[Anglosphere] Fact and Rumours tx3 - Round 1

• You guys would have won if not for Bernard accidentally winning the round for us (His enemies) so I'd say you guys did amazingly lol

We weren't too impressed with how our rammer was used. Thought we had more support following it. It was the best chance we had, pretty much wasted. Should have delayed the WW with other rammer/hammers to give us more build time, and we could have taken that wall to 0. Oh well.

• We weren't too impressed with how our rammer was used. Thought we had more support following it. It was the best chance we had, pretty much wasted. Should have delayed the WW with other rammer/hammers to give us more build time, and we could have taken that wall to 0. Oh well.

Honestly Upsurge or TK wins this had you guys ran bigger series instead of more frequent smaller series. TK killed off 3 of our biggest WWKS. Especially after that Botched wwk op from us where we wasted a couple wwks.. You guys essentially could of drove in, put a couple of them rammers together got the wall down enough and pounded away, and there woulda been literally nothing we could of done from there.

Keep in mind we had 2 ww's we had to focus on keeping down with 3-4 chiefed hams and a botched OP that cost us another Rammer and 2 wwks. It's why we held on to that 5x stability the way we did. Without it + the defense we had we didn't stand a chance.

• no we wouldnt have cause i had 3 of our hammers and I cant send them without hero can I - bigger series would have been acwaste tbh as all rammers werent of any note aside from mine wich was a work clearer growing big

• no we wouldnt have cause i had 3 of our hammers and I cant send them without hero can I - bigger series would have been acwaste tbh as all rammers werent of any note aside from mine wich was a work clearer growing big

Our rammer was 'of note', and was only followed by a few small hammers. It wouldn't have been a waste to throw more hammers in after it.

• It's okay guys, the round is over. Your internal whinging got us to win easier, you can stop now until the next round starts.

Forums are a place for discussion, I was just adding my view, not taking away anything from your team's win. Congrats on sounding like a major douchebag though :thumbup:

• It's facts though, I wasn't saying anything against your own post. You admit it yourself, your internal disputes and lack of organization caused you to lose most probably. All things considered we never should have won but endgame coordination on your end was poor enough to let us get to 100.

• Lack of organisation? Guess Upsurge should just have recruited twice as many people to reach the same numbers as IDTS :rolleyes:

Maybe the Mighty Hegemon Amalgon have a trick or two up his sleeves for next round? I believe in a Hegemony win next round!

• It's facts though, I wasn't saying anything against your own post. You admit it yourself, your internal disputes and lack of organization caused you to lose most probably. All things considered we never should have won but endgame coordination on your end was poor enough to let us get to 100.

I agree for sure, just no point in telling people to stop discussions. No harm in talking about what happened. I hadn't talked to leadership myself about what happened before these forum posts.

• Honestly Upsurge or TK wins this had you guys ran bigger series instead of more frequent smaller series. TK killed off 3 of our biggest WWKS. Especially after that Botched wwk op from us where we wasted a couple wwks.. You guys essentially could of drove in, put a couple of them rammers together got the wall down enough and pounded away, and there woulda been literally nothing we could of done from there.

Keep in mind we had 2 ww's we had to focus on keeping down with 3-4 chiefed hams and a botched OP that cost us another Rammer and 2 wwks. It's why we held on to that 5x stability the way we did. Without it + the defense we had we didn't stand a chance.

I wasn't directly involved in leadership, but the sense I got was that upsurge and the tk+ group were never really together and never really fully trusted each other. We attacked together at the end, but the communication was lacking so there was no real coordination. If there was a true joint combined effort I think there was enough firepower that the round might have ended differently. But if the queen had balls she would be king. Once again congrats on your victory.

• Yeah just to confirm - Not Actually Hegemony.

Upsurge wasn't a pre-planned alliance, If you follow on gettertools will see majority split off from Valkyrie (Basically a bigger joke than Hegemony) - And others from somewhere else that we merged with (Can't remember name, Sorry!) Leadership/Lack of involvement let us down a fair bit, Leaving players that should've been 'Minor' Inconveniences around for far too long. Not really being ones for 'Confeds/Naps' - But we did give a Confed a go with Nimrod, But as we all know didn't really work - Wasn't just lack of trust, but a toxic environment (...But we needed an acad, So took it with us)

Upsurge & TKProx etc never really trusted each other - We Tried working together but it constantly felt like the other side was holding out/not making the effort. (Plus there was some confusion when Pro-X thought we was sending 34k Rammer at x5? - But that was obviously going to WW) - Think Trust went out of place after that, Plus we genuinely couldn't believe they really didn't have any more armies.. Guess wasn't lying after all.

People can comment on UGR/IDTS/WBP/Nimrod being the 'largest' on server (They are - By Very Little) - But lets be honest, WBP/Nimrod wouldnt have made a huge difference, Defence numbers inside the two were quite impressive - Considering the amount walled at x5 and was still a good level within the WW Itself, Can't blame others or take that away from them.

You do realize what you are saying makes like literally no sense whatsoever. So instead using those rammers that "weren't of note" together in 1 ww slam.. You rather have kept running small series getting our wall down 3-7 levels (lowest it hit was 13?) then hitting the ww down a few levels... (let us stay in the lead) only to give us a few hours to rebuild that wall back to 20 and for you to hit it again in 24-48 hrs...

