• I think the marketplace has always been incredibly flawed. It is an amazing feature that isn't getting the attention it deserves. Right now it is in a very bad place where only a small percent of the population use it regularly.

Trading is one of the most important things both in the past and now in real life. And I think that should reflect in the game. I'd like to propose a few changes to make the Marketplace more viable.

1. Subscription:

A feature where you can subscribe to a certain resource ( :lumber::clay::iron::crop: ) so that you can get a notification when a new trade has appeared in the market. It can be fine tuned even further to make it so that we can add in a certain number of resources we need. For example:

Subscription for wheat means you will get a notification for every single wheat trade. That's annoying. Instead have a feature where you only get a notification for X amount and above trades. Like I only want to be notified of trades where I can get at least 5k or more wheat. Or 5k or less wheat and so on ....

2. Acceptance notification:

I have already recommended this before. You will receive a notification if your trade gets accepted.

3. Trade routes:

Having just a 1 hour window is not enough for fine tuning. Let us have different time windows like every 30 minutes or even less if needed. This will let people have greater control of fine tuning their accounts to perfection.

4. Shipment cancel:

I think this has already been asked for. Allow us to cancel a shipment in a minute of its departure like it is done with troops.

5. Artifact effect on merchants:

This also has been asked before. Let the speed/boots artifact affect the merchants too. I really don't understand why it hasn't been implemented.

6. Tournament square effect on merchants:

This is an alternative to point 5. Instead of having the speed/boots artifact affect merchants, have the Tournament square increase speed as well as merchant capacity. This seems to be the logical choice than the trade office affecting the speed. Quite a few people in the community agree too.

-------------------------------------

That is pretty much what I have to say about and it would be nice if it could be taken into consideration. This post is open to improvement and new ideas. Feel free to add to this discussion.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eric Rasputin: Changed point 6. from trade office to tournament square effect. ().

• I agree with everything but point 1 the last thing we need is more clutter on the screen or in the report box or somewhere. Imo the main problem with the market being underused and dead is NPC, why bother trading and waiting hours for resources when you can NPC lol, Travian is full of gold whales. Trading is cool for a couple weeks at the start of the server and then when you get enough Res and storage villages it's easier to just shift it around your account to where it's needed and not trade it if you don't NPC

UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab. COMx - Darth Jar-Jar. ASx - ???

Discord: Daniel#7855

• Why bother? Because gold is money and not everyone can afford to use it as much as they want to. It will only become a clutter if you subscribe for it. If you wan to use NPC then go ahead. I don't see how this change will affect you.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

• "it's easier to just shift it around your account to where it's needed and not trade it if you don't NPC"

UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab. COMx - Darth Jar-Jar. ASx - ???

Discord: Daniel#7855

• I like all of those ideas, but maybe the tournament square should affect the speed of merchants rather than the trade office?

• I like all of those ideas, but maybe the tournament square should affect the speed of merchants rather than the trade office?

I know that personally as a player who normally plays tuet, I would love to have those slow poke merchies run a little faster as the TO got higher. They can use the exercise.

• I would much rather have the TS effect their speed instead of the TO, cause if it was on TO, then they would have to up the cost of it by a lot.

• I completely agree with everyone that it would be better for the TS to affect the speed of merchants than the TO. Will make the necessary change in the OP.