New Report Format Feedback Thread

• With the new report format being rolled out to servers today I have noticed an uptick in chatter about them. A lot of people were taken aback at the sudden change and didn't even know they have been in trial on PTR and PtP for several months now.

In an effort to bring those Skype and Discord conversations public I'm making a thread for people to make their feelings known.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• The only problem I have is that when I read my reports I have to scroll down because there is just too much stuff now and it takes up a lot of space. It almost has made me not want to read some of my reports anymore even though I only read the ones where my troops come back full of resources.

Other than that I didn't really read my reports anyways except my reinforcements which is much more of a hassle now too.

• This update is the worst thing to happen since The Black Plague. I truly mean it , Instead of putting this time and effort in to an update that this game really needs like, Easier farm list managment, New hero items or Artifacts or even a Mobile app to name a few off the top of my head.
    I have played this game for over 10 years and im sure i have spent Thousands of dollars. All this update did was made the report pages bigger and take take longer to check. The old report pages were perfect

• So easy to give feedback on this one....

IT IS HORRIBLE!

Bo knows! Mace are like bees... a few of them are harmless but a swarm will kill you.
    Blah blah blah.... been playing since US started then quit that domain.
    Im morbid/pika/thrawn/noob juice/ewoks
    etc....

I've played on all the English speaking servers many many times along with a few others I never understood a single IGM sent to me. I'm done now.

• HORRIBLE.

illuicons_9_leader-150x150.png                 illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png                illuicons_9_leader-150x150.png

The Legend of 2018            The Special of 2017          The Legend of 2017

"Sai, si dice che si diventi una leggenda nel momento in cui si passa a miglior vita. Ma nel mio caso sono una leggenda vivente."

*if you are like this* -----> https://imgflip.com/gif/3dybwx... *you will finish like this* --->Schermata-2020-03-05-alle-20-23-18.png

• I'm not sure what I think yet, apart from the scrolling I'm leaning toward positive. You guys that says its horrible care to elaborate on why you think so?

• first of all, we have here on the forum pointed out multiple other changes that would improve gameplay for all players. and this was clearly not one of them.
    It is always great with improvements, even the pure visual ones. Problem is that this dosn't improve anything really.
    here is a comparison between the 2:

I just took a random old report for comparison. and i believe in reality they both do the same thing now a days in regards to functionality for adding to farmlist and so forth, not that anyone uses that function.
    But as you can clearly see, the report has become way more messy to look at. And the thing that bothers me the most is that troop type and numbers are not center alligned. It is so annoying.
    As i said before, it is fine if you try to improve the visual parts of the game. but these sword and shield icons looks terrible, how can you make as awesome forum banners as moderators have on forum and so forth, and then make these kinds of visuals ingame, i just don't get it.
    At the same time these visuals take up a huge amount of space in the report. and noone is interrested in having them, especially if you are watching 100-10000 reports a day. you want a easy and fast way to overview the report.

Every thing takes time to get used to... but this is something i don't wanna get used to.

• If you're reworking reports, then at least make it a little more useful.

Add the percentage of losses and survival. Give a total attack points/defense points.

In short, make it like travian reports. net and give us moar stats!

Dead. Everyone's dead.

As4 - Apocalypse

• If you're reworking reports, then at least make it a little more useful.

Add the percentage of losses and survival. Give a total attack points/defense points.

In short, make it like travian reports. net and give us moar stats!

This rework on reports is done by visual designer not by a coder. They just wanted to update the visuals, it's a visual update. To ask visual designer to work with the codes to display calculation is unreasonable, because he probably doesn't know how all these formulas work to translate it in computer language.

Besides total attack/def point will tell the enemy smithy level.

• This rework on reports is done by visual designer not by a coder. They just wanted to update the visuals, it's a visual update. To ask visual designer to work with the codes to display calculation is unreasonable, because he probably doesn't know how all these formulas work to translate it in computer language.
    Besides total attack/def point will tell the enemy smithy level.

Thanks for pointing it out. The smithy level issue is a problem haha...

Didn't know it was just a visual update.

Dead. Everyone's dead.

As4 - Apocalypse

• One good thing they did was add an option in your settings to "Don't display images in reports." This removes that big image at the top but leaves the rest.

That said I think many of us would appreciate other settings to modify the appearance. I'd love to be able to turn off Images of the Attacker / Defender, leaving just the colored bar saying Attacker and Defender.

• Add ability to turn off image of Attack / Defender on the sides of the report
    • Condense Attack / Defender bar height - Decrease "ATTACKER" font size and pixel height of the box around it (for when images are disabled as above)

• I have a few more things but the general idea is to allow players to toggle different elements to create more streamlined and basic (graphically) reports. I would also extend this to other elements of the UI but one thing at a time.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• With the new images, I give the new reports a D+. With the images hidden, B+. Honestly not bad looking without the extra stuff at the top.

With the extra stats and stuff eric suggest I think it be pretty nice actually

I've probably played 30 servers at this point

RIP travian reports and my only decent reports :(

One time member of the UK Hall of fame for def points

Panda - 1,276,029

• I'm not sure what I think yet, apart from the scrolling I'm leaning toward positive. You guys that says its horrible care to elaborate on why you think so?

Whether it looks awesome, horrible, better or worse doesn't matter....... I think it is horrible because it is 110% unnecessary, it was a change NO ONE ever complained about or asked for and added absolutely nothing to the game except more useless scrolling for part of the game that is only needed to be looked at quickly or for information. Organized, easy to read reports with helpful links are needed, not more images of warriors and swords. Not to mention they dont work with travian reports any longer which is totally great but who cares, they have big pictures of the same stuff that looked fine before.......

Is that a good enough reason for my horrible comment?

EDIT: HOLY CRAP!
    I just read someone elses post and saw I could go to settings and turn this stuff off. Then I realized my duals already went to settings and did that!!!! I have been complaining about the reports with the image settings turned off! OH MY G! What in the world were they thinking? I just saw what it is like with them on. Why would you turn a simple piece of information like a report into so much wasted space? First off..... What was wrong with the old reports? Why do we need that silly red ribbon? or the skull? what is wrong a report saying "units" and "casualties"?????? Yet again travian just boggles my mind on what they think is important to the players. Wow, just wow.

Bo knows! Mace are like bees... a few of them are harmless but a swarm will kill you.
    Blah blah blah.... been playing since US started then quit that domain.
    Im morbid/pika/thrawn/noob juice/ewoks
    etc....

I've played on all the English speaking servers many many times along with a few others I never understood a single IGM sent to me. I'm done now.

Post was edited 3 times, last by jaruby ().

• they have been in trial on PTR and PtP for several months now

Really? So why do they look so buggy here? Is Windows 7, Firefox 43.0.4 so exotic that it wasn't worth any effort?

Anyway, now there is a lot of graphic stuff wasting space and making scroll I don't feel any need for.
    So I really would have appreciated if my wish NOT to see extramasterpieces of painting arts ("Don't display images in reports") would have been respected. I mean, there IS a checkbox in the settings, whichis ignored here. Thanks for this clear message what player's wishes mean to TG.

On the other hand -- aren't those faces much prettier than the smudgy little dark thingies shown in the ally list? Both pretty enough for a mother to love. So I really love the red/blue triangle on the faces in the buggy variant.

In short:
    It's awfull, it's buggy, it's not any more information than before, but it fools externals parsers to show funny reports afterwards (e.g. I've always wanted to spoof with swordsmen).

If I love it? Guess.

• When Travian devs cannot (or will not) deliver what fans want, external devs create some pretty amazing tools to fill the gap. Gettertools, Travian reports, etc. only exist because Travian devs are not doing the job fans actually need and want.

Visual "improvements" that BREAK those external tools is NOT the way to improve things.

If you can't make functional improvements, then don't mess with anything that will make it harder for other people to give users the functionality we need and want.

Oh, and agreed on above comments re: visuals not an improvement at all.