more on the subject since I had a horse in the race at one point but I wanted to provide some context to the situation. I'll leave others to draw their own conclusions.

• I like Ameno. She's been responsive to issues, reasonable and fair, and I haven't noticed a delay in response.

Personally, considering some of the ....activity and commentary shall we say...that goes on in the .us domains, we certainly don't need the wrong person on here, to be heavy handed, expecting us to conform to say, the UK standards of politeness. We'd all be banned in the first week. US domains thrive on inuendo, insults, and bickering worthy of middle school drama class, and the wrong CM might not understand our rather interesting way of showing our love and respect for each other!

Take your time, TG, we are just fine over here.

Blackblade wrote:

and yet everyone seems to love her..It remains to be seen if this is out of fear and indoctrination or actual love

Scarecrow wrote:

a bit of both, really

Clash wrote:

When those guys with hug-me coats show up, you go quietly...you have to be NUTS to run this bunch

us1 - SIO Win

us4 - SIO Win
    us3 - FWB Win

• to be heavy handed, expecting us to conform to say, the UK standards of politeness. We'd all be banned in the first week. US domains thrive on inuendo, insults, and bickering worthy of middle school drama class, and the wrong CM might not understand our rather interesting way of showing our love and respect for each other!

It's the other way around actually. You're very far from the level of insults and other nice things on the .uk forum.

• It's the other way around actually. You're very far from the level of insults and other nice things on the .uk forum.

THats interesting. When the forums were redone, we were told that we had to play nice...be polite. Like the uk forums.

Blackblade wrote:

and yet everyone seems to love her..It remains to be seen if this is out of fear and indoctrination or actual love

Scarecrow wrote:

a bit of both, really

Clash wrote:

When those guys with hug-me coats show up, you go quietly...you have to be NUTS to run this bunch

us1 - SIO Win

us4 - SIO Win
    us3 - FWB Win

• THats interesting. When the forums were redone, we were told that we had to play nice...be polite. Like the uk forums.

I don't think you have ever read the .uk forums. A lot of interesting characters over there but I would not say they are always polite. Pretty far from it actually. I think .us forums are much more polite.

• I don't think you have ever read the .uk forums. A lot of interesting characters over there but I would not say they are always polite. Pretty far from it actually. I think .us forums are much more polite.

You mean US isn’t #1 here either? Step your game up, people!

..And that is the Final Word.

• My post was more in hopes of a permanent CM. Nothing against Ameno, I just like organization and a plan for our forums. Leaving us out in the dark like this may be one of the reason many are unhappy with the game and numbers are dwindling.

• My post was more in hopes of a permanent CM. Nothing against Ameno, I just like organization and a plan for our forums. Leaving us out in the dark like this may be one of the reason many are unhappy with the game and numbers are dwindling.

Now now ... A large part of the Travian community does not even step on to the forums. There is no indication that players are not playing Travian because the forum management is bad lol.

Let's not get sidetracked here.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• Now now ... A large part of the Travian community does not even step on to the forums. There is no indication that players are not playing Travian because the forum management is bad lol.
    Let's not get sidetracked her

Idk. The only reason I play is too troll noobs on the forums.

• Now now ... A large part of the Travian community does not even step on to the forums.

By my estimate, utilizing a combination of the "active" users listed by the forum and my last account estimation on servers globally (I estimated upwards of 500,000 accounts, hard to say more precisely since I don't have data for some of the Asia servers and registered accounts does not translate to actual players)... I would say about 5% of the non-middle east server population visit the forum often enough to be considered active. Not sure what "active" is. Only about 11% of all forum accounts are considered active. (~11k of ~101k)

Those who post with any regularly are probably 1% or lower. That isn't unusual necessarily among internet forums, groups etc. There is a concept called the 1% rule, where 1% of the community generates content and the other 99% lurk. There are variations of the rule as well and I think you can extend the rule to similarly separate people who visit the forum to begin with and those that don't.

I just looked at all 36 domains (beside English speaking ones and the middle east ones as they have a separate forum) and 24 of them look like the AU domain (for those of you familiar) aka there are little to no posts or are only marginally better. The remaining 12 were markedly better though not consistently so. This was a very unscientific examination, I just eye balled all the embassies for each language. If I had a reasonable way of doing it I would try and get definitive answers on a per domain basis.

To bring it back to the topic at hand... under the right community team it might be possible to increase the number of players both visiting and participating in the forum for a domain. A community team needs leadership to do that aka a permanent CM. (Not to say a CM can be a silver bullet, they still operate within constraints from HQ and other factors can be beyond their control + it can take years to build or rebuild a community)

• Idk. The only reason I play is too troll noobs on the forums.

..and you can't even do that right..

Now now ... A large part of the Travian community does not even step on to the forums. There is no indication that players are not playing Travian because the forum management is bad lol.

Let's not get sidetracked here.

^^ Truth..

I also have to agree with @Quelaana.. The forums are plenty responsive and "organized" as they are.. And as @Wolkenengel said, you can not rush quality..

s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

• I think the bigger concern is where is the last US1 Hall of Fame.

Delusion and Quelaana need documented proof that they lost a round.

COM1- Foleys Folly

US1- Chef Follardi

US3- Folito Lopez

Did I lose if theres no proof? :whistling:

Not the first Hall of Fame Travian has cheated someone out of. I believe the round of S4 that SIO won was never posted. They couldn't "find" the stats...

Blackblade wrote:

Scarecrow wrote:

a bit of both, really

Clash wrote:

us1 - SIO Win

us4 - SIO Win
    us3 - FWB Win

• Hi there. (And thanks for kind words, btw, I really appreciate that)

The hiring process is almost over, so there will be news and I can introduce you the new CM. Hope everything will be sorted. I'll also add missing threads to HoF soon.

Ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.