No.. Sorry bud. You guys combine 3 of those little series of ops.. take the little not of note rammers as you say, drop that wall to 0, and eliminate the stability arty from the equation at all. We screwed up our ww hits, and had a handful of wwks lost in the round, you guys were hammer heavy, its not rocket science.. you get us below tk and we were done for. what you DID do though.. was kept trying to stall stall stall selfishly, to let that ham (was very disappointed btw) grow as big as it could to swing as late as you could in hopes that would do the trick. Then turn around and say "our rammers sucked".. Naw bud, Madgainz and the non-ram rammer really sucked for you guys, Rost had to send his rammer before im sure he wanted to..

Lack of organisation? Guess Upsurge should just have recruited twice as many people to reach the same numbers as IDTS :rolleyes:

Maybe the Mighty Hegemon Amalgon have a trick or two up his sleeves for next round? I believe in a Hegemony win next round!

Recruit? We did not "recruit" WBP nor Nimrod. They genuinely were pushed against both TK and Upsurge because of whatever failed relations you guys had with them. We cannot help if they wanted you guys to lose.. kind of the joys of playing spoiler I guess? We never once reached out to either of them and asked them to help, support, or anything. in fact when Nimrod approached us I even told them no... Hell we had Upsurge members supporting us too... Had nothing to do with us recruiting half the server. 100% you guys pissed people off, your own people at that. Only a true D-bag will oversee the fact they lost their support for being d-bags. Juss sayin.

• Morning kids, been a while....

I just want to address a couple things quick.

~~~> First, congrats on the win. Especially UGR you guys fought head on the entire round, you were the MVP's hands down.

As in every round, there were some risks taken that worked and some that failed, unexpected hurdles etc etc...

I'll address the rammer incident briefly.

As IDTS confeded with a third alliance (WBP), we decided to run some ops with Upsurge.

Bottomline, we were expecting a much bigger rammer on that 5x run and a bit more fire power behind it than what we sent.

The lack of transparency of remaining hammers & sizes lost it for us both basically. PRO had to make plays with what we had left.

Had we known what was still out there we could have planned a sizable train capable of zeroing the WW rather than dribs and drabs of small trains that were ineffective.

They were playing for the win too though so had every right to play as they wanted. Being in the busiest quad of the server we didn't have nearly what we expected to at that point.

Our only good rammer left was Gainz... the narrative on Skype before that train was sent was that we MUST steal the 5x or it's game over. (Accurate assessment I think)

Gainz was never going to be sent, he was going to be saved for afterwards because we knew we would have to bring someone else down later on.

After the hammer order was made the numbers looked pretty good and we were confident it would be stolen.

Gainz was sent only as a security blanket in case there were troops straggling after the train, at 320k/75k or whatever he was at, we figured even if there were 50k-100k troops left over he would clear it easily with minimal losses but would still come home to 25k rams untouched and keep growing with the trainer. The only other sizable hammers we had were Mikle and Aryan but they had 18k catas each and we couldnt lose our only hammers capable of actually dropping the WW down. Again, we didnt know what Upsurge was still sitting on. We had to take some risks.

So yes ... I made the call to send him as a cleaner but preserve the rams. It was a tough call, one that if it works you're a hero if it doesn't you're a zero. Hindsight is 20/20 but in the moment the mindset was that hey, if we dont get that 5x his rams are only going to go PING off the wall just like that first 20k rammer did dropping it only 1 level i think it was. So it seemed as though if we didnt take the chance the rammer would have been wasted anyway. Do I regret sending it now, I suppose but being in that position there didnt seem like many other options. Upsurge was claiming they had no rammers left so it appeared that Gainz was the only one who could potentially knock that wall down after the Op so we needed to keep the rams. We also needed the 5x but we didn't have the gas.

There was a lot more defense at UGR/IDTS ww than we expected... Kudos to that as well.

Our Anvils were our MVP this round hands down they were incredible. I've never seen so many hammers splat in a round, our def AVG per person was ridiculous.

So publicly I'd like to shout out to them and say thank you for your hard work. Thank you to everyone who stuck it out, stayed loyal and played hard, you were all great. :thumbup:

~~> To the many people who I was talking smack with back and forth, its just a game, I leave each round in the past with a clean slate.

Nothing personal and hope you feel the same. Something has to keep it interesting, hitting raid lists every 10 min doesn't cut it. :)

I'll be issuing hugs later to those who may need one. 8o haha

It was a well played round, lots of action, I wish you all the best and we'll see you again. ;)

Thanks for a good round.... -B

:dancing: :dancing:

The post was edited 6 times, last by Bernard_US ().

• With 10mill deff in the WW .. the 5x isnt all that imp if you ask me .. You guys should have used what little hammers you had left and started doing ops on the defenders .. Keep cheifing ...

Many often dont go that route ... Just slam all the hammers to the WW and you did your job shouldn't be the attitude ... With a few good fakes you would have forced us to pull deff from the WW to defend our main vills ...

but yeah .. this is all in hindsight ... as a leader im sure you know how hard it is to get members to play seriously when its end game .. But yeah .. The fight with pro-x was fun ...

We'll see next round

Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

The one and only, Teutobod.