No gold server

• Skill?

They bounced off someone who settled in 5 days (with a 34 hour travel time included in that) without being a top raider or having a gladiator helmet.

I don’t think “skill” is what happened there

'Friends' is what happened.

I bought a glad helm on day 4 for about 200k silver.

I also got a resource push from my alliance of about 35-40k resources. Teamwork is a skill that by the sounds of it you guys haven't learnt yet. If you want me to go through how to do a good raiding start with you I would be happy too.

Don't cry because I'm better than you, be happy that you witnessed skill outplaying ridiculous gold usage.

In terms of a non gold server, Travian is a business at the end of the day and a non gold server is obviously not profitable. It won't make more people spend money or even play the game, so I don't see it happening

What reports are you meant to show off if you're a defensive player? :(

My name is Alex, not Mark :)

• push from my alliance of about 35-40k resources. Teamwork is a skill that by the sounds of it you guys haven't learnt yet.

Lol

I know that AA isnt't famous for their, selfless teamwork, but before being salty atleast quote all relevant stuff that was written. As i know lots of 1776 and 1812 members bounced off cereals, not just noob tube because of ress pushes that were happening. AA probably would do the same to rebel if you tried cooperating for once between yourself :thumbsup: but i guess you were the ones that were on the bouncing side of things, so in part i get why you're salty.

• The difference is that people who spend £300 down the pub aren’t stealing all the best croppers

No they, are just stealing the queue in accidents and emergencies at the hospital.

So how is it any different?

Next you will be complaining that the guy who turned up to a job interview stole the job from a guy who never even applied for the job.

• No they, are just stealing the queue in accidents and emergencies at the hospital.

So how is it any different?

Next you will be complaining that the guy who turned up to a job interview stole the job from a guy who never even applied for the job.

I resent that remark!

I've been off my face at least 200 times this year and not once have I ended up in A&E!

• I support a no gold server but watching countless adverts to achieve this probably wont happen. Travian Games need to be transparent in the costs for each server for people to really comment on this and I can't see that information coming forward either. In my opinion travian has massively lost its way and now some players are quite happy to spend £100s a server to be the best. It is of course their right to do this but then you are just left with a couple of hundred players per server, if that. There needs to be some sort of 'social responsibility' on the part of Travian Games when it comes down to gold usage as maybe some players are addicted and not really able to afford the amounts they use.

If a limited gold server, with maybe a reduced gameplay over a specific period could be introduced then maybe those players that are 'bombed' out by the multiple dualled raiding accounts might actually survive and enjoy the game as we who played many years ago did.

Appreciate that those that post in these forums have probably contributed to the way the game is played now but I have seen many of my travian friends give the game up over the years as its become more of a 'pay to win' game.

By limiting gold usage you then have to make decisions on how you use it rather than just spending it like water.

• A server like the old style T3 server would be great, no auctions or hero adventures. Getting your hero armour from attacking oasis. That was fun. Watching some people with more money than common sense spending about £100+ for a gladiator helmet is just plain silly and really spoils the game. Having a server with a pretty much even playing field would put a lot of the fun and enjoyment back into the game. I know travian need to make money but they also need to listen to all the players not just those who throw money at the game. I suppose that happening is about as likely as having no bugs in the game.

• I think a way of spreading the wealth may be an option, as a solution.
    Maybe you could share silver with members of your alliance?

That way those with gold could convert and help members not as well off

IDK, just spitballing

• I think a way of spreading the wealth may be an option, as a solution.
    Maybe you could share silver with members of your alliance?

That way those with gold could convert and help members not as well off

IDK, just spitballing

I am seeing a bot related problem with this one.

This is a private account and messages posted from this account are of my own personal stance and do not represent Traviangames in any way. / Tämä on yksityistili ja edustaa vain omaa kantaani, viestit tältä tililtä eivät edusta Traviangamesin kantaa millään tavalla.

• If you want a "no gold" server then make a server you must pay to play. $50 to join the server, then you can play. At that point you have to decide if we completely remove the Gold club, Plus and the auction.

• At that point you have to decide if we completely remove the Gold club, Plus and the auction.

Those are the exact reasons why Gold gives you an advantage.

But if there was an exception regarding gold features, I'd say keeping NPC would be a nice thing.

tumblr_static_85925g0bn2sckws4ks4008kk8.png

si4 2007/08 Vrba [ANCIENT]

si5 2012/13 orangutan [AK]

si2 2017/18 sph1nX / Blobfish [Midgard]

si1 2018 .iDKz! [RM]

com29 2018 sph1nX [UN-C]

com83 2018/19 Bacardi Time [DSC-IDTS]

TT Finals 2018/19 Witch King [Union]

Anglosphere6 2018/19 Fimbultyr [Bifrost]

• I like the gold benefits, it's running out that's the problem. I wouldn't play a server with no gold, or no gold benefits, but i'd play one where i paid to join it, or paid a monthly fee for playing, rather than having to keep buying gold with my card

• Gold Per day Limit though? Now that is something that I feel could hopefully get Trav bosses to see the benefit of surely. They still reap cash from us all, but the server and the game still has followers (and let's face it - respect - since you can't just buy the win). If there was a 25 gold per day spend limit it would mean the nuts in the game (if which we all know many) would still spend that every day for xxx days but it would not break the whole mechanic of the game necessarily as you can react to a load of troops being merged piece by piece (on a PTP server for example), but a village being built to 600 pop overnight and 25k troops filling it and destroying everything around them isn't good news for anyone, developer or player.

• you realise there are some players that spend more than that each hour, travian is a business, they couldn't give a monkeys if people who aren't giving them money aren't happy

tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?