New HoF for Merged Domains Poll

• HoF for new merged servers 121

1. Start a new HoF for the new servers from scratch (87) 72%
    2. Merge the new servers into the existing .uk HOF (34) 28%

With the merge of UK, US and AU, now seems a good time to reconsider the Hall of Fame and how it is used.

The UK has for some time tracked End Game Hammers (WWKs) as well as the usual server information for all slow servers. In addition, it has provided league tables for the top alliances and players across all UK slow servers. (For those who do not know what the .uk HoF looks like, please visit this thread to see just how detailed it is.)

With the merge we would like to know your opinions on how this should continue.

Option 1. Start the HoF for the new servers from scratch. The existing HoFs would be archived for reference, but the new, merged servers would start a new league tables with records being set by the first Anglosphere server.

Option 2. Retain the UK HoF and merge new records into it, so the existing UK records stand as they are to be beaten by all players on the Anglosphere servers.

In addition, we would like your thoughts and ideas on what records you would like maintained and how you think these should be presented. If at all possible, we will look at how this could be possible.

Please vote for which option you would prefer and add in any comments or thoughts on how you would like to see the Hall of Fame run going forward.

• Replace the forum posts for HoF with a database of all servers with sortable tables to hold the statistics. Something like "hof.travian.com/uk1/r12" would lead to the UK1 round 12 hall of fame. This way the devs have way more options for displaying statistics, HoF becomes more prestigious (forum posts don't reach a huge part of the playerbase, especially when it comes to HoF posts) and the HoF can be added automatically as opposed to having to have someone from staff take screenshots and hoping they then don't forget to post them (iirc US2 round 9 was never posted to HoF, this wouldn't happen with an automatic stats website)

• While I agree that would be great, that is something we as forum staff do not have an option to do.
    We've made the poll based on our ability to implement the result.

The best we can do for that idea is have it included in the CM report for HQ consideration.

• I would have to go for the option to start the HoF anew for the combined servers.
    And hopefully this time we make the 3x HoF as comprehensive as the slow server one.

I don't know if this is true for the slow servers but a lot of the Ukx records are now outdated considering all the changes the games has undertaken over the last few years. Servers dont last nearly as long as they used to and defence points are now awared to the actual defenders.

Starting the HoF anew has to be the best option.

• Keeping the ukx hof up to date would have required someone with the interest and time to do it. I play slow servers, it takes me roughly 6 hours work to update the HoF each time a server finishes, and that doesn’t include the work that I put in to set up all the templates and tracking spreadsheets or that Bloated Fish put in before me.

If someone would like to volunteer to record the speed servers, that would be brilliant. I’m happy to share templates and spreadsheets.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

• Seems to me that a new domain should have a “fresh set” of records.

If the Merged domain starts with the U.K. records, then it seems to me that it’s not a new entity. That would feel like we were just folded into the U.K. domain

Known as either Skitime or Ricktheski on 7 different rounds.
    Member of Gemini, winners of round one of server seven.

• If anyone is interested in the speed server HoF and maintaining it or helping with it, please contact me via forum PM. There is a lot of time involved in maintaining the HoF as @Mercedes has already stated. She maintains the slow server ones for .uk out of the goodness of her heart. Nothing more.

The HoF will have to be a joint project meaning that the mods will help with it but we need more help. We spend a lot of time here on the forums on top of our regular lives so we would need help.

• Seems to me that a new domain should have a “fresh set” of records.

If the Merged domain starts with the U.K. records, then it seems to me that it’s not a new entity. That would feel like we were just folded into the U.K. domain

well the UK records blow the US records out of the water anyway so they would look the same if they merged :thumbup:

• Keeping the UK records would keep the new domain a UK domain. It's a new domain, so new records/HOF. I don't think we discredit records from the UK or US or AU servers, but those records were done on those domains. I've played servers on the US,UK and Com servers and they are all played differently so the records are not comparable. It's like trying to compare sports records across the world and making a claim that this person is the greatest goal scorer or greatest home run hitter yet they have never played against each other or in the same league... or era.

• UK HoF was regularly-ish updated. US was not, that's why she reffered to UK HoF, since it actually resembles one with statistics and all, not just random ball flashing of reports like US HoF seems to be.

• I do like the simplicity and prestige the US HoF had. And I think that should continue. But the analytical side of me chortles with glee to see all the historical data on hammer sizes, siege numbers, more listing of very good players, etc.
    Would it be possible to do BOTH?
    A HoF listing for the very top accounts on a server + a statistics listing that goes with it, possibly in a separate thread?

• I must agree with several of the players.

If its a merge and "NEW" domain then I think it should start fresh and HOF from UK - US - AU/NZ should be archived once the merge is final

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on."
    Robert Frost

• If the Merged domain starts with the U.K. records, then it seems to me that it’s not a new entity. That would feel like we were just folded into the U.K. domain

^^ This.. We are already being ignored on start time/arty drop times.. All the "old" domains should be archived, and a new one started for the merged servers..

s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

• ^^ This.. We are already being ignored on start time/arty drop times.. All the "old" domains should be archived, and a new one started for the merged servers..

I don’t think it was ever a case of US or AU being ignored, just that UK already has overall comparison records for servers and end game hammers but AU and US don’t. The question was whether to use those as a starting point to give everyone something to beat, or to start from scratch.

My preference would be to start over as the game has changed so much anyway over the past few years, this server merge seems the ideal opportunity to do so, but we felt that it was important that the community be given the choice.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

• All the "old" domains should be archived, and a new one started for the merged servers..

My preference would be to start over

Glad to see we agree.. ;)

but we felt that it was important that the community be given the choice.

..unlike the start times..

s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

• Glad to see we agree.. ;)

..unlike the start times..

I’m not an employee of TG, just a player who has maintained the UK HoF when nobody else did and I had to fight long and hard just to be allowed to do that when it was fast going down the drain. When I say “we” I mean myself and the other volunteers who have come forward with offers to help on the HoF on the new domain.

In case you didn’t realise, I did the UK HoF for nothing, I didn’t even get the free gold the MODs get. When I did, briefly, work for TG as a volunteer I was very quickly made to realise that opinions that back the community over the company aren’t welcome.

Sorry, I don’t get any influence over anything. Wish I did :(

Stand out Award 2017 UK