No gold server

• Hello.
    I think that there is a loot of pepole who want a server without gold just becouse then it would be fair to all players.
    and yes i know that you need to earn some money and servers aren't cheap so insted of gold you could give more ads to cover your expeneses and earn money
    example: there is no gold no auctions but everyone need to watch 25? adds per week if not all of your prodcution is halfed and your troops are locked down in city for 3 days and so on...
    and this server Will very popular
    well at least you can do kind a test run

• It won't happen. I don't know why we're beating this dead horse again.

A no gold server means a no revenue server. You think a business would be dumb enough to let one of their ventures run in a loss?

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• Still I think the guys need to look at some sort of control. The servers are becoming ridiculous in terms of Gold spent. And even though that means money now for trav, in the long run they'll be losing huge numbers who are disheartened that it has become a 'Pay to Win' Server game and in the long run that'll be the death of it.

Maybe only a certain amount of Gold can be used per day, and make the Travian plus and Gold club much more accessible to every player as they are the more functional advantages anyway. You'll still gain from lunatics bidding 100k for a helmet in the first week!

Also Silver gained from Adventures is completely pitiful now ppl are spending so much money. At lvl 20 Hero on P to P I still get 600 silver from an adventure! Lucky if I can buy 5 tablets!

Worth a real rethink for the long term future of the game.

• Is this Rich?

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

• If golds give less advantages/limited advantages, players will be encouraged to not buy a lot of golds which is something devs won't like for obvious reasons. If golds give so much advantage that effects the game balance so much in a way players feel others are cheating cause they have access to unlimited golds, players will be discouraged to play travian.

I think normal legend servers are great with that balance but I feel issues with the way troop merging and treasury activation works in special servers.

For troop merging, If it was based on resources for everyone the game was way more fair. In my opinion if they insist on getting golds for it they can allow the gold to reduce the amount of res it needs but not completly zero it. That would still feel more fair than the current version.

For treassuries its just madness that a fraction of people can use slight artifacts in all of their villages (cause of the unlimited gold in their pockets as I mentioned) and the rest can't. Its just impacting the game in a way that everyone else will feel cheated on. There should be a limit on the total amount of slight artifacts someone can make - 2 at the same time maybe?

That is my opinion. I have no issues with the current auction system, gold for bonus res or gold club.I think immidiate construction is a bit too much but its arguable and ok in my book as well.

Is it so far from madness to wisdom?

• In my opinion if they insist on getting golds for it they can allow the gold to reduce the amount of res it needs but not completly zero it. That would still feel more fair than the current version.

Some veterans from the birthday servers and I actually discussed this on skype before the Munich meeting. I think the thing we found most viable (if they really wanted to keep gold merging, and not just do res merging), was to put a cap on it. A flat cap was suggested, but I was proposing a progressive cap - so the amount possible to merge that way would scale with server time.

• I do not think a server with ads would be enjoyable at all. Spending half of your time clicking ads.... nah. However making gold less impactful is the way to go. There is so many games out there making millions and still isn't pay 2 win. There just need to be the right ideas.

• The game needs to be paid for by someone. Either all players have to chip in or you need some who effectively fund for others. For some chipping in is not possible but they are still great players and do very well - but generally I see the real difference is the amount of time you spend playing and your skill.

The biggest gold spends (from a gold user) are NPC and Instant build - why - because they save time shuffling resources around and I don't have lots of time to play. Aside from completing the first village faster, there is not a great advantage except for time spent if played well. Auctions - well again you get things a little earlier, but it is not a great advantage as a month or so later you can get for a lot less...

I agree about Travian plus and Gold club - they offer way to much of an advantage and should cost less, be 100% fund-able from game play (or adverts) or not be there.

• example: there is no gold no auctions but everyone need to watch 25? adds per week if not all of your prodcution is halfed and your troops are locked down in city for 3 days and so on...
    and this server Will very popular
    well at least you can do kind a test run

There is no way in hell I'd play travian if I had to watch 25 adverts a week just so people who can't afford gold are happier

tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?

• You'll still gain from lunatics bidding 100k for a helmet in the first week!

Try 1.2 mil.

People dropping £300+ on a helmet auctioned by TG themselves is what keeps this ship afloat.

I'd like to see some kind of cap but I understand why it won't ever happen.

US6 2018 Krakan_Killer (AA)
    UK3 2018 knock.knock. (MM)
    UK1 2018 _Subotai (Losers)

• In my opinion, large amounts of gold can bring a HUGE advantage early game, but from day 50 onwards it really fizzles out. The only important thing early game is having enough gold to sim your capital.

Yeah people spend £300 on a glad helm, but they're competing against other people doing the same most of the time, and it does not impact or affect the average player.

• yes someone spent 300 quid on a glad helm AND STILL DIDN'T GET THE CROPPER HE WANTED

Money doesn't replace skill

tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?

• Skill?

They bounced off someone who settled in 5 days (with a 34 hour travel time included in that) without being a top raider or having a gladiator helmet.

I don’t think “skill” is what happened there

• be happy that people are spending a reasonable amount of money buying gold. When you get an equipment from adventures selling just a couple will earn you enough silver to be able buy goldclub and Plus and production bonus for a long long time. In fact the auctions and gold frenzy is amazingly better for people who cannot afford to buy gold. Whereas previously nongold players would have had to be content with not having production bonus, not having gold club and not having plus on their accounts, now they can all get these handily.

On a sidenote, some people enjoy a coffee in a overpriced coffee shop, some enjoy a few beers or two in overpriced boozeries, and some spend it on pizza and kebabs. Why? because they enjoy it and it gives them pleasure and fun.

So on the same notye why are you upset with people spending money on travian? It gives them pleasure and that is what they spend it on. Someone who spends say £300 on booze per month should understand that some people spend £20 on travian a month.

What exactly is the difference? One of them dodgy fast food meals set you back £10, and you still eat the junk becasue it gives you joy irrespective of how bad it is for your health. Well some people spend it on Travian.