Merged server name

• The Commonwealth of Nations, normally known as the Commonwealth, is as far as I have read, an intergovernmental organisation of 53 member states that are mostly former territories of the British Empire.
    The Commonwealth as an organisation was founded in 1931.

So according to the description, this would not be correct to use for a new domain. It could easy have be shortened down to what?
    Com, which is a domain we already have.

Anglosphere, when I read different definitions, it covers United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom. But in this you can also find The Republic of Ireland, Jamaica, Barbados and Bahamas.

In other words, the new domains name: Anglosphere, covers the 3 domains that are going into the merge, and also includes Canada and New Zealand.
    New Zealand has already been merged into Australia.

• Commonwealth is a term the US uses. Four states are Commonwealths and overseas territories are described the same way.
    I know countries other than those named in the merge would be covered, that was my point - such a server would have global appeal.
    The name can be referenced back to The Commonwealth, as in the (former) British Commonwealth, and it is a recognised name in common usage in the US. The word's actual definition describes what the server is made up of too, which is quite a useful attribute for a name to have.

Already having .com makes the name perfect, surely? Just change it to .Com

• I look, Сrunch - incredibly prolific))

ру-4 2009/2010 - первый опыт
    ру-5 2009/2010 LoL
    ру-4 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 Кодекс
    ру-9 2013/2014 Секта
    ру-8 2014/2015 Ось зла
    UK-5 2015/2016, UK-2 2016/2017 OLYMPIA
    UK-29 2018 SIBERIA
    ру-29 2018 GoТ
    Anglosphere-6 OLYMPIA

The post was edited 1 time, last by Strazh severa_RU ().

• Talking of Rugby, just got tickets to see England vs New Zealand in November. Jealous much, Ritzy?? :)

You want the italianxa as part of a war game?

Hmmm... I'd agree with you, if not for the Italians WOPing our asses when they turned up a while ago. A single alliance of 20 players if I remember rightly.

• This is the first I have heard about a merger for all the 'English' speaking countries...why are you merging them?

Because the community has been asking for it for a long time.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• why are they asking for it?

Because of the declining player base among the English speaking domains. People want competitive servers, not sim city.

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• I wish this merger had been publicized!

100% it should be. It should be used to almost 're-launch' the game for newer players. I hope TG pushes this- it's a big deal for the game and a massive step forward.

United States of Britain, Beer, and BBQs should be the start of a new era :)

US6 2018 Krakan_Killer (AA)
    UK3 2018 knock.knock. (MM)
    UK1 2018 _Subotai (Losers